• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:21:14 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Re: ALL THE THINGS (ATT: A D&D RPG) - Let's get ready to rumble!

Started by Celdia, November 01, 2011, 06:21:40 am

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn continues his rush forward, charging at the next Goblin without delay as their feeble weapons rain down on him.  He then steps over the body of his felled victim, quickly advancing on the second Goblin in line and cutting it down as well, paving a path for the mighty cart of ALL THE THINGS to later roll triumphantly across.

Action 1-2) Charge and Greatsword Goblin 22.
Action 3-A) Move up to Goblin 21.
Action 4-A) Greatsword Goblin 21.
(If possible, based on if Goblin 21 has moved, combine Actions 3 and 4 into a separate Charge.)
(If Goblin 21 is dead already, Charge any other visible Goblin, even if it involves taking one of the forks.)
Action 3-B) Move out to G12 and hold position.
Action 4-B) Greatsword anything that enters my melee range.

Ryqoshay

Yvonne peeks around the corner and squints, confirming that she is indeed seeing a fork up ahead. Another profanity exits her lips, this time in Undercommon. (1) She waits for Rhyhorn and Hogarth to take care of the meddlesome Goblins before floating out from her hiding spot to move farther into the evil cavern. (2) Upon reaching her new position, she presses her back to the cold stone wall before deciding whether or not to re-summon her beloved will-o'-wisps to send out and cover the party's back. (3, 4) Her hand blazes again as she prepares for the worst.

Action
1: Hold Action until Goblins 21, 22 and 23 are dead then move. If Rhyhorn goes north, move to J12. If Rhyhorn goes south, move to I13. If Rhyhorn does not proceed down either path, move to K14 and skip 2 and first half of 3, 4.
2: Hold Action: Cast Dancing Lights and move them down the opposite corridor away from Rhyhorn. Keep bright illumination circle touching the torchlight of whoever remains near the fork.
3, 4: Hold Action: If a javelin equipped Goblin is revealed by the Dancing Lights spell, cast Magic Missile using wand. If any Goblin comes into melee range and appears to be focused on her, cast Elemental Strike.
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

EmmaNigma

Hogarth creeps around the stone, being careful to not fall into the murky depths of the cave. Upon arrival around the rock, She has seen that the beloved pokemon stone beast has already been attacking goblins left and right. Hogarth joins the fray, swinging her axe 'round to strike what remains of their small forces.

Actions 1-2: Creep around stone. (Figure this'd be a double action)
Actions 3-4: Charge at a living goblin. Living Dead Goblin.
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

st4rw4k3r

Elia following directly behind Hogarth, pondering why goblins are seen as such evil creatures. They attack when you invade their territory, but don't all creatures and human alike do such? But there are times when they do attack others off their lands, these goblin might be bad, but then again, aren't humans and other creatures alike in this very way too. So in the same way we see goblins as bad, they must see us likewise. There are some truly vial evil creatures in the world: undead, harpy, Lich, Medusa, and sometimes Human them selves can become tainted. The goblin, as evil as it is seen, is nothing but a simple territorial creature, nothing evil about it. so do they deserve to die in this manner. But if we don't do such actions, won't we also suffer the fate they have now? She curses her mind for going on such a tangent. "I'll have to consult Odin about this..." Elia says to herself. She glances over to the pool of water, and it comes to her to inspect it, after all it could be deep enough to lead to an underground cave, or something hidden in there.

1-4) Follow behind Hogarth. If Hogarth, or any nearby party members need HP, move to them and heal them.
Priority: Most Damaged/nearest to death friendly units, Hogarth, other nearby members.
If Damage taken =/> 5 Use Cure Minor Wounds
If Damage taken  < 5 Use Cure Light Wounds

If at any point Elia isn't healing, spot check the water and stuff.

Celdia

Actually, for the record, goblins are Evil by nature. Its born in them to be so. Good and Evil aren't philosophical ideas in Sephyr - they are measurable things like height, weight and distance.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

NinjaWeazel

(( I am approximately 5 evils and 1 minor irritation tall ))

Xun follows the others, leaping across the pond and staying close behind Rhyhorn.

1-4) stick one square behind the pokeymans, helping to deflect incoming attacks.

Kalas

Nathalie puts her crossbow beside her on top of the cart, sits with her legs dangling over the edge facing toward the ensuing battle and manicures her nails, filing and prettying them up for the future.

