• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 07:50:39 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[OLD] FFT - The Lion War Initial Discussion Thread

Started by Elric, December 23, 2013, 11:36:50 pm

Elric

December 23, 2013, 11:36:50 pm Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 06:53:16 pm by Elric

What is FFT - The Lion War:
Final Fantasy Tactics - The Lion War is a mod that attempts to add content from War of the Lions to the
PSX version of Final Fantasy Tactics while keeping the original translation intact. This will also feature a
few of the newer console friendly ASMs to increase fun factor and add more re-playability to the game we
all know and love. As well as removing setup events and giving you much more room to play with, when
using TLW as a Base image, for your own mods.

Changes, Additions & Subtractions:

Event Related:

• Add Wiegraf & Rofel scene

• Add the two Playable Delita/Ovelia scenes

• Add Delita and Ovelia chat scene

• Add Undead Algus battle

• Add Kletian vs Meliadoul battle

• Add Agrias and Ovelia reunion scene

• Add Reis kidnapped scene

• Add Aliste battle

• Add Bremondt Battle

• Add Reis rescued scene

• Add battle with Northern Sky

• Add Mustadio's present for Agrias scene

• Add Balthier scenes and Joinup

• Add Ashley Riot in lieu of Luso

- Conditions to get the Mustadio's present for Agrias scene will have to change into something that the PSX
version supports, likewise the item received will have to be something we can manage in PSX and may just
be one of the rarer perfumes in the game.

- The Multiplayer missions will not be included.

ASMs:

• Add Dark Knight in Job Wheel thanks to Chotos Extra Job ASM

• Add Party Roster Hack Needs a better functioning Hack

• Add New Game + Option Coming Later

Other Stuff:

• Formation Screen Unit Quotes Translated & Restored.

• Sound Novels Playable, 3 of the 4 in english, in game, for the first time ever.

• DEB properly changed to 'Defeat Zalbag'

Subtractions:

• Guests will not be in formation, allowing full use of the Roster Hack a future Roster Hack

• They can still be recruited if they'd normally do so.

EXTRA EVENT PROGRESS & ORGANIZATION

#   EVENT                                  ENTD#        ATTACK#        OFFSET#          EDITS MADE     INFO
01Delita Falls Battle1DD1B8------Yes / DoneYes
02Wiegraf & Rofel1DC1BB------Yes / DoneYes
03Balthier Battle1E01BD------Yes / DoneYes
04Balthier Post1DF1C0------Yes / DoneYes
05Ashley Riot Battle1E21C2------Yes / DoneYes
06Ashley Riot Post1E11C5------Yes / DoneYes
07Delita/Ovelia Assassin Battle1DE1C7------Yes / DoneYes
08Delita/Ovelia Chat1E31CA------Yes / DoneYes
09Undead Algus Battle1E41CC------Yes / DoneYes
10Kletian vs Meliadoul1E51D1------Yes / DoneYes
11Agrias and Ovelia1E61D5------Yes / DoneYes
12Reis Kidnapped1E71D7------Yes / DoneYes
13Battle Aliste1E81D9------Yes / DoneYes
14Bremondt Battle1E91DF------Yes / DoneYes
15Reis Rescued1EA1E4------Yes / DoneYes
16Hokuten Battle1EB1E6------Yes / DoneYes
17Present for Agrias1EC1E9------Yes / DoneYes

ATTACK.OUT GUI        100%
ATTACK.OUT XML        100%
WORLDMAP XML        100%
EVENT EDIT/FIX        100%
EVTCHR FIX/PORT        100%
OFFSETS REDO        100%
EVENTS MERGED        100%
FFTACTEXT        100%
FFTPATCHER        100%
RUMOR/TRIGGERS        100%

VIDEOS/ART:   IN PROGRESS
TITLE SCREENS FIX   100%
INTRO MOVIE   100%
OPENING MOVIE   100%

• Modding version: PSX

Dome

As I already said before, I fully support the making of this patch
Sadly I cannot help much :-(

Just one suggestion:
Since many (Myself included) will probably want to use this patch to start working on their vanilla patch, I think you should make a version with only the events added;
(Just add the asm for last, and make a ppf before and after adding them. Easy-peasy and will please a lot of hackers)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Timbo

December 24, 2013, 06:47:03 am #2 Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 07:28:11 am by Jack of All Trades
I'd like to make a suggestion. Since we are nuking the tutorial. Can we replace the menu option for it with the Sound Test, so we don't have to enter that silly password? That is unless you are planning on putting a proper New Game + Option in it's place.

I looked into fixing Deathknight Algus's messed up arm and guess what. It doesn't need to be fixed. Ramza Chapter 2/3 simply does not have that arm. It must be used for either an unused animation or for an event animation that never gets called.
  • Discord username: Timbo

Elric

Yeah making a non-ASM version is no problem.

As for the title menu. I'm not sure what it would entail to replace tutorial with soundtest
But at the very least I'm hoing to get to someone to disable the tutorial selection.

Elric

January 04, 2014, 05:55:32 pm #4 Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 05:36:53 am by Elric
Okay so, the attack.out is currently being worked out for this since we were able
to clear up the 52 slots we needed.

