• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Luiakyn's(Omnir's) Sprites

Started by Luiakyn, March 19, 2014, 08:33:54 pm

Kagebunji

Definitly nice improvement ont he Duma's back. As to the evil eye, it seems the right one could be a pixel higher, right now it's as fi he is looking at the ground, heh. Good updates.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

jimmyjw88

Yes, nice update. Kage nailed the fixes needed. Good job.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Seushiro

I agree I tested placing the pixel one point up and it is better for Duma. It has a better back now on your sample on the lower left it now looks like muscles/bone coming out there good good.... As for Zebbeb.... I think it is better without the cloth.

Luiakyn

Awesome -- Thanks all :) I'll take all of that into consideration >: D

Lijj

Really liking that crustacean Lucavi! Good stuff Omnir!
  • Modding version: PSX

Luiakyn

Thanks : D I'll be getting back to work, proper, pretty soon. Took a break to beat "Bravely Default".

3lric

Luiakyn

April 29, 2014, 09:33:59 pm #107 Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 06:27:23 am by Luiakyn
Not as fast as the ogre and giant, but hopefully soon.

I'd like to get 1 out every 2 weeks -- but that might not happen.
Edit: Small update:

Kagebunji

I thin Taurus is still my favorite, looks really menacing. Nice updates on Leviathan and Cancer too. Now it's easy to tell what is what on Cancer, great work.

Looking forward :)

jimmyjw88

Nice work. Agreed with Kage, I like Taurus the most.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Vanya

Nice! These are coming out awesome.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Luiakyn

Really thinking about humanizing Lotan (Leviathan/Pisces). What do you all think?

I've been working on "Sel" (Libra) a bit, also.

Twinees

Yeah I definitely agree about humanizing him. All of the lucavi look like a mix of beast and human (which I assume comes from the idea of the lucavi taking a humans body). Good idea.

Vanya

I second that. My initial thought was to draw inspiration from Mateus, but that is probably the weakest design out of all the classic villain inspired Espers in FFXII.

So how about simply adding a little bit of this...

... to your existing design?
¯\(°_0)/¯

Luiakyn

I can definitely see something from that working :3

Luiakyn

July 16, 2014, 09:08:59 pm #115 Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 10:04:40 pm by Luiakyn
Hey all -- small update: I've been pretty busy with RL stuff, but I'm back for a little bit. I've been working on Lotan, mostly, and a bit on Aquarius.

I don't like my current approach to the "Water bearer"(Aquarius) -- I was hoping for a megamouthed holding water sort of demon, but it might be too "Demonic" (i.e. not FFT like).

I'm also not at all pleased with my Sel (Libra) -- He's pretty lame.

Lotan is very, very basic right now. But I don't know which direction I honestly want to take with him.

With those thoughts exposed, with emphasis that I know they need work, here's what I have. I would definitely appreciate ideas :)

And a small edit: (might change Lotan's mouth back, I'm downsizing Aqua~

3lric

Luiakyn! I missed you and the crab people!

Seriously though, good work man, as always

Luiakyn

July 16, 2014, 11:24:10 pm #117 Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 04:43:49 pm by Luiakyn
Quote from: Elric on July 16, 2014, 11:18:34 pm
Luiakyn! I missed you and the crab people!

Seriously though, good work man, as always

Thank you sir -- I'm trying ;)

I need to get back into my grove of proper FFT-style spriting, but I'm back :)

Updated: Started on Sag~, tweaking the others.

Kagebunji

Good to see you around again, Luiakyn. That Saggitarius looks awesome, haha, my second fav after Taurus. Keep it up man. Also, where did I see Libra's head before? I swear it reminds me of some other sprite. Good work on these :D

Luiakyn

Quote from: Kagebunji on July 17, 2014, 04:59:48 pm
Good to see you around again, Luiakyn. That Saggitarius looks awesome, haha, my second fav after Taurus. Keep it up man. Also, where did I see Libra's head before? I swear it reminds me of some other sprite. Good work on these :D

I think I posted the "making of" shots earlier.