"I really need to take care of my appearance..is that..dirt" She muses, completely transfixed on her nails and ignoring the battle ahead.

1-4) DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

st4rw4k3r

Ryqoshay

((What's evil? That which we call a goblin
By any other alignment would be just as vile.))

Celdia

Turn 3 Resolution

As Rhyhorn charges into the group of goblins, Xun lunges forward and leaps over the pool of water, using the wall to the North as a parkour surface and lands easily on the opposite edge of the water, balancing himself easily. He moves up behind the rockbeast, weapon in hand and ready to deflect attacks, but not before one of the goblins tosses another ineffective javelin at Rhyhorn. The ugly goblinoid shouts, "Detener la ejecución de este a través de Traducir!" in Goblin and its allies break off to the North and South while it draws its morningstar, all out of javelins. However, unable to get away, the goblin giving the commands ends up on the receiving ends of Rhyhorn's attack and falls dead. Having lost another target to charge at, Rhyhorn and Xun make their way past the fresh corpse and take up a defensive position in the intersection.
          Moving carefully around the stone, Hogarth and Elia circle to the West just as the goblins break away. The barbarian gives chase with the priestess hot on her heels moving further into the winding cave. As she turns the corner, she spies one of the cowardly beasts who has another javelin readied and lobs it wildly at the elf as she begins to charge the goblin with her greataxe. Ducking under the projectile, she leaps up and brings her deadly axe down and through the goblin's body, cleaving down through its shoulder, shattering its skeleton and bursting its heart all in one swift motion. Elia steps over the mis-thrown javelin, trying to keep pace with Hogarth. From the darkness to their North comes some swiftly barked words in Goblin that proceed more javelins by mere moments. A pair of them strike true, wounding Hogarth and Elia each once. The priestess does take the new wound as an opening to heal her barbarian ally before another volley can be thrown. As her healing hands begin to glow, a harsh voice from the darkness ahead bellows something in goblin that resounds through the cave. There is no way anything alive in here didn't hear that...

Objective: Locate the magical objects.
Weather: None.
Terrain: Cave interior. Stone floors, low ceilings.

Terrain Notes: Walls, floors and ceilings are all solid stone. I don't care how thin it may look in some places on the map, you can't bust through them without a lot of work. Even then there would be the chance of a cave in. The ceiling is rarely more than ten feet high in these corridors. You may get more vertical space in larger chambers.

Lightning Notes: Rhyhorn, Elia, Nathalie and Xun can only see clearly in the brightest circle of light. Yvonne and Hogarth have low-light vision and can see normally to the edges of the grayed out area. Anything in the darkest area can't be seen by anyone in the party. There are penalties for attacking in the dark.

Knowledge Check: Goblins have Darkvision! This means that they can see through that darkest area on the map so beware attacks from the shadows!

Posting for this Turn ends in about 48 hours, (Sunday, Dec. 11th, 3am EST) or whenever everyone has posted, of course.

Rhyhorn
~Stats~
HP: 40/45
Defense: 19
Movement: 4
Endurance: 8
Reflex Speed: 1
Magic Defense: 2
Melee Skill: 16
Magic Skill: 0

Elia
~Stats~
HP: 17/21
Defense: 17
Movement: 6
Endurance: 5
Reflex Speed: 5
Magic Resistance: 9
Melee Skill: 14
Ranged Skill: 16
Magic Skill: 6

Hogarth
~Stats~
HP: 47/47
Defense: 16
Movement: 8
Endurance: 6
Reflex Speed: 4
Magic Resistance: 2
Melee Skill: 28
Ranged Skill: 20
Magic Skill: -100

Xun
~Stats~
HP: 23/23
Defense: 20
Endurance: 1
Magic Resistance: 6

Yvonne
~Stats~
HP: 8/9
Defense: 18
Movement: 6 Flying (1 Walking)
Reflex Speed: 6
Magic Resistance: 4
Melee Skill: 8
Ranged Skill: 32
Magic Skill: 7

Nathalie
~Stats~
HP: 18/18
Magic Resistance: 1
Melee Skill: 4
Ranged Skill: 18
Magic Skill: 1 (Items Only)

~Powers Expended This Turn~
Elia: Cure Light Wounds

~Powers Expired This Turn~
Resistance, Shield of Faith.

