• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:36:30 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Notepad++ Event Syntax Highlighting

Started by Xifanie, November 20, 2016, 07:53:28 pm

Xifanie

How to add it:

• Download the attached file

• In Notepad++, Select Language/Define your language...

• Then click the Import button near the top left and choose FFT_Events_UDL.xml

How to use it:

• Select Language then FFT Events at the very bottom

How to make it auto-load with defined file types:

• In Language/Define your language... there is an Ext. box. You can just type the extension there. I already added evt, so ideally you should name your event files *.evt

• You could always set it to .txt, but I don't recommend it unless you plan to use notepad++ exclusively for FFT events

Warning: If you only ever use event.txt and want to use event.evt instead, you'll have to edit your event compiler's CONFIG.INI accordingly.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

3lric

This is awesome and will definitely be a world of change for me when it comes to quickly jumping between parts of an event :D

You rock Xiffie

bdon713

are u converting the evtchr.bin file to an .xml to get all that ? when i loaded in your file to notepad++ it didnt give me hundreds of lines with the convo text to edit ??
any help appreciated, TY !

3lric

no, EVTCHR is for EVTCHR...

This is for events (which are in TEST.EVT)

bdon713

bdon713

Quote from: Elric on December 20, 2016, 10:18:47 pm
no, EVTCHR is for EVTCHR...

This is for events (which are in TEST.EVT)

so... sorry i know i sound dumb. but , the test.evt you import into notepad++ to edit for CDmage import ? or

i have had success so far in shishi, graphics gale, fftevgrp, cdmage, fftactext, fftorgasm, and fftpatcher (obv)
but editing the convo in this game has been p.i.t.a.

ty!

bdon713