Here I have recorded a scene from WotL in a PSX ISO. Everything is working perfectly,
(though I had to move a dialogue box over, to accommodate the widescreen dialogue box)

(Sorry about the sound quality, my laptop is not the best, but you get the idea)

In my version of this mod, I will be using the PSX translation and will have the WotL
specific scenes rewritten to follow that original translation.

In a second version being made with the WotL translations from FFT:Complete
(thanks to Jack of all Trades) this command {DA68} will need to be replaced in all
dialogues instead with {D11D}. {DA68} was not coded into the PSX version and
this is why we see Kanji in the dialogue several times in this event as well as in
FFT:Complete in the events were it wasn't fixed before being imported.

One thing I need is for someone (I will if no one else does) to get a list of what
music tracks are used in the WotL specific scenes.

EDIT: I have moved over 4 events into the PSX version at this point, this is mostly for
testing right now to make sure there is no bugs and/or unknown commands messing
up the events that I need to fix before putting them into their proper place into the
finalized TEST.EVT

EDIT: Did a palette fix for the horrid Death Knight Algus, it's at least a bit better then
it was:

Timbo

You know, this is what I hate about the edit button. You never know when a thread has been updated. This is looking pretty nice. When can I get started on these offsets?

Angel

Yeah, it would be really nice if there was a hack to make 'edit' mark the topic unread (and not quick edit). I've seen such a thing on other forums, but not SMF.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Elric

January 05, 2014, 09:29:57 pm #7 Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:59:25 am by Elric
You'll be able to start on them as soon as well get at least the attack.out stuff done, that way we will
know where everything will be and what offsets to use.

That in mind, if you could somehow find out which music tracks are used on these bonus scenes that
would be great, since I have no idea how to do so.

Toshiko is currently reworking the events to have a more PSX translation feel to them for my version.

EDIT:
Here's another video of one of the events I ported over from the PSP version, by tomorrow night I'll
have them all tested. EVTCHRS have all been aligned and placed.

Once again, shitty speed quality, but oh well.

Timbo

January 06, 2014, 10:40:26 am #8 Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 01:41:58 pm by Jack of All Trades
I'm trying to hunt down all of the cutscenes on youtube. Here's what I have so far:

Zeirchele Falls Battle

Wiegraf Joins the Knights Templar

Recruiting Luso *cough* I mean Ashley Riot

The New Liege of Lionel

Recruiting Balthier

Ovelia & Agrias meet again

Argath's Return

Cletian & Meliadoul

Ovelia & Delita Battle 2

Disorder in the Order

Agrias' Birthday

Note: This was the only non-narrated version of this video I could find. Ramza and Mustadio enter through the door of the bar. For the full version click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxNRv-R4kIc

Delita & Ovelia Grass Whistlin'

Another let's play video. The scene starts around the 7:00 mark. It's triggered after you try to leave Bervenia after the battle with Meliadoul.

Elric

January 06, 2014, 10:41:18 pm #9 Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 11:20:52 pm by Elric
These are all extremely helpful, though the one with the Reunion between Agrias and Ovelia I'm not sure about,
it was made (incorrectly at the beginning) by Lasting Dawn, so I don't know that the music track is valid or if it
was just the default track for the event that he pasted it over.

Also the Ovelia and Delita Battle 2 only has the battle music but no music before it

Timbo

I think the delita ovelia fight takes place after a cell shaded cutscene. Either way the battle follows the vanilla version of that same scene.

Elric

January 07, 2014, 11:33:32 am #11 Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 08:43:54 pm by Elric
Naw, the scene starts with delita talking to ovelia up until the point that he notices
The ninja star being thrown.

I posted a video of the battle in this thread. Its done I just need the initial music
Before the battle music

Found one

And heres the other one

Elric

The OP has been updated with hyperlinks under the INFO section of the event progress table,
these show the music, map state, and weather of each of the extra events. The new battles
for Ramza also include pictures of the correct formation settings.

Elric

Here is the new Balthier event to replace the cutscene from the PSP version.
There is no audio in this video as the event is not 100% complete yet, which is
also why you only see Ramza and no one else from his party. Once again my
laptop sucks for recording so I apologize for the slowdown.

Argy

Wow, just simply amazing!! Keep up the great work!!
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Timbo

Jumza

Haha, that jump Balthier does is pretty sweet :P
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Elric

Thanks guys :D

Here is the (hopefully) completed version, with sound.
(Still a bit slow due to my laptop though)

Angel

I think that the one unit shouldn't be turning his back to Ramza after declaring him caught, but that's just me. Otherwise, beautiful work!
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Elric

January 18, 2014, 03:05:24 pm #19 Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 06:57:01 pm by Elric
Glad everyone liked the last one, here is the Ashley Riot event.

The Ch1 Ramza is used to demonstrate where your party (other than Ramza) will start.
The Ch2/3 Ramza is used to demonstrate where your Ramza will start.

Sorry about the slow recording speed again, I've attached a Savestate to the end of this
post. If you load this in PSXFin (pSX) you should be able to see the scene in full speed
(however the sprites will be incorrect)

(Fixes to be made:)
FIXED - (-Make first dialogue stay on screen longer)
FIXED - (-Make second Bull Demon run at Ashley faster to make it look like it's charging)
Fixes are not in the video