EmmaNigma

Upon hearing the bellow, Hogarth drops all pretenses of stealth. "FIGHT WITH HONOR, COWARDS" she howls, and heads north along the east part of the path, going between the wall and stone. Upon arriving, she goes right for the hobgoblin, striking mightily with her greatnessaxe, Sasha. She whips a throwing axe at both of the remaining creatures, eyes ablaze and steam hissing through her mouth.

Action 1: Move to K4.
Action 2: Attack Hobgoblin.
Action 3: Throwing axe at Goblin 24.
Action 4: Throwing axe at Goblin 25.
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn sees Hogarth heading north, and turns his attention the opposite way, still needing to clear out many more Goblins before it will be safe to get ALL THE THINGS across that water.  He charges forth at the first Goblin he sees at the end of his torchlight, cutting into it with his Greatsword before continuing his assault on the next in line.

Action 1:2) CHAAAAARGE! Goblin 23, taking the walls as a detour if needed, ending on H16.
Action 3) Greatsword! an adjacent Goblin!  (Priority is 23, 29, Other)
Action 4) Greatsword! an adjacent Goblin!  (Priority is 23, 29, Other)
Action 4-B) If no Goblins are left living, proceed slowly and carefully down the corridor until a Goblin or anything else of interest is spotted.

st4rw4k3r

Elia opens her mouth to speak, but words she speak are covered by Hogarths Cry. She quickly follows behind Hogarth as she runs forward.

1-4) Follow behind Hogarth. If Hogarth, or any nearby party members need HP, move to them and heal them.
Priority: Most Damaged/nearest to death friendly units, Hogarth, other nearby members.
If Damage taken =/> 5 Use Cure Minor Wounds
If Damage taken  < 5 Use Cure Light Wounds

Kalas

Panicked, Nathalie hops down from the cart and sprints toward the rock by the lake (with her torch in hand), hoping to gain some more cover while readying her crossbow to ensure any incoming goblins are swiftly dealt with. "Peligroso! I mean, danger! They're onto us!" She shouts, shiftily looking around for goblins, "I am ninety-percent sure there are bigger goblins here and they mean business! Fall back!"

1) Move to K,13
2-4) Hold action; shoot enemies that come into range if shot is safe.

Ryqoshay

Yvonne is by no means fluent in Goblin, but she picks up a few choice curses in the shout, and she can tell by the tone that the shouter is most certainly angry. "Bouncing Aladeo riding side-saddle on a two humped camel trekking across Starbane!" she thinks to herself a moment before Hogarth's reply. "I'm not a coward! I'm tactful!" the thought crosses her mind before she realizes it was likely directed at whatever monstrosity was around the corner, rather than her. For reasons beyond the fire sprite's comprehension, the barbarian despised wizards, yet seemed to have few issues with her being a flame-born sorceress. Hogarth had also yet to comment on Yvonne's preferred ranged methods of combat. Nonetheless, it was not a subject she wished to delve too deeply into, for fear that the elven woman may suddenly decide her to be a cowardly wizard and turn on her. She had no desire to learn how far her friend could actually throw an axe.
   (1) She grips her lit wand in her teeth as she fumbles in her backpack for her scroll case. Finding the desired roll, she yanks it out and is about to read it when Nathalie calls out. The fire Lirai snorts softly but rudely. "'Ohh hoo ha haive ehyhohy!' 'he hez." she manages to murmur around the thin baton. "'heh's ho!' 'he hez. 'Ih's hoing hoo he alhigh'.' 'he hez. Meh!" (2) She pulls the wand out of her mouth and grumbles a favored Ignan profanity before quietly speaking the spell and shoving the blank sheet back into its case. She cannot see the shield that formed before her, but she can feel its magical presence and is comforted by the protection it offers, albeit temporary. It helps stave off the growing desire to abandon this crew of suicidal fools and simply escape this hell hole.
   Looking up, Yvonne sees Rhyhorn's light move farther down the southern corridor, opposite the one Hogarth chose earlier. "They're splitting up?!" (3) A short string of vulgar words seeps through clenched teeth as she moves to another outcropping of stone. Peeking around the corner, she can see Hogarth engaging several foes, while Elia remains faithfully near to mend any injuries incurred. "They're fine, Hogarth can take 'em." She determines quickly and chooses to pursue Rhyhorn. After all, the wands she bought earlier are more effective on living rock than flesh.
   Keeping close to the ceiling and an eye on the north, she approaches the southern passage with caution, her spells ready to be cast at anything.

