• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:28:33 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Battle Graphics

Started by Pixy, September 30, 2007, 09:05:46 am

Julian

October 18, 2007, 11:02:33 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Julian
Quote from: "Pixy"http://dotchan.com/fft/effects.html

Some time ago, this guy (don't remember his name) decided to rip all the skill and battle effects. It isn't really limited to just that, though. Multiple event effects, such as Lucavi transformations, are there as well. I knew I was interested, and someone else might be, as well.

Credit to...whoever ripped these. Not me.

What really interested me on that page were the maps.  I really like those map rips, and would like to have more of them because that page only has so few of all the maps.

Does anyone know how they went about in ripping those maps?  I wouldn't mind ripping myself if I knew what files had them, and how to convert them.  I've tried a lot of googling, and haven't found anything.  (Just one other site that had some rather bad quality maps)

If anyone knows anything I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks.

Argg0

November 01, 2007, 01:00:27 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Argg0
I remember when there was a AI Championship on fft gfaqs forum, one guy created a page for it.

He had all maps there, no idea how... sadly, I don't remember his name.

Zozma

January 20, 2008, 12:14:16 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
so question,

if i want to assign the red revive gfx, from when malak was revived,
to the spell raise 2. what do i do?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Xifanie

January 20, 2008, 11:25:04 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Go to 0x14F3F2 with your hex editor.

Check the site: auritech.eu / Data / Effects
Quote from: "auritech.eu"006 Raise 2
1C3 Scorpio's Revive spell (Rafa revives Malak)

Find the Raise 2 Effect Link: 0x0600 (0x14F3FC)
Change it to the given Effect: 0xC301

If you don't get it, it's simple. Those are stored as words.
Words are made up of two bytes.
Basically take 1C3 and Convert it to 2 bytes: 01 C3
Swap The bytes: C3 01

Save & Import.

Voilà

I don't know if melonhead will include it in the next version of FFTPatcher... probably.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Zozma

January 20, 2008, 01:01:26 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
thanks! ill give that a try if it works then ill probably take some crappy skill and put that effect in place. and then give the cleric/princess job a 100% success raise 2 spell. those stone shining gfx look so good and to only be seen once per game...

Zozma

February 05, 2008, 10:05:39 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
So i created a new spell for the holy magic skillset, the blank skill just below "meteor", using the scorpio revive gfx. it looks great of course despite the fact that if there is a wall in the way it wont rotate the screen auto to show the gfx. anyway there is something else...

it does everything its supposed to but it doesnt show the number of hp healed, if it misses it doesn't show that "missed" or "guarded" either.. hmm...

Cheetah

February 05, 2008, 10:10:25 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Sounds pretty sweet, and those seem like pretty minor issues that likely have an easy fix. How certain are you that you are actually using an unused animation? Do you have the capability to show put up some vids of this stuff?
Current Projects:

Xifanie

February 05, 2008, 10:49:38 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Not an easy fix... the key to fix those is within the effect file itself.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Cheetah

February 05, 2008, 11:37:25 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Well at least the code for these two things exists in other spells. Implementing it might not be super easy, but at least it is possible. I don't do any coding myself so my idea of "easy" is rather uneducated and vague.
Current Projects:

Zozma

February 06, 2008, 08:45:04 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
sigh i seem to have forgotten how to record stuff with epsx lol.... oh well

anyway another thing im wondering is if its any easier to change the pre casting animation of a skill/spell. u know what i mean? weather they slash their sword first, or the magic energy collects over their heads, or dance or sing, etc...

Xifanie

February 06, 2008, 09:17:27 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
It's all within the effect file too...

Zozma

February 06, 2008, 09:28:34 pm #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
ahh okay heres a recording of my spell. I even managed to add the name Revive to the empty space by shortening the name of the nearby spell "Spell Absorb" to "Osmose"

see it faces a specific direction when cast and it will NOT turn the screen if there had been a wall there u wouldnt be able to see it. still it looks awesome, cant say no to keeping the effect there.

also about those pre cast animations being contained in the effects too im not too sure... i can assign this same effect to one of the blank skills beneath the parasite skill and instead of showing the magic energy collect, they just look like their charging like an archer, and then raise their hands thats it.

http://i140.photobucket.com/player.swf? ... evive2.flv

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

February 06, 2008, 10:36:28 pm #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
Sweet, good job, Zozma!

Cheetah

February 07, 2008, 02:27:46 am #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
These are awesome. I really like the animation for the Revive, looks great.
Current Projects:

VincentCraven

February 07, 2008, 07:49:06 am #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Now the question is, how do we fix the lack of numbers and timing of the 'get up' animation?
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Zozma

February 07, 2008, 08:10:43 pm #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
yeah the special graphics you only see once per game are also the coolest ones :D. i think if you were able to see the numbers when healed the timing of the character getting back up wouldn't seem off.

i think its great how easy this all has been made for us now. the hardest part was opening a hex editor and shortening "Spell Absorb" into "Osmose" so that "Revive" would fit in the blank spot. and that was easy too, just takes time.

By the way, i was trying to make Mustadeo's "snipe" skills look cooler... so i took veleus petrify skill "Seal" wich looks like a red ring closing in on the character. i think it is perfect. its simple yet more flashy than just a normal gunshot... only problem is when he does it its as if the game trys to apply the  effect of the skill twice i tried to leg aim a character and they dodged twice and it said missed twice... so weird... i don't understand.

some more information: i notice that in the psp version the black and blue small bomb skills have been taken out (i saw the blue bomb use the red version of small bomb) for the psx version if you do the same, you can easily create new sword skills with the sword slash animation and all.
blue and black small bomb skills located near the ja magics skills.

LastingDawn

April 05, 2008, 05:20:01 am #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm... I was going through the sprites again, and I think there's a beta Teta sprite model that's been missed (as far as I'm aware...) that her last 3 sprites, are of a Teta in a gown or robe. I suppose it shows they wanted to expand upon her, but she kind of dies...

"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zozma

April 05, 2008, 06:33:56 am #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
actually my guess is that the ones down there are what she origionally looked like.. if you really look at her portrait.. it looks like it might match that one more closely. they probably decided to improve the sprite or perhaps its because that one makes her look more like a little girl when shes really alma's age... either way there are no more occurances of that old image. too bad they didnt just completely finish the one you see in game i like her... but i took care of that anyway ;)

LastingDawn

April 05, 2008, 06:38:46 am #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Oh? I had heard her sprite couldn't be added onto? How did you fix her up?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zozma

April 05, 2008, 06:44:07 am #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
you cant use her true file its too small.
the best thing to do is use a character who has a duplicate sprite like alma
celia or lede and create her job from that. i have posted the nearly complete version of teta sprite for download too. im testing two more frames and ill add the complete complete version soon.

i think there are two different kinds of human sprites, and one of them seems to be for petite characters like alma, teta, celia, lede, dancers etc.... arms allign differently depending on the sprite file.