• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Re: ALL THE THINGS (ATT: A D&D RPG) - Let's get ready to rumble!

Started by Celdia, November 01, 2011, 06:21:40 am

EmmaNigma

Irate, Hogarth drops her axe's head upon the ground, leaning a little on the hilt. "What would you have us do? We come here to be hurt by goblins, then leave? You may, but I will press on." Hogarth turns her back on the small fey, feeling a bit hurt that someone she considers friend would just quit at a sign of danger.
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

st4rw4k3r

"I don't think they will hear us out, seeing as we have crossed their territory, and killed them. Theres no doubt that they will try to kill us."

NinjaWeazel

Xun clears his throat softly.  "If I am understanding, we come here for job, yes?  Job needs us go in cave.  To leave without finish job, is great shame.  Make us seem... Make us not get many more job in future, nobody hire because we not finish job.  Also, goblin very dangerous.  Could hurt many innocent people if we not go into cave and put stop to.  Is right thing to do."

Ryqoshay

The flame fairy purses her lips. "I di'n' say we don' do the job we been hired ta do." She says hotly. "I jus' wanna know we're in the righ' place. An' we weren't 'ired ta rid the world a' goblins jus' 'cause they could 'urt people. I di'n' 'ear nothing 'bout goblins raidin' the area while we're back in town, did you?" Her hands never leave her hips an she continues to argue.
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

EmmaNigma

Hogarth heaves her axe hilt on to her shoulders, and wordlessly storms off into the cave, torch in the other hand. "Never argue with non-barbarians, she thinks to herself. "You'll always be right, and go rage blind proving it. Don't want that to happen to THIS group."
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn sighs, seeing the Barbarian charge off, and begins hauling cart and rhino into the cave, not wanting Friend Hogarth to fight alone since he could tell how well that'd go from the wounds he mended for her earlier.

Kalas

"Off to the cave everybody! Let's go," She commanded, motioning her hand lazily to the cave, "It's going to be all right."

Celdia

Adventure Pane Start

Welcome to the Adventure Pane! This is going to be an odd one with some weird rules so bear with me. This will function much like an extended Battle Pane, but it also counts as a Scene. I will be doing very little in the way of narratives with each post unless it is a combat Turn. Here are a few important details for the Adventure Pane.
- I expect a lot of turns to be "We move to XY and see what's there" so as long as there are no hostile units present, turns will be 24 hours apiece to keep things flowing. Combat Turns will still be at least 48 hours.
- To put a limit on Xun's healing, Actions count as being in battle for activating your abilities whenever there is a hostile unit on the board or until the end of the Turn following all hostile units leaving the board. This should give you the option to use at least one or two heals before it stops being a Combat Turn. Please don't try to abuse this. I've already thought of ways to do so. I ask that you don't.
- Nathalie's trapfinding will be an automatic check done whenever she gets within ten feet of a trap. If she detects one, the default action unless you all decide something different will be for her to say something and for everyone to stop where they are so as not to set it off. I'm not here to screw you all with traps but they are going to be cropping up from time to time. Be prepared. Also note there is always a chance that a trap can go unnoticed until its too late. If there wasn't, it wouldn't be a very good trap. If you fail to spot one, just keep in mind that the dice can still screw you on this. (For the record, this was in effect last Pane. You just never got close enough.)

If you can think of anything else I should be taking note of or keeping track of for the Adventure Pane, I'm all ears. I want this to flow smoothly but not at the expense of what few game mechanics we've developed going right out the window.

Objective: Locate the magical objects.
Weather: None.
Terrain: Cave interior. Stone floors, low ceilings.

Terrain Notes: Walls, floors and ceilings are all solid stone. I don't care how thin it may look in some places on the map, you can't bust through them without a lot of work. Even then there would be the chance of a cave in. The ceiling is rarely more than ten feet high in these corridors. You may get more veritcal space in larger chambers.

Lightning Notes: Rhyhorn, Elia, Nathalie and Xun can only see clearly in the brightest circle of light. Yvonne and Hogarth have low-light vision and can see normally to the edges of the grayed out area. Anything in the darkest area can't be seen by anyone in the party. There are penalties for attacking in the dark.

Knowledge Check: Goblins have Darkvision! This means that they can see through that darkest area on the map so beware attacks from the shadows!

Posting for this Turn ends in about 24 hours, (Tuesday, Dec. 6th, 6am EST) or whenever everyone has posted, of course.