Actions
1: Retrieve Scroll of Shield from backpack.
2: Cast Shield on self.
3: Move to J12 then to I13 and pause to peek around corner. If a javelin equipped Goblin is beyond melee range of Rhyhorn, complete move to H13. If not, remain in I13.
4: If in H13, cast Magic Missile via wand on javelin equipped Goblin beyond melee range of Rhyhorn. If still in I13, Hold Action; if javelin equipped Goblin approaches from North, cast Magic Missile via wand on it. If Magic Missile has not been cast and Goblin enters melee range, cast Elemental Strike.

Celdia

Turn 4 Closed

Update will be up within the next 24 hours, hopefully. Been a busy weekend and its not over yet for me.

Mini-update: I've got the text written up and the combat details all worked out. I just need to find some time to get the map image edited. I think I'll have something up by midnight EST at the latest.

Celdia

Turn 4 Resolution

With speed that is always startling to see from the rockbeast, Rhyhorn charges deeper into the cave after a fleeing goblin with Xun following quickly behind him. Diving straight into a group of goblins at the turn of the cave, Rhyhorn slashes his target with the greatsword in his mouth, wounding the goblinoid warrior only moments before Xun closes the distance between them and finishes the creature off with a well-placed strike. From around the corner another goblin stands ready with its morningstar and brings it down soundly onto Rhyhorn's back, gouging deeply into his hide. Turning in place to strike this new threat, the quadruped slices first at the goblin to the South who deftly evades the strike by diving to the side and straight into Xun's lethal sword, getting skewered for its reckless speed. Unfortunately for Rhyhorn, the strange quarters of the cave's curved walls and his opponent's quickness make it impossible to land another blow.
          Further behind in the cave, Nathalie makes out what the goblinoids are shouting about and calls out, "Peligroso! I mean, danger! They're onto us! I am ninety-percent sure there are bigger goblins here and they mean business! Fall back!" as she moves closer to the battle to take up a defensive sniping position against a large stone. Nearby, Yvonne makes use of a spell scroll that creates a shimmering barrier around her tiny body for a quick second before the arcane defense solidifies into a shield of pure force. Now protected, she ventures into the cave's intersection, wand at the ready to blast any offensive goblins.
          Meanwhile to the North, a pair of goblins hurl their crude javelins at Hogarth, both striking with deadly accuracy and slowing her advance. Elia, ever prepared, reaches forward with her healing hands to repair the barbarian's wounds before they can impede the elf further. Fully restored, the elf woman continues her warpath to the group of foul goblinoids, but only to meet her doom as the floor gives way! Elia halts herself only mere inches from falling a good twenty feet straight down into the pit trap that has taken Hogarth by surprise. This seems to be a signal for the goblins as they shout more babble in Goblin and even more of the hideous creatures flood out from beyond the curve in the cave ahead, along with another axe-wielding hobgoblin. Several of them easily make their way around the pit using a solid ledge on the Western edge while another pair begin to shove a heavy rock down into the hole and onto Hogarth, maiming her further. The barbarian however won't be deterred. With a bellow of fury, she throws the large stone off and grabs a smaller axe from her things, hurling it upwards and catching a stone-rolling goblin directly in the chest with it. Elia, torn with aiding her friend and retreating to safety quickly finds herself fending off the group of goblins. She lands a quick punch on one of them as it tries to slip around behind her, but the blow only seems to bruise the beast as they surround her position. Another javelin from across the pit strikes her lightly, as a morningstar from one of the closer ones also lands heavily on her side. The hobgoblin that shouted orders before now stands before her, his battleaxe  - of greater quality than the weapons carried by the lesser goblins - seems to mark his status in the clan. With a hateful roar he swings at Elia and the heavy axe blade cuts deeply into her flesh. With the force of will brought on by her years of training as a Priestess of Odinn, she manages to channel the very last of her healing abilities to repair her wounds and stave off death, but this show of holy power only seems to infuriate the hobgoblin further as he strikes with the axe again, drawing more blood from Elia's body. As a small punctuation to the fierce melee at the edge of the pit, from across the length of the cave comes a small bolt of force from Yvonne's wand, striking a goblin on the far side of the trap before it can raise another javelin against Elia. The magical bolt strikes unerringly and stuns the goblin, knocking it unconscious.

