• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Celdia

I...who...how...
...what the fuck am I watching?  :shock: What just happened? Why does my ass hurt so bad all of a sudden?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Otabo

Agh, any map but END! Anyway, I knew it was over from the start since his entire team had float, negating much of my team's DPS. Nothing much they could do. Perfect example of why earth is one of the bad elements to use.

Zareb

Quote from: Barren on June 24, 2012, 04:46:51 pm
I'm back with Arena Exhibition Videos!

FFT Arena 1.37b Zareb (IRPO) vs Fantactic1316 (The Black Mages)

I've mutated IRPO quite a bit, and I have to say that the build in this video was probably one of the better versions.  During the past two days, I've kind-of ruined my team, so it's nice to have this to fall back on.  Good game to you, Fantactic!
Now your blood travels through the veins of our history
It bursts forth in boiling black clouds from the wrists of kings

Reks

I love my priest even more now. GG SSM!

Good thing only one unit got Charmed. Wouldn't have hurt me THAT badly, but you never know. GG Dol!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Fanatic

Not even a fight. GG as always! Thank you for the video, Otabo!

Fun battle. Status effects are so random

Status effects are just so random. I love it. If I get lucky enough, I can win battles :). Good fight, and thank you for the video Barren!
Final Fantasy Tactics Football Fracas [FFTFF] Link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/57703092

TrueLight

Dia sucks. Two hands plus Slasher equals death. Overall, my team couldn't stay up and Angelus dominated the match. GG Angelus.
  • Modding version: PSX

Vigilanti

heh last map being END, but my team could really use some better tweaks.

definitely i should have put in some harder hitting units

SoySauceMaster

thx 4 vids
The only reason I won that, was because I had the speed advantage. That Lancer was hella annoying, though. GG Vigilanti
Well, that was fun. If my team was just a tad bit faster, things might have turned out differently. Oh, well. GG Reks

Fantactic1316

Yeah, my team didn't really work out very well in this one. With Zareb resisting/absorbing the Ice and Koutetsu damage, plus Bizen Boat, I never had a chance. Good game though.
"D'you know in 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important before."
-The Doctor-

DomieV

as good as my team did in round 1, i got slaughtered later, gotta make some changes if i wanna do better next season. GG Reks, your thunder team is amazing!

Reks

I know i've asked for matches a lot, but since i'm leaving and will be gone for two months starting Monday, anyone mind doing a few matches with Severe Weather Alert? A gauntlet would be nice, but with the short amount of time I have before I leave, that doesn't sound reasonable to whoever records...

Fantactic1316

I could put together some non-commentary videos of a gauntlet against all of my teams if you'd like.
"D'you know in 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important before."
-The Doctor-

Reks

Sure, thanks! I sure will miss FFH while i'm gone, though.

Fantactic1316

Cool. You should get a decent variety of matches out of me. I'll try to have something up later tonight or mid-day-ish tomorrow.
-The Doctor-

Reks

Barren

Thanks for helping out Fantactic, it can be frustrating handling matches by yourself. I've been doing it for over a year and its nice to have more than 1 person to contribute
You dare cross blades with me?

Fantactic1316

After all that thanking, I feel a little bad to say I don't think I'll be able to do the matches after all.

Evidently I got just a little too eager to help out without preparing first. I've done videos from SNES and Sega emulators, but this is the first time I tried to do a video with ePSXe. I assumed that the PSX would demand a bit more RAM, but I've actually gotten a better computer since back when I did my old Sega videos, so I didn't anticipate quite the level of slow-down that I'm getting if I run CamStudio and ePSXe at the same time. In addition my new (and supposedly "better") computer doesn't have the stereo mix recording option, forcing me to do an awkward work-around with a stereo cable. And CamStudio started throwing me some weird audio errors when the video got too long.

So, unless someone has some tips for making CamStudio (or an alternative screen recorder) play nicely with ePSXe (or an alternative emulator), I regret to say I won't be able to record matches after all.
-The Doctor-

Otabo

Quote from: Fantactic1316 on June 27, 2012, 12:13:12 am
After all that thanking, I feel a little bad to say I don't think I'll be able to do the matches after all.

Evidently I got just a little too eager to help out without preparing first. I've done videos from SNES and Sega emulators, but this is the first time I tried to do a video with ePSXe. I assumed that the PSX would demand a bit more RAM, but I've actually gotten a better computer since back when I did my old Sega videos, so I didn't anticipate quite the level of slow-down that I'm getting if I run CamStudio and ePSXe at the same time. In addition my new (and supposedly "better") computer doesn't have the stereo mix recording option, forcing me to do an awkward work-around with a stereo cable. And CamStudio started throwing me some weird audio errors when the video got too long.

So, unless someone has some tips for making CamStudio (or an alternative screen recorder) play nicely with ePSXe (or an alternative emulator), I regret to say I won't be able to record matches after all.

My new comp is the same way - no stereo mix option. CamStudio is always going to error in that case, so what I did was switch over to Camtasia Studio. Recommend either 6.0 or 8.0, as the 7, series tends to crash at certain times. Either that, or you could try Fraps.