• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:08:40 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Dinosaur's Animations - On Hold.

Started by dinosaur, April 13, 2011, 12:55:54 am

Celdia

No you're not. You're just a good student. Also, you're taking requests which is more than can be said for me with these animations.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Mando

Yes Dino, You are very good at this ^^ some animation could be scaled down a bit (like the ones with bubbles) for a better resolution display during the animation. However its much better than what I have put forth. I'll be uploading my folder of color edits soon that has a even some I've collected from other people that look good. So far it has 24 or so in it.
I'll start taking requests myself soon.

I need to do more testing on key things like:
Effects of inserting a smaller effect.bin in a .bin that is MUCH larger. I know if its similar size it will work fine, but in a much larger file will there be a delay? I would assume no because the file would just be filled with 0s but who knows?

Also have you or celdia messed with more of the effect files that are completely gray? I noticed that night sword you cannot avoid the red from still coming up (due to hard code) I noticed a similar issue when editing wave around. Any of you tested things like triple thunder, thunder 2-4?

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

dinosaur

May 04, 2011, 11:45:50 pm #42 Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 01:31:51 am by dinosaur
Quote from: Mando on April 25, 2011, 02:41:26 am
Actually I do have a request.

Make Space Storage (rafa's) use the palette from Diamond Sword.

Make Diamond Sword have a blue/green palette.... or anything that would be ICE blue looking colors.(maybe the colors from hydragon pit may work?)

FAIL

E181_2

E181_3

Sorry Mando, I been going bit by bit and I cannot find the code with the purple. I cannot eliminate that.

Mando

You know dino... that works for me. When using the space storage back I ended up with a much larger amount of purple and black.

There is enough green where I'd say it'd pass off as a wind based move still!

I appreciate all you have done for me dino :) and celdia.

Mando

I will try and get the diamondsword to work, since I am fairly sure your busy on your own projects right now ^^

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Hey, how are animations stored?  Could you import/export animations from other games?  How about an animation editor?

Mando

Animations are stored in a .bin ... outside that the first part is usually a palette the second part is the code for the effect... other than this I do not know... it would take some experimentation to see if you can get effects from other games...

OR if you studied an effect file you could probably determine how its using the graphical portion and change it accordingly to get your desired effect.

dinosaur

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on May 05, 2011, 04:21:27 pm
Hey, how are animations stored?  Could you import/export animations from other games?  How about an animation editor?

Yes- you could use other animations using the TIMUTIL editor but it only works on 32-bit OS.

dinosaur

May 07, 2011, 09:54:51 pm #49 Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 11:38:06 pm by dinosaur
E068

E235_1

E235_2

GeneralStrife

Celdia

I love Titan Twister and Blizzard Galaxy, especially knowing exactly what you did to get those effects ^_^  Great application of less is more.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Pierce

Personally I think blizzard galaxy needs a little bit more ice in it's animation. As it is, it looks just like galaxy stop but with a bit of blue. Everything's looking really good so far!
Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda

dinosaur

Quote from: Pierce on May 08, 2011, 12:21:50 pm
Personally I think blizzard galaxy needs a little bit more ice in it's animation. As it is, it looks just like galaxy stop but with a bit of blue. Everything's looking really good so far!

I work on it now.

dinosaur

May 08, 2011, 11:48:57 pm #55 Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 01:22:52 am by dinosaur
Pierce... you wanted more ice ....

I gave you more ice!!

E176

(ps- thanks Pierce! Your advice to add more ice gave me the idea)

Kokojo

I would like those , but take your time and feel free to refuse  :P:

Muramasa with more blue-ish black-ish tones (no red!)
Shiva with no Shiva sprite, but maybe something to replace it?
A whiter Shadow sticth
A red demi

Thanks <3
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

RandMuadDib

if you're taking requests, as you seem to be, can i get a blue tinged lightning stab without the lightning bolt?
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Pierce

Quote from: dinosaur on May 08, 2011, 11:48:57 pm
Pierce... you wanted more ice ....

I gave you more ice!!

I like this newer version of it, it makes it look like an actual ice attack. You do a very good job at this event editing business.
If I think of any interesting ideas of what I want to see, I'll let you know.
Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda

Fenrir90

Hello dinosaur, I'm liking all these new animation.

I have but one request, I wonder if you could remove Leviathan from E073.BIN. That is all.