• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:37:55 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Journey of the Five FAQ + Q/A.

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, April 21, 2013, 02:37:17 am

shoruke

Quote from: ArkthePieKing on August 29, 2013, 04:22:53 amWhirlwind Blade. Is there any particular reason that Link doesn't spin during it? It's just so iconic. I feel like the animation chosen doesn't do the move justice. Especially after seeing the sword turtle thing (name escapes me) spin. That animation right there would honestly be amazing in itself.

Thanks for that. Now whenever I look at Link's skillset, I imagine him trying to attack people by turning into a turtle and spinning.

RavenOfRazgriz

Link doesn't spin during Whirlwind Blade because the only human-compatible spinning sprite animation is the one used with Spin Fist, meaning it's impossible for a unit to animate as spinning with their weapon drawn.

DaTruthDT

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on September 11, 2013, 05:15:47 am
Link doesn't spin during Whirlwind Blade because the only human-compatible spinning sprite animation is the one used with Spin Fist, meaning it's impossible for a unit to animate as spinning with their weapon drawn.

Actually the Spin Fist animation would be cool. At least then Link would be spinning.

Pandemoniu

So, I finally decided to start a file.

I've just gotten Agrias. I've also recruited a Chocobo from that one battle in Araguay Woods.

I'm trying to get it to breed for a Black or Red one, but no such luck.

Was it always this hard to breed? From April 'til September and still nothing.

Has something been changed with Monster Egg Laying?

Thanks in advance.

Also, I'm lovin' this mod. Brings back so many memories, and at the same time, it's also making new ones!  :D

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Pandemoniu on May 27, 2014, 02:58:22 amHas something been changed with Monster Egg Laying?

Monster egg-laying was disabled to circumvent a few bugs caused by some of the ASM edits we use, among other reasons.  If you want a monster based party you'll need to tame each one individually. Battles like the one you found in Araguay Woods where monsters join automatically at the end were added to help offset this for people who enjoy using monsters, though.

Pandemoniu

Thanks again for the response. It's good to know I wasn't going crazy.

I suppose then that means I'll have to get me an Animist or something.

Hyraldelita

i know it's an old post, but still i wanted to say something about Alucard.

I have feeling in contrast for Alucard, because i LOVE that main char, i played Sotn a lot, the point is that , i have to say.. i don't think it would be easy to put him in the storyline you guys did for jot5. Simply cause if cloud don't speak much , alucard talk even less, and i have no idea how could anyone replicate his personal skills in FFT XD
i might say something stupid but probably, Yuna (FFX) would fit well in the story, and as a special char, no one ever made a summoner as main char in patches.

But Sotn is a must play game, if you like platform rpg!^^

DaHammerCrush

Really rough Job Tree. I'll clean it up and add the 2 missing jobs as we get info on them

-Crush

3lric

I've no idea how to even read this thing lol. However, if someone from the team can vouch for it's validity, then I'll have Lijj post our job lung.
  • Modding version: PSX

alkarl

Quote from: Elric on October 02, 2015, 10:25:32 pm
I've no idea how to even read this thing lol. However, if someone from the team can vouch for it's validity, then I'll have Lijj post our job lung.

It looked pretty confusing at first, but it aligned nicely with all the work that was done over on the wikia. Looking at all this stuff makes me want to load up my old save file and poke around some more. I think I got to level 40~ or somewhere around there... Welp until after work.

DaHammerCrush

Still a little tough to follow because of all of the crisscrossing but its a lot cleaner. If I can unlock Redguard, Bard, and Mime I'll put them in too.

DaHammerCrush

Bard Unlocked, I'll add this to the Job Tree

KingUrameshi

I really like the way Samurai looks, it dosen't look like a baseball umpire anymore and looks all regal. I used to like the female Samurai much more than the male verision in the original game.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

KingUrameshi

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to use this when I get further into the game.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Guru

Agrias can dance for me anytime  :P

Jumza

I'm amazed you got Agrias that far down the job tree as a guest :o
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Hyraldelita

me too lol thats some patience XD
I would be able when i was 16 , but now its kinda impossible for me to have that kind of patience ^^

3lric

Level 59? Good god man, that's impressive.