Rhyhorn
~Stats~
HP: 41/45
Defense: 19
Movement: 4
Endurance: 8
Reflex Speed: 1
Magic Defense: 2
Melee Skill: 16
Magic Skill: 0

Elia
~Stats~
HP: 21/21
Defense: 17
Movement: 6
Endurance: 5
Reflex Speed: 5
Magic Resistance: 9
Melee Skill: 14
Ranged Skill: 16
Magic Skill: 6

Hogarth
~Stats~
HP: 41/47
Defense: 16
Movement: 8
Endurance: 6
Reflex Speed: 4
Magic Resistance: 2
Melee Skill: 28
Ranged Skill: 20
Magic Skill: -100

Xun
~Stats~
HP: 23/23
Defense: 20
Endurance: 1
Magic Resistance: 6

Yvonne
~Stats~
HP: 8/9
Defense: 18
Movement: 6 Flying (1 Walking)
Reflex Speed: 6
Magic Resistance: 4
Melee Skill: 8
Ranged Skill: 32
Magic Skill: 7

Nathalie
~Stats~
HP: 18/18
Magic Resistance: 1
Melee Skill: 4
Ranged Skill: 18
Magic Skill: 1 (Items Only)
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

RavenOfRazgriz

(Noting for the sake of the DM and anyone who missed it or forgot - I gave every single one of you lot [besides Yvonne, y u so tiny zippobell?] one of my Everburning Torches, since it means we won't have a repeat of the last battle where I moved away and everyone else got ruined till Yvonne got set up.  Just remember to find some place on your belt or your clothes or something to stick it in so your hands won't be taken up during a fight.  And remember - you lot lose 'em, you buy 'em.  Those fucks are expensive.  Let's try not to step on each other in these tight quarters.  I do recommend the squishies at the very least staying behind me because I'm the T-800 Rhino to your Goblin Menace.)

Free Action) Motion for Nathalie to get the fuck back in the cart so I don't go falling down any giant ass holes.

Action 1) Slowly walk along the cave path and around the corner, continuing to follow it with eyes peeled for a fork in the cave, a room, or anything else (loot, corpse, enemy, otherwise), stopping when I find such an item.  If enemies are spotted, stop movement either when adjacent to an enemy or when continuing to move forward would allow for an enemy to flank me and get behind the cart.  Alternatively, stop should Nathalie detect a trap.

Action 2:4-A) Readied Action to Greatsword the fuck out of a hostile that comes within my melee range.  

Action 2:4-B) If my movement Action is stopped by Nathalie detecting a Trap, find a means to continue around the trap and continue following the criteria of Action 1, if possible.  If not possible, wait in place, returning to Action 2:4-A as appropriate, in hopes that an ally will allow me to bridge the trap somehow.

Ryqoshay

RETCON:
   Yvonne huffed again as Hogarth stormed off. "Kyaaa!" she squeaked, thrown off balance when Rhyhorn started pulling the cart of ALL THE THINGS again. She regained her balance as Nathalie spoke. "Alright?" she snapped, glaring up at Nathalie. "'An jus' 'ow do ya figure that?!" Upon receiving no immediate response, the tiny fey sorceress sighed as her shoulders slumped. "Fine..." She pulled Xavier's wand out to activate it. After a moment, she cursed quietly in Draconic and scowled loathingly at the cave entrance. "They really are down there..." she grumbled. "Bu' tha' still doe'n' take care a' the problem with more goblins c'm'in in behind us an' trappin' us..." She resigned herself to her fate as the others pressed on into the cave. Upon reaching the entrance, however, she floated up and away from the cart, pulling a scroll from its case as she rose. She quietly read aloud the arcane scrawlings on the parchment. As each word was read, it flared up before fading, leaving a blank sheet as the spell resolved. The fire pixie rolled the scroll up and shoved it back in its case before glancing back to see how far the others had progressed, which to anyone of 'normal size' would believe to be not that far, but... For a moment she considered staying outside, but as soon as the thought crossed her mind, her dancing lights spell flickered and faded. "!" she uttered a quite cry of alarm. A second later, the owl in the distance hooted again. "!!!" she let out before turning. "Hey! Wait up!" she called, careful not to be so loud as to announce her presence to those who were most certainly hiding within.

CURRENT:
   Yvonne's eyes dart back and forth across the woefully low ceiling as she seeks sizable stalactites that various critters could hide behind. (1) Having returned the loaned wand to its place, she reaches back and feels by texture for the one with the charges of Magic Missile. (2) She utters a simple, arcane phrase, causing light to spring forth from its tip. (3, 4) She looks up and realizes that she is once again falling behind Rhyhorn's persistently plodding pace, so she hurries to catch up again.

Actions
1: Draw Magic Missile wand
2: Cast Light on Magic Missile wand
3, 4: Move to keep pace with square just behind and above cart of ALL THE THINGS. Stop if Rhyhorn stops.

