• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[OLD] FFT - The Lion War Initial Discussion Thread

Started by Elric, December 23, 2013, 11:36:50 pm

Timbo

That scene is better than I imagined it and Ramza's line is a nice touch.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Angel

Yeah, I didn't like the idea of Ramza just jumping into the fight without a word, so I added that in. Also, Ashley's line has changed since that movie was made. (TEN THOUSAND LASHES TO YOU, RAVEN)
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

kyozo22

Out of curiosity, what was wrong with the line?

Anyway, really just wanted to double check exactly how much event space there would be on the ISO once all's done?
  • Modding version: WotL

Elric

January 19, 2014, 11:34:20 am #23 Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 12:54:17 pm by Elric
I was a difference of "You can" and "You'll have to"  That's all really.

As for event space there is none. We had to MAKE event space to be
able to do this in the first place.

May I ask why you wanted to know that?
Basically in vanilla, there is very few scattered slots, we had to take
these, along with other events we merged to make room for slots,
and put them all at the end of the Attack.out and TEST.EVT. With
the merging we did we were only (even with nuking tutorials) able
to free up 53 slots. Care to take a guess at how many we absolutely
needed after merging and getting rid of redundant things in the end?
53 slots.

So the short answer to your question is Zero, not even 1 single stray
event slot :P

Choto

Just posting this here in case I forget where I put it. It's untested btw so backup the stuff if you're going to test it.

<Patch name="Tutorial functions as Sound on title screen">
<Location file="OPEN_OPEN_BIN" offset="3D1C">
1C00038E
</Location>
<Location file="OPEN_OPEN_BIN" offset="36000">
49AB0108
</Location>
<Location file="OPEN_OPEN_BIN" offset="3e90">
</Location>
</Patch>

Elric

Thank you Choto, I just got done testing the hack, so I can give some input on it,
and I also made a video to demonstrate,

As you can see in the video:

- Tutorial does indeed function as Sound

- You can not scroll down to the Sound option anymore

- You CAN scroll UP to the Sound option still

kyozo22

January 19, 2014, 03:09:09 pm #26 Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 03:44:44 pm by kyozo22
Quote from: Elric on January 19, 2014, 11:34:20 am
May I ask why you wanted to know that?

Basically, I was going to try and fuse this patch with Voldemort's 1.3 (not double patch obviously, just put changes in FFTP) but remembered that there was an event edit for the Ultima Demon/ Zombag fight in Ch. 4. Plus the Marche fight, but I don't care about Marche, so meh! ;)

Having said that, these are technically additions to events, as opposed to new events, but doubt there's room?

So,basically, just my own personal project type thingy.  Awesome work with that Ashley Riot scene btw. Meant to say earlier. Lol

Elric

Quote from: kyozo22 on January 19, 2014, 03:09:09 pm
Basically, I was going to try and fuse this patch with 1.3 (not double patch obviously, just put changes in FFTP) but remembered that there was
an event edit for the Ultima Demon/ Zombag fight in Ch. 4. Plus the Marche fight, but I don't care about Marche, so meh! ;)

You wouldn't be able to put anything over the ATTACK.OUT, WLDCORE, or TEST.EVT so 1.3 would not work
over this. In addition to those event edits (which I made 1 of and fixed the other for 1.3) They also
restructured their ISO to have the fight with Vormav at the end. So this wouldn't really work with anything
other than just copy/pasting the abilities. I don't know how the people working on 1.3 would feel about
all that though...

Quote from: kyozo22 on January 19, 2014, 03:09:09 pm
Having said that, these are technically additions to events, as opposed to new events, but doubt there's room?
Awesome work with that Ashley Riot scene btw. Meant to say earlier. Lol

If you are referring to what I mentioned above, no, that will not work either :P

And thank you about the Ashley Riot scene, it was considerably easier to make than the Balthier scene lol.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

As for The Lion War, the ATTACK.OUT is now reorganized and I will be putting in the extra events now.

special thanks to Raven on this, as he did 9/10 of the organization himself before he added a right
click copy/paste function to his Attack.out editor. Which made the 1/10 that I did take less than an hour
he did a crazy amount of work on this before I did anything, and this mod would take much longer to
finish if it hadn't been for that.

