• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:10:38 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arbalist Job Thread (Rad/Ramza Skillset Update!)

Started by Archael, November 20, 2008, 09:02:13 am

Archael

Quotehmm.. playing around with FFTPatcher makes me think this class (at least a faithful implementation) simply isn't doable outside of Mercenaries. As long as there is Two Swords, other classes will be able to dual wield Crossbows as well.. which might make this class far less desirable to play with. Then there's other problems when Arbalist is used as a secondary. Their skills that are really meant for ranged weapons, but all of a sudden can become useable with weapons like Spears, etc, making some of their skills possibly slightly overpowering. Duo Wielding Crossbows will also mean they will be able to duo shot anything with a Ranged Weapon flag ticked. This means that if they have access to the Archer skillset, for example, they would be able to duo shot those skills at will. I am curious if LastingDawn might have similar problems with a faithful implementation of this class

Arbalist is a job meant for Mercenaries, not other patches. It is balanced within Mercenaries.

Their skills ARE useable with weapons like spears, etc but are nowhere near as powerful as on the actual arbalist, and were balanced with that in mind

Your concerns are invalid

R999

@Voldemort,

I realize that very quickly after playing with the skillset in FFTPatcher (as I have stated above, literally). As for Mercenaries itself, just saying that I would imagine it going to be difficult to give the right balance. I suppose things like, for example, Double Shotting all of the Archer's skills (assuming they not using the Charge skillset), would have to be balanced out somehow. What I am interested in is LastingDawn(or, anyone really)'s approach to such problems, which I find difficult to adjust. Anyway, it's not my concern.

LastingDawn

Resurrection!

I won't stretch this one. It was hard enough to come up with the ones we have... so anywhere from 5-6 more would be good enough for me! Just recall to keep the theme as appropriate.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Gotwald

Maybe some kind of close quarters move?

Point blank shot - Range 1, Vertical 2, and you use one crossbow to attack at point blank but at greater damage. (if it is possible to do so)
-- Attention Citizens, this is the Computer. 2 + 2 now equals 3.9999238849009985. Please recalibrate your equipment.

My youtube Channel
My 1.3 Playthough (Complete)
My Final fantasy I Blind playthrough

LastingDawn

Problem is that the damage would need to be Immense to have it be worth it... which could be done, if we used PA*WP + Y formula. Though I think for that it should cost a lot of MP and be on the same vertical only. Thanks for the idea Gotwald!

Art of War

scatttman

ok i have some idea for arbalist (i dont rlly know how to describe so i hope u get the idea )

autocrosbown - like edgar in ff6 well something like this rank 3 straight, 5 panels efect 5 random hits.

headshot - rank 4, no damage, lower % to inflict death.

aim eyes - rank 3, lower damage inflicts darkness.

warning shot - rank 5, reduces target's brave.

shot to the sky - increaces party's brave and or faith.

LastingDawn

Interesting skills, but it sort of meshes with the themes that are meant to be present. Aim Eyes is basically Blackout (which is already in the Archer's skillset) Autocrossbow would be interesting... if I could somehow make that custom formula, that will be kept in mind. Headshot might be a bit... much. % Death could be a bit... hmm... well I'll keep that one in mind, because you're basically sacrificing your two attacks for a chance at instant death, for the Brave/Faith ideas... Mercenaries uses something very special for Brave and Faith, that the only way to increase them is through the Faith Rune and "Fury* Rune. Very rare items that increase Fury/Faith by 10 (which means 2 permanent Fury/Faith)

*Fury is a hack made by Zodiac to help balance "Brave" against Faith. In addition, in Mercenaries, reactions will no longer be tied to Brave (Fury), due to another hack by formerdeathcorps.

Art of War

LastingDawn

Skillset update in first post! As I mentioned before, I don't think we can realistically get two more skills without repeating themes already. What do you fellows think of the skillset as it is in the first post?

Art of War

MiKeMiTchi

I like the new skills, but they could have added a darker side to the job. I always thought Arbalists were loners and lurkers like Ninjas. XD
I don't really know which to change, though...

Second Wind -> Second Mistral!
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi