• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:32:12 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

'Unknowns' of Patcher

Started by Durbs, May 20, 2011, 11:50:07 pm

Durbs

I have a wierd problem- what I've been trying to do for a personal patch is create a mimic to a bard move (inflicts statii on allies, both positive and negative), but something is wrong. When I use the move, range is completely disregarded for the range of a weapon. When I use a 255 ranged move on auto, it asks me to select the range as if I had a sword/dagger/etc equipped, then, when I execute it, the character strikes with a weapon that they don't have equipped. Can anyone explain to me what relevant 'unknown' boxes do in this situation?
  • Modding version: PSX

RandMuadDib

did you check to see if you have 'weapon range' checked at the bottom?
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Durbs

May 21, 2011, 09:04:48 am #2 Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 09:06:04 am by Durbs
Unchecked. Like I said, I completely mimiced the setup of a bard move.

EDIT: ..., including the animation.

RandMuadDib

which ability did you replace? can you post a screenshot?

Durbs

I think I figured it out...

A warning to anyone who sees this and doesn't already realize it: don't mess with the samurai skill set. That was the problem this whole time, despite the fact that I changed it to the defaut. Once I used a blank skillset, all my problems were solved.

RandMuadDib

ahh yeah that makes sense. that one, charge, throw, geomancy, calculate, and jump are all a bit wonky.