EmmaNigma

Hogarth takes the torch and places it in the strap her back for her axe, making the torch rise above her head like some kind of female, barbarian Yoshimitsu. She utilizes her natural predisposition to head north and after that, west. She doesn't like this cave. It's dark and suspicious, like the practicers of the dark magicks. Hogarth can smell a trap laden cave from a mile away. The berserker thanks the Goddess of Luck, Nibroth, that she's been able to easily escape from many of the hazards she has tripped in her time adventuring, and the God of Allergies, N's'n'x for allowing her to smell the trap laden cave a mile away.

"I say we stick together, friends. We have murdered a fire elemental together, and so too shall we murder this cave!" Hogarth says a bit too loudly. Upon hearing her echoes, she reminds herself to keep her voice down. She keeps pace with Rhyhorn and ALL THE THINGS. Hogarth maybe stupid, but she's no fool. Being surrounded by a horde of goblins alone will be more than she can handle. She holds her axe in both hands, eager to rend asunder some goblins.

Action 1:Move North. If an intersection is found, head Northwest or west.
Action 2-4:Hold action for attacking enemies. If no enemies encountered, keep traveling in a North-Westerly direction.

st4rw4k3r

Elia places a hand on Hogarth. "May faith protect." 1). She then places her hand on herself. "Resist!" 2). After her protections are cast, Elia follows carefully behind Hogarth, ready to heal her if anything goes wrong. 3-4)

1) Cast Shield of Faith on Hogarth
2) Cast Resistance on Elia
3-4) Follow Hogarth, heal when needed.

Celdia

Turn 1 Resolution

I will be placing non-posting players under 'AI Control' for the Adventure Pane if posts aren't managed in the time constraints if only because I've designed this place with all six of you being active in mind. I don't want the others doomed because someone couldn't post in time for whatever reason. Players under AI Control will fight more defensively than not.

As the party cautiously makes their way into the cave, they turn the corner and find themselves face to face with a small group of goblins apparently tasked with guarding the entrance. They are grouped beyond what appears to be a pool of cloudy water - its depth uncertain - and one of them appears to be using a large stone as cover. Amongst them are many small stacks of crude javelins on the stone floor, at hand for throwing.

Terrain Notes: Walls, floors and ceilings are all solid stone. I don't care how thin it may look in some places on the map, you can't bust through them without a lot of work. Even then there would be the chance of a cave in. The ceiling is rarely more than ten feet high in these corridors. You may get more veritcal space in larger chambers.

Lightning Notes: Rhyhorn, Elia, Nathalie and Xun can only see clearly in the brightest circle of light. Yvonne and Hogarth have low-light vision and can see normally to the edges of the grayed out area. Anything in the darkest area can't be seen by anyone in the party. There are penalties for attacking in the dark.

Knowledge Check: Goblins have Darkvision! This means that they can see through that darkest area on the map so beware attacks from the shadows!

Posting for this Turn ends in about 48 hours, (Thursday, Dec. 8th, 6am EST) or whenever everyone has posted, of course.

Rhyhorn
~Stats~
HP: 41/45

Elia
~Stats~
HP: 21/21
Defense: 17
Endurance: 5
Magic Resistance: 9
Melee Skill: 14
Ranged Skill: 16
Magic Skill: 6
Effect: Resistance (+1 on next E/RS/MR)

Hogarth
~Stats~
HP: 41/47
Movement: 8
Endurance: 6
Reflex Speed: 4
Magic Resistance: 2
Magic Skill: -100
Effect: Shield of Faith (+2 Defense)

Xun
~Stats~
HP: 23/23
Defense: 20
Magic Resistance: 6

Yvonne
~Stats~
HP: 8/9
Defense: 18
Movement: 6 Flying (1 Walking)
Reflex Speed: 6
Magic Resistance: 4
Melee Skill: 8
Ranged Skill: 32
Magic Skill: 7

Nathalie
~Stats~
HP: 18/18
Magic Resistance: 1
Melee Skill: 4
Ranged Skill: 18
Magic Skill: 1 (Items Only)

~Powers Expended This Turn~
Yvonne: Light
Elia: Resistance, Shield of Faith
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn sees the readied Goblins as he rounds the corner, growling under his breath.  He slips from his harnesses before running at and up the cave walls to avoid the water and charge one of the Goblins. He runs it down with his Greatsword, holding his ground and readying himself if any Goblins attempt to come in close.

Action 1) Move to P13, so that ALL THE THINGS and Nathalie rest on a nice sniping position at my previous square of Q13.
Action 2 and Action 3) Charge along the walls (P12-O12-N13-M12) at Goblin 20 and give him a good ol' fashioned Greatswording.  
Action 4) If a Goblin enters my threat range, with Greatsword.