Objective: Locate the magical objects.
Weather: None.
Terrain: Cave interior. Stone floors, low ceilings.

Terrain Notes: Walls, floors and ceilings are all solid stone. I don't care how thin it may look in some places on the map, you can't bust through them without a lot of work. Even then there would be the chance of a cave in. The ceiling is rarely more than ten feet high in these corridors. You may get more vertical space in larger chambers.

Lightning Notes: Rhyhorn, Elia, Nathalie and Xun can only see clearly in the brightest circle of light. Yvonne and Hogarth have low-light vision and can see normally to the edges of the grayed out area. Anything in the darkest area can't be seen by anyone in the party. There are penalties for attacking in the dark.

Knowledge Check: Goblins have Darkvision! This means that they can see through that darkest area on the map so beware attacks from the shadows!

Posting for this Turn ends in about 48 hours, (Tuesday, Dec. 13th, 1am EST) or whenever everyone has posted, of course.

Rhyhorn
~Stats~
HP: 36/45
Defense: 19
Movement: 4
Endurance: 8
Reflex Speed: 1
Magic Defense: 2
Melee Skill: 16

Elia
~Stats~
HP: 10/21
Defense: 17
Endurance: 5
Magic Resistance: 9
Melee Skill: 14
Ranged Skill: 16
Magic Skill: 6

Hogarth
~Stats~
HP: 40/47
Movement: 8
Endurance: 6
Reflex Speed: 4
Magic Resistance: 2
Magic Skill: -100

Xun
~Stats~
HP: 23/23
Defense: 20
Magic Resistance: 6

Yvonne
~Stats~
HP: 8/9
Defense: 18
Movement: 6 Flying (1 Walking)
Reflex Speed: 6
Magic Resistance: 4
Melee Skill: 8
Ranged Skill: 32
Magic Skill: 7
Effect: Shield (+4 Defense, Immune to Magic Missile)

Nathalie
~Stats~
HP: 18/18
Magic Resistance: 1
Melee Skill: 4
Ranged Skill: 18
Magic Skill: 1 (Items Only)

~Powers Expended This Turn~
Elia: Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds

Kalas

Torn between charging forward to help her endangered allies or return to the cart, she decides to do her best in applying her skills in some manner. Nathalie leaps over the rock into the intersection, PUTS THE TORCH SQUARELY ON HER MAGICAL (FACETIOUS) BELT AND SHOOTS three purebred, Nathalie-blessed bolts into the hearts of the surrounding goblins, theoretically.

1) Move to I, 12
2) See capital letters.
3-4) Shoot two arrows in the direction when the area is illuminated enough

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn quickly slashes at the Goblin that seems unwilling to just die already, turning and seeing the Goblin swarm around Elia and Hogarth as he finishes his enemy off.  He quickly turns, abandoning his current path to head back up to his friends and charging into the Goblin fray.

Action 1) Kill Goblin 28 with Greatsword
Action 2-A) Above, if not accomplished.
Action 2-B:3) Charge into the fray surrounding Elia and Hogarth, attacking the nearest Goblin in Charge-range.
Action 3-B:4) Above, if not done previously.
Action 4) Swing at any adjacent Goblin, priority on the one Charged at if not dead.

EmmaNigma

Dropped in a hole with only a rock for company, Hogarth is furious. Such humiliation she has never received! Everyone else had the sense of dying with some sense of honor.. Even the elemental, which is an impossible wizard, fought more courageously as these... ingrates. She makes a mental note in her oath book, her mind-oath book being the same size as a square of toilet paper. Some of Elia's blood comes splashing down the hole and hits Hogarth in the face. She reaches her limit, achieving MAXIMUM RAGE POTENTIAL and goes into a Berserker Rage. She shoots up the hole as fast as she can, sweeping her axe at Hobgoblin 2's legs in case he tries to attack as she climbs up. She faces the cowering Hobgoblin, his command as stripped from him as his feet are from his legs. "BERSERKER BARRAGE" she pushes out through gritted teeth in a low, gutteral voice. She brings her axe down and turns to face the other creatures.

Action 1: Activate Rage.
Action 2: Climb out of hole onto K6.
Action 3: Sweep axe at Hobgoblin 2 as I ascend the hole.
Action 4: Attack Hobgoblin 2 further.

If about to be attacked as ascending hole, throw a throwing axe at the goblin about to be attack and drop Action 4.