• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:30:40 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

CoP Progress Log, Suggestions & Bugs

Started by Kokojo, May 07, 2010, 08:33:37 am

Wiz

April 18, 2011, 06:29:55 pm #20 Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 06:31:07 pm by Wiz
Quote from: dinosaur on April 18, 2011, 04:06:20 pm
THere are a buttload of bugs, please refer to my videos. THeeeenks.

-_-

Asking someone to navigate through 100+ minutes of footage just to find bugs considering that they won't know what they're looking for is NOT very helpful. Next time, provide a (couple of) screenshot(s) of the error(s) OR at the very least, note where in each of your videos the bug(s) is/are present. E.G. CoP part 3 at 99:37, an ejaculating penis with Michael Jackson pops up on screen XD

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

dinosaur

April 18, 2011, 07:53:30 pm #21 Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 08:06:04 pm by dinosaur
Quote from: Wiz on April 18, 2011, 06:29:55 pm
-_-

Asking someone to navigate through 100+ minutes of footage just to find bugs considering that they won't know what they're looking for is NOT very helpful. Next time, provide a (couple of) screenshot(s) of the error(s) OR at the very least, note where in each of your videos the bug(s) is/are present. E.G. CoP part 3 at 99:37, an ejaculating penis with Michael Jackson pops up on screen XD

Wiz, I totally understand and I have done that before. However, I just cannot put that much work into it. Most of the bugs are very easy to spot and I do reference in the videos. I bet Kokojo just didn't want to put in the time to fix them and focus more on the event making.

I personally make these videos for the creators. I firmly believe if the creator is in-love with their patch work, they will take the time to watch all the videos and dissect the gameplay to further better their patch. If they decide not to watch the videos or I don't have the time to do screen shots then I believe they don't care about their patch that much. IMO.

Wiz

April 19, 2011, 03:25:35 am #22 Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 02:22:50 pm by Wiz
Quote from: dinosaur on April 18, 2011, 07:53:30 pm
However, I just cannot put that much work into it. Most of the bugs are very easy to spot and I do reference in the videos.

It takes very few minutes to use "print screen" + MS Paint to get the desired image from your computer then upload it to an image sharing site like photobucket then copy/paste the image code to a comment box. If that's still not convincing, then go with solution 2 (note in this thread what and where the bugs are in each corresponding video) the easier alternative. Giving the creator a heads up of where the bugs are located here saves him/her time and more importantly reduces the responsibility of having to remember each and every mess up that came about. Humans have a thing called short term memory and can easily forget minor details like these hence the reason this thread was made.

Quote from: dinosaur on April 18, 2011, 07:53:30 pmI bet Kokojo just didn't want to put in the time to fix them and focus more on the event making.

Even if that's the case, that doesn't change the fact that he can just come here and finish this later when he gets the more important aspects done.

Quote from: dinosaur on April 18, 2011, 07:53:30 pmI personally make these videos for the creators. I firmly believe if the creator is in-love with their patch work, they will take the time to watch all the videos and dissect the gameplay to further better their patch.

And there's no reason to not make it any easier for them to dissect the gameplay by keeping a record of all the stored items.

Quote from: dinosaur on April 18, 2011, 07:53:30 pmIf they decide not to watch the videos or I don't have the time to do screen shots then I believe they don't care about their patch that much. IMO.

Then I guess Arch doesn't give a damn about 1.3 by this logic. There are many 1.3 videos out there and highly doubt that he's watched them all.

Look, your efforts in helping out are admirable, but do it in such a way that's effective. Putting the burden on him to take notes on everything that he sees isn't reassuring since people are bound to miss things even if it seems like everything in a video's obvious.

Wiz

Don't F*CK With Lysay!

Kokojo

XD Fixed in the new version.

Thanks for the report ...
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Pride

The healer guy (forgot his name sorry) can crystallize in Sweegy Woods.
And the gates helped me battle against the malboro and behemoth monsters :x
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Kokojo

Quote from: Pride on August 29, 2011, 11:19:33 pm

The healer guy (forgot his name sorry) can crystallize in Sweegy Woods.
And the gates helped me battle against the malboro and behemoth monsters :x

PFFF

Fixing. Those are bug :P

Pride

Strange as I only counted 9 sprites but I tested with my secondary units with the same sprite, the glitch was removed. So it appears 8 is the limit for that map?

Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Kokojo

August 29, 2011, 11:36:47 pm #29 Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 11:55:00 pm by Kokojo
Sorry, that's not supposed to happen. And it's because of the damn loot :P

Thanks for finding the bugs. <3

Fix : Fixed

Mari

In the battle with the chocobo riders, one of the chocobos is facing the wrong way. =P
But the guy is still facing the right way, so he is riding a sideways chocobo.
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

Mando

September 10, 2011, 01:00:44 pm #31 Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 01:31:47 pm by Mando
Ok, I have a hand full... note I play on psp. So let me know if it is native or not.

1. Found a Rapier in the first fight... never ends up in inventory.
2. Enemies have move-find, and fuck you over- fix this... if your going to have move-find items and we have no idea on location make it so enemies can't beat you to them... happened to me a few times.
3. Text errors on phaseshifter class~ the ice ability says "sends you through a fire plane" the bottom most ability just has "." for the ability.
4. When using the mind master  skill that causes level down... it does the summon cast and a box pops up that says "titan" remove this...
5. when you use focus, he does a punch but a weapon strike occurs~
6. change the formulas on skills like focus that display 0 dmg being done to the user if it is intended that it does 0 damage
7. Say in the ability description that a skill does damage back to you like rush...
8. Teamwork's description doesn't give any hint whatsoever to what it does.
9. Teamwork's animation is phoenix down so it only shows it affecting one unit instead of multiple, like it appears to do.
10. A maelstrom,by definition, is a very powerful whirlpool; a large, swirling body of water. But in game it is lightning damage and does a lightning animation... if you want lightning call it thunder storm, or electrify... something else
11. I forget where this is located... maybe under the focus ability? It says strenght  and not strength.

Other suggestions, you may want to look at the animations you use for skills... something like blowdart would look better with the animation used by mind masters that level down. The healing is too weak for salve and such... I mean 2hp isn't going to do crap in the grand scheme of things XD. I would have someone go through your tactext and check for more text errors.

There should be a save point in between where you meet lyslay and the woods... stupid girl got killed in the woods... hard to start all over (playing on psp) because I don't have save states. So I had to suffer from the long ass fight prior as well as all the talking... AGAIN. Also that noble guy you face in the Record Room... is just annoying~ again he move-find items before I landed on it. The damage/hp ratio is ???  which normally is ok... but if he has over 999 and your only doing 5-10 damage to him a hit... come on...

For now, I'll wait for a big bugfix update before I play it more... story wise it is pretty unique. Gameplay wise... you may need to refine/rethink somethings.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Zafire

There was a bug for me where Lesail was dead (sorry if I spelled his name wrong) in the Malboro+Behemoth fight, and the fight never ended even after I revived him, I had to reset and assure he was alive when I dropped the last monster. Unsure if you know this or not, but figured i'd post it up.

This was very enjoyable by the way, I look forward to chapter 3 :D

bloodafro

I would post a picture of it, but I don't really know how to do that so I'll just tell you.  The lady in the black outfit that you meet through the stuttering fellow bares the name Gospel in the formation screen at the beginning of chapter two.  I can't see the pic of the opium that one of the thief's (from the same part of the game as the first bug) possesses.
Barkeep: What'll you have?
Man: What do ya got?
Barkeep: Horse beer and horse soft drinks
Man: Got any horse Coke?
Barkeep: Horse Pepsi ok?
Man:  NAYYYYY!

bloodafro

Oh and it would seem that throughout game play the cleave leg move puts darkness instead of don't move.

bloodafro

I too cannot get past the behemoth/malboro fight even when Lesail is kept alive throughout the whole thing.

Kokojo

Quote from: bloodafro on September 22, 2011, 04:50:04 pm
I too cannot get past the behemoth/malboro fight even when Lesail is kept alive throughout the whole thing.

Ah yes. This change is included in the patch il get out today. (for reals, now)
Sorry for the delay. If you want to try before, get both creatures to die at the same time..

Thanks for your bug reports ~

bloodafro

Of course sir! I'm just happy that I can play it now!

Jumza

I'm not sure if this is a bug but at level 16 a knight can do 63 :shock: damage with cleave head... seems a little overpowered. Also its always 100% hit rate and it usually does equal too or more damage than a normal attack so i suggest making it have lower power.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Kokojo

Quote from: Jumza on October 14, 2011, 04:36:47 pm
I'm not sure if this is a bug but at level 16 a knight can do 63 :shock: damage with cleave head... seems a little overpowered. Also its always 100% hit rate and it usually does equal too or more damage than a normal attack so i suggest making it have lower power.

What weapon does your knight have?

It may be related, but thanks for the report... not supposed to happen.