• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:10:04 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

My Impressions (so far, up to barius hill)

Started by Luc, January 04, 2014, 04:52:10 pm

Luc

This mod is pretty awesome, I do think that the difficulty needs tweaking (down).
I know many people (including myself) like having it harder than say vanilla, but for those that want to be able to play the game at a level comparable to vanilla should be able to just for the sake of enjoying such a wonderful mod.

Also, your team has done an awesome job with making the game really feel like a legit sequel (speaking in terms of dialogue, animations, sprite work, etc).

EDIT; was also wondering, how does the scaling work in the mod? Do story battles scale to general level?

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Luc on January 04, 2014, 04:52:10 pmEDIT; was also wondering, how does the scaling work in the mod? Do story battles scale to general level?

Enemy Levels scale based on the highest level unit in your party.
Enemy Equipment scales based on your progression in the story.
Enemy Abilities (aka how much JP they have) does not scale.
Monetary Rewards from battles scale based on the Levels of the enemies you defeated.

Basically, grinding will still ultimately leave you with an advantage but there is a scaling system in place so that the enemy will never be 100% irrelevant.  Though, there are also a couple battles which actually get harder if you grossly overlevel to something like 30+ to keep you on your toes, so there is no one "best" way to play and make the game easy to complete.