• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:39:54 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Have there been any projects to fix the dialogue?

Started by adouchebag, October 05, 2008, 02:38:30 pm

adouchebag

October 05, 2008, 02:38:30 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by adouchebag
I recently downloaded and played through the Chrono Trigger updated translation and really enjoyed it, and it got me thinking about Tactics--a game that could CERTAINLY use maybe not a complete re-translation, but at least some work done to the grammar and certain poorly translated lines (Wiegraf, don't open that!!).

Just curious if anyone is working on this or something like it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

DarthPaul

October 05, 2008, 04:10:11 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
i havent heard anything about it and i think the bad grammar and typos are the charm of the psx version

if i want proper ill play the psp version

EDIT: i dont remember who but someone was porting the psp version back to the psx version
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

gojoe

October 05, 2008, 04:26:47 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by gojoe
trying not to be rude but i think your name suits you

anyway, almost all questions you've asked so far have been answered SEVERAL TIMES its simply reading the forums to find them. I've told you this once before, we don't need useless posts.
I never learn from my mistakes.

DarthPaul

October 05, 2008, 04:28:49 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
indeed
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

LastingDawn

October 05, 2008, 04:40:07 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
And that is the No. 1 way of running off prospective members, I have to say this "Holier then thou" attitude is getting on my nerves. There will always be people who can't read everything. Also the question is regarding a re-translation which the forum has very few plans of, though there might be some topics which could be allusions to such...
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

adouchebag

October 05, 2008, 05:15:43 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by adouchebag
Thanks for trying, I will also make every effort to not be rude.

For one thing, I DID look.  I found ONE post in the hacking/patching section that mentioned a retranslation, and it hasn't been posted in since June.  No link to a website, no information about how it's coming along.

Secondly, the other post you're referring to that you moderated (and then put back) was on topic and in the right section--it's not my fault that you made a mistake.  I was asking specifically about 1.3 in the 1.3 section--it turns out it was something I must have done to my own game, because they didn't know anything about it--so my fault.  But the only way I could know for sure was to ask--next time I'll send a PM.

Since there are so many posts answering my question, perhaps you'd be so kind as to provide a link to a few of them?  Because I sure couldn't find any.  There are a lot talking about making new stories, new story lines, total conversions, all that, but I didn't see anything about patching up the grammatical mistakes in the original version, which is what I was curious about.  I want to know because I would be willing to help with such a project, if it was needed.  If you'll kindly point me in the right direction I can post there and you can delete this one.

gojoe

October 05, 2008, 06:05:07 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by gojoe
ok first off, I apologize. After some searching myself I came across a few posts about this but no replies just questions. As for the other post about the Agrias thing sorry bout that too. Had a bad impression of ya from the start and it won't happen again.

adouchebag

October 05, 2008, 06:18:54 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by adouchebag
No problem, sorry to be such a bother, I'm actually a really nice guy despite my name :D.  I'm not here trying to stir up trouble, just love Tactics and want to improve it any way I can.

Anyway on topic, going back to what darthpaul said, what would that mean exactly?  Isn't the psp version of Tactics a lot different than the psx version?  I don't know much of anything about the psp versions, really all I've heard is the translation is better and something about a playable Gafgarion (but I don't even know if that's true).  I don't own a psp and hence, don't own any of the psp Tactics' so I'd be interested in seeing a port of it, I'll look around and see what I can find.

gojoe

October 05, 2008, 10:59:13 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by gojoe
LD's porting events back to psx should take care of most of the errors, but on a personal preference i would translate the the psp to psx keeping all the names the same like hokuten and such. the psp differs from the psx by adding a few extra battles, classes, equips and sidestories. but trust me its not much youre missing. as for a playable gaffy, its no different than in psx (unless you've applied the mercenaries patch)