Ryqoshay

(1) Yvonne follows Rhyhorn's cart of ALL THE THINGS, her gaze flitting back and forth between it and the ceiling as she wishes for the winding corridor to offer more space between top and bottom. Suddenly, the stone rhino pauses to detach himself from his cart and she looks ahead to see why. Her eyes immediately hone in on the javelins and she instinctually flies up. After a few short inches, she slams hard into the stone that she had momentarily forgotten was there. The pain is nothing compared to when she was struck by one of those accursed spears earlier, so she merely curses bitterly in Ignan and ignores it. She focuses instead on skittering across the damnable rock to take refuge in a corner she believes will offer at least partial cover while still allowing her to strike at those who dare approach. (2, 3, 4) Her free hand ignites as the fires within her burn like the plane of her birth.

Actions
1: Move to Q13, then to O12
2, 3, 4: Hold action. Cast Elemental Strike on a Goblin that attempts to attack with a javelin, or closes, stops in melee range and appears to be focused on her.

EmmaNigma

Laughing at the sight of a rhino made of stone RUNNING ALONG A WALL, Hogarth decides to go around the pool of water to engage Goblins 19 and 18. She brings her axe around, attacking the goblins until they are nothing but goo at her feet.

Action 1: Go to N14 and along the south path to engage goblins.
Action 2-4: Engage goblins.

NinjaWeazel

Xun shrugs out of his backpack, leaving it and his cookpot beside the cart before advancing forward.  Seeing his allies engaging the goblins in the only convenient areas to stand in, he hangs back in a defensive posture to see what unfolds.

1) move to O13
2-4) deflect any incoming attacks.

Kalas

Nathalie is upset with the terrible terrain of the cave, but nonetheless tries to make it work.

1) Jump to the top of Rhyhorn's cart.
2-4) Hold action; shoot at approaching goblins if in range and no allies are within the crossfire.

st4rw4k3r

Elia's eyes widen at the sight of the Rhyhorn scaling and moving across the wall as if it were the ground she walks on. Whispering under her breath "Quite unexpected for the mass on that one..." Deciding Rhyhorn was fine with Natalie and Yvonne helping him, she follows behind Hogarth 1).

1) Move to O14
2-3) If Hogarth, or any nearby party members need HP, move to them and heal them.
If Damage taken =/> 5 Use Cure Minor Wounds
If Damage taken  < 5 Use Cure Light Wounds

Celdia

Turn 2 Resolution

The goblins loose a volley of javelins at the party as they begin to close in and make their way around the aquatic obstruction. A pair strike Rhyhorn, one of them chipping a small piece of his hide away while the other falls ineffectually into the water. Another finds its mark striking Elia lightly but not impeding her terribly. Xun takes up a defensive position at the water's edge as Nathalie steadies herself atop the cart of ALL THE THINGS, after Rhyhorn has disengaged himself from the push-harness. Yvonne takes up a covered position near the cave wall and waits for an opening to strike with her magical fire.
         In a display of extraordinary skill that gives logic and physics the finger, Rhyhorn begins to run up and along the walls of the cave, heavy sword hanging from his mouth as he bears down on the group of goblins beyond the water. In a moment of panicked terror, they throw move javelins at him but none even come close to hitting their mark. One of the beasts does have enough sense to draw out his morningstar to greet the rockbeast, but it proves completely useless as Rhyhorn drops off the wall and brings the greatsword down and through the goblin's crude weapon, arm and torso, killing it instantly. The others nearby step back seeing this and hesitantly draw their own weapons, foregoing the javelins for the time being.
         To the other side of the tiny pond, Hogarth closes with a goblin as it tries to bring its own spiky weapon up in defense of itself. From far behind it a javelin arcs above and strikes Hogarth soundly, but the barbarian is unphased and continues forward with her axe. She finds her footing on the narrow and water-slick stones and puts her weight behind her axe, attacking the foremost goblin and taking his head off in one swing. The decapitated corpse makes a pitiful splash as it falls into the water. Elia follows close behind Hogarth, trying to stay close enough to heal her wounds, but the elf - emboldened with her kill looks forward to another victim. As she is about to close the distance though, a glowing bead of light strikes the second goblin on the ledge, exploding with a small fireburst on contact and incinerating the face and upper body of the javelin-toting combatant. Yvonne, only barely visible in her hiding place looks ready to fling another ball of flame but without a target in sight she holds back, staying oddly silent.
         Elia reaches out and mends the wounds on Hogarth's body with a gentle touch and the barbarian presses onward with the healer hot on her heels. Nathalie on the other hand is finding difficulty hitting her mark, each bolt she fires shattering uselessly on the large stone a distant goblin is using for cover. She would fire on others but decides not to as it might be too risky to chance hitting an ally. That same stone causes Hogarth some small difficulty in advancing, halting her at the edge of the water on the far side. It is obvious that climbing over the rock would leave her open to attack from the goblins beyond it.

Posting for this Turn ends in about 48 hours, (Friday, Dec. 9th, 2am EST) or whenever everyone has posted, of course.

Rhyhorn
~Stats~
HP: 40/45

Elia
~Stats~