• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 12:08:04 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[OLD] FFT - The Lion War Initial Discussion Thread

Started by Elric, December 23, 2013, 11:36:50 pm

Angel

Simple answer: It's on the backburner while work is done on Journey of the Five. It's not dead, it's just easier to tackle one project at a time, and the project being tackled is kinda really huge.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Seperest

Thanks Angel! Glad to hear its still being worked on. :)

royalmurder

This project is very exciting!
I've read through all the thread, and the idea of the NG+ system has me intrigued.
Just wanted to pop in and say: Solid work on this so far, and good luck with finding the time and resources to continue on it.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Ildon

First I would like to thank the people that are currently working on this project as well as those that have in the past. 

From what I gathered from skimming over the posts this will be a patch adding nigh all of the best from the psp release to the original psx version.  (Aside from Luso being changed to a much better character imho.)

I'm guessing that the psx version simply cannot handle more than base + 4 roster size due to hard coded limitations and needing space for temporary guests.  Max of three in Ch.2 if I remember correctly.  However, that does mean that poaching your party is still much less tedious in Ch.4 than in base game.  =D 

Also, once this is out you say that it's fair game for modding?  Because I look forward to porting my mod over to the psx version if that is the case.  I figure it might take a quarter of the time to redo it. 

One concern that I have is whether there will be space to add even one unique class in addition to the extra content that has been added...
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
(PSP) FFT: GGL Edition 0.9.81 is now available. check here

Elric

Quote from: Ildon on September 08, 2017, 10:57:18 pm
First I would like to thank the people that are currently working on this project as well as those that have in the past. 

From what I gathered from skimming over the posts this will be a patch adding nigh all of the best from the psp release to the original psx version.  (Aside from Luso being changed to a much better character imho.)

I'm guessing that the psx version simply cannot handle more than base + 4 roster size due to hard coded limitations and needing space for temporary guests.  Max of three in Ch.2 if I remember correctly.  However, that does mean that poaching your party is still much less tedious in Ch.4 than in base game.  =D 

Also, once this is out you say that it's fair game for modding?  Because I look forward to porting my mod over to the psx version if that is the case.  I figure it might take a quarter of the time to redo it. 

One concern that I have is whether there will be space to add even one unique class in addition to the extra content that has been added...

No, we had to move stuff around just to fix the extra people we added. So you'd have to move or change some stuff.

MTCruvinel

First let me say I know this is not my patch and that I areally appreciate the people working on this and I'm looking forward to it being released...

I don't know how many of you are aware, but FFXIV just released Return to Ivalice, written by Ivalice's original creator Yasumi Matsuno. In that raid, they introduced two dummied Lucavi: Rofocale of Sagittarius and Duma of Taurus - the later being summoned by Algus himself.

Is there any chance that now that we have info on the dummied content by its original creator, that these dummied Lucavi fights can be added into to project?

Nyzer

Probably one of the biggest hurdles to that idea would be the sheer amount of dedication it would take to make a new Lucavi sprite.

But also, Rofokare doesn't really count as "dummied" content - the only thing in the game was his name, from what I've read up on the subject. The Sound Novels are dummied content - they were entirely present in the game, just not translated or accessible. If there was a partial event in the game with a partial sprite or something, I could maybe see it happening, but for just a name? I really doubt it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Squaresoft

Just doing my monthly stalking. I dream about this every night.
I have a question though:
Will the PSP Intro Movies be optional?. Since you are keeping the original translation, the original intro may help(some people?) to keep the Vanilla feeling.
Oh, the transition from the Intro Movie's dark colors once it ends--to the Tittle Screen's brown colors is "dramatic", except that it's going to be edited.

Elric

The movies will be optional, as that will be a 50mb version of the patch and its just the intro and opening movie, not the others.

Already been edited several years ago. Just didnt update the image

corpsra99

i've been looking at this monthly and you guys have made awesome progress with this! Can't wait!

Elric

Just wanted to let everyone know that a initial release of this will be coming sooner rather than later. Over the last week or so, i have rebuilt the attack.out both GUI and spreadsheets, as well as the worldmap and have been testing and making fixes as I go along.

The initial release will not have New Game +. Once Xifanie has a bit more free time we can come back to those awesome ideas.

What you CAN expect from a release in a few weeks to a month is:

-All WotL events included, with dewotlized dialogue, including sidequest rumors.

-WotL EVTCHRs

-Reworked Chapter 4 side quest requirements to mirror that of WotL

-(Optional) Intro and Opening movie scenes from WotL
-New title screen

-Balthier, with his WotL skillset, including a working Barrage attack

-Ashley Riot, with a completely custom skillset

-Fixed Dycedargs Elder Brother text.

-Translated Unit Quotes never before released on a english version of FFT

-3 of 4 Sound Novels Playable in english, never before released on a english version of FFT

We are still looking for a translator to translate the last sound novel from japanese, if interested PM me.

Bonesy

• Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Argy

Great work Elric!! Cant wait to play it!!
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Timbo

That's incredible. I really appreciate all of the time and  effort put into this. Thank you for your hard work.
  • Discord username: Timbo

Elric

Thanks guys.

Still working hard at it, just got the generic unit quotes put in, as well as the sound novels. Have a slight bug right now of the bravestory events activating variables that they shouldn't be, but we have a way around that.

Mostly wanted to update with one more event addition that wasn't mentioned to add to the main story before.

Some people may not know that there is a bravestory only scene, where besrodio is kidnapped, which event sequence wise, should be played after the meeting with Draclau when he finds out Mustadio has the stone. This scene will be added to that area around the game, so anyone who didn't realize it was viewable in the bravestory, or just found the goug battle underwhelming, due to not knowing Besrodio was kidnapped until 2 seconds before the battle, will get a bit more out of that portion of the story.

Argy

Always giving us more!! Thank you Elric!!
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Timbo

I love the use of Ashley Riot over Luso. Increasing the interconnectedness of the Matsuno Ivalice trilogy was a brilliant move.
  • Discord username: Timbo

Nyzer

Plus, scrapping Luso is already a good move on its own. He's an incredibly underwhelming character even in his own game.

Elric

Thanks Timbo. And sorry Nyzer. but im still releasing a version with Luso as well :P

Nyzer

Pft, fine, be that way then.