• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:42:51 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

ShiShi - Spriter Edition vR04 [Zoom Tool included]

Started by R999, May 10, 2010, 04:27:27 am

Lijj

Any one interested in speeding up their spriting progress must download this and start using -command R.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

I know this isn't kinda the place, but I don't wanna create topics and trash forums, so:

Is there a way to zoom in the sprite you are viewing in ShiShi?Iit would help a lot.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

R999

@Kage: It's not something that I would know how to accomplish, but it'll be a nice feature indeed. I can help you if you are on the Mac (there's a very slick utility that makes it so you won't need something like this)... I think Lijj uses the Windows Zoom or Magnifier tool? Maybe he can help you with setting that up. The idea is to setup your Zoom tool so it shows you a Zoom-in view of the ShiShi Frame/Animator area being on top of other windows and with a fixed location in your screen.

Here's a reference on my workspace thread, incase you missed it:

Kagebunji

Well,I am on Windows 7, but I think it will work either way, thanks, R999.

R999

I just tried the Magnifier in windows 7..... I couldn't get it to lock into place so it's pretty much useless (well, although you can set it to Follow Cursor and that can work somewhat... just annoying). I'll see if I can find something else.

Zozma

its nice to see the 20yo woman head and portrait get used,
i think the sprite looks nice as well
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Knox

Im not sure if this has been pitched before but have you thought about adding a selectable background the the little black box? like maybe screenshotting one of the various ingame battle maps and fitting it into the box i dunno to maybe test it without needing an emulator? or just for sheer convienience.
No idea if its possible, but i thought id throw it out there.

I know people would still want the black one selectable ofc, too.
~Auranhiem

R999

^ Not a bad idea actually. I might try doing it. Good suggestion!

Knox

Oh cool, i been thinking about it past few days, didn't know if it had been thought of already or not though so i decided to say something about it lol.
~Auranhiem

R999

May 30, 2010, 05:46:40 am #29 Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 10:28:57 pm by twinees
I present you Windows users, the end of Lack of Zoom days !!!

Above software is:

1. Freeware
2. Has Fixed Location Zoom (no annoying follow the mouse crap)
3. Can adjust Zoom size, non-anti-alias AND anti-alias
4. Press Ctrl+F to lock / unlock Zoom location.

5. Fast, uses lower resources than windows magnifier.

Now you have no more excuses to not perfect every frame using the new ShiShi!

Go try it now! What are you waiting for? A similar on the Mac tool has grant me massive productivity boosts working with sprites. No reason to not use something like this.

Lijj

hahaha. Good I see it's getting downloaded already.

Devon_v

May 31, 2010, 09:18:05 pm #31 Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 10:29:25 pm by twinees
THANK YOU! As a 1280x1024 desktop user with an LCD monitor, Shishi's animation preview was almost completely useless, and I was so tired of going in game to test the position of a single pixel on a single frame. This is SO much better! Now I can track down that odd bit of hair that's messing up the forward-high attack frames!

Knox

Made any progress with that idea i had? Just curious.
~Auranhiem

R999

@Knox: Nope... too busy atm. Don't think I'll work on it anytime soon...  Although for screenshotting purposes, you could always make an easy  Photoshop template!  Just take a screenshot of an invisible sprite (it'll have a round shadow) on terrain and Save it as a PSD file. Make sure you take the screenshot when your game is running at its native, unscaled resolution. If you want, I could make one for you. But it's not hard...

Knox

Oh no, i dont need it right now, i was just curious what was up, you sounded like you were going to try it soon. No big deal, easy misunderstanding.

Do let me know if you ever do try it out!
~Auranhiem

Kagebunji

Ah, that is what I wanted! Good job, R999. Actually, I have another idea. How about we could edit sprites IN ShiShi? Not only we could view the sprites, but also fix it right away. It is much problems to do this, but just wonder how cool that would be.

R999

@Kage: haha yes that's ideally the best of all worlds. However, It's not like anyone here would be capable of duplicating Photoshop functions in any reasonable timeframe....  We are probably at a stage where we are as close as we can get to truly editing sprites frame by frame.

So this kind of shit don't happen anymore:

I just pulled up a random sprite to check for errors. Many submitted sprites are like this. Do not let this happen anymore. You've got to be Really lazy to let mistakes like this slip now with our new tools.

Zozma

that sprite was never made well to begin with...
look at the FFT version of aeris, its horrible... i wish someoen would just redo her

Knox

The sprite has alot of promise though, for a sephiroth sprite. I'd use it but the errors kill me and make it hard to enjoy it lol.
No offense to the artist, im probably no better but just saying.
~Auranhiem

Zozma

i think that anyone that finds a bug and is decent in spriting should be welcome to fix the error and re-submit the sprite as long as its actually a fix and not a change to the intended design...
err if they see fit to do so