Raven is also working on a program to name all the offset numbers for us, this eliminates room for
error, speeds up the process by about a million and will make it much easier for Jack to make his
version of the mod with the FFT: Complete content.

Hooray for Progress!!

kyozo22

Quote from: Elric on January 19, 2014, 03:46:27 pm
  I don't know how the people working on 1.3 would feel about all that though...

Way ahead of you there, mate. This wasn't for submission or anything, it was just my own personal project-type thing. I'm used to playing the WOTL version that wa made which was basically just abilities and growths (no ASMs obviously. Lol)

Good to know about all that info development wise. That's pretty amazing work Raven's done.

Elric

ATTACK.OUT Done
TEST.EVT Done

Only thing really left now is to get Pride online to do the Worldmap portion, or to pass along to documentation for myself to do so
As far as the worldmap is concerned, we need to setup some stuff for the additional Rumors and side quest triggers, otherwise
we are about done here.

kyozo22

Wow, that's brilliant! Looking forward to it!  This'll be awesome. :D

RavenOfRazgriz

I just finished setting up the sidequests on the World Map.  Here's how they're going to work:

1. For every Sidequest (except recruiting Luso/Ashley, though that's not really a sidequest), you MUST be in Chapter 4.

Quest String 1:

2a. At the start of Chapter 4, if you have Mustadio, you can immediately go to Goug to discover the Steel Ball.
2b. Any time in Chapter 4 after reading the Ghosts of Colliery Rumor, you can immediately go to Lesalia Imperial Capital to meet Beowulf, then head to the Colliery to find Reis.
(These are NOT linked.)
3a. Any time after completing 2a and 2b, if you have Mustadio, you can immediately go to Goug to revive Worker 8.
3b. Any time after completing 2b and advancing the plot to at least Zeltennia Castle, you can read the rumor to open Nevleska Temple, then head there to perform immortal wombat with Worker 7.
(These are NOT linked.)
4a. Any time after completing 3a, if Mustadio is in your party, you can discover the deactivated Time Machine.
4b. Any time after completing 3b, if Beowulf and Dragon Reis are in your party, you can go to Nevleska Temple to transform Dragon Reis back to Human Reis.
(These are NOT linked.)
5a. Any time after completing 4a, if Mustadio is in your party, you can Summon Cloud via the Time Machine.
5b. Any time after completing 4b, after reading the Lionel's New Liege Lord Rumor, you can go to Lionel Castle to face Bremondt and Aliste.
(These are NOT linked.)
6. Any time after completing 5a and viewing the Flower scene, you can go to Zarghidas Trade City to Save and Recruit Cloud.

Quest String 2:

2. After opening Murond Holy Place, if Agrias is in your party, you can head to Zeltennia Castle to meet Ovelia.
3. After completing 2, you can read the Disorder in the Order Rumor and complete the bonus battle at Thieves' Fort.

Quest String 3:

2. Any time after routing Meliadoul at Bervenia Free City, you can read the Rumor Rash of Thefts followed by A Call for Guards.
3. After completing 2, you can head to Dorter Trade City to back up and recruit Balthier.

Quest String 4:

2. Any time in Chapter 4, you can head to Warjilis Trade City on Agrias' Birthday with XXXXX Gil (to be determined as limitations are examined, War of the Lion's 500,000 may not be possible) if both Agrias and Mustadio are in your party to view the scene where Mustadio gives Agrias a birthday present.  (This present will most likely be changed to one of the Perfume items existing in Vanilla FFT, such as the Setiemson.)

Other bonus scenes such as Meliadoul facing off with Kletian, etc. will be included as well, though as they're not sidequests I'm not listing them here.

THIS MEANS THAT:

1. You do not need Mustadio at any point to fully resolve the Beowulf and Reis quest line, including the new content. (You obviously need Beowulf and Reis to do anything after fighting Worker 7, though.) However, you DO need Mustadio to obtain Worker 8 and Cloud.

2. You can complete every sidequest that does not require unlock locations beyond Zarghidas Trade City before viewing the "flower scene".  Cloud can be recruited as soon as that scene is viewed in addition to his normal requirements.

This means that the sidequests can in many cases actually be completed even earlier than they could be in War of the Lions, and that there's slightly less emphasis on Mustadio, meaning you do not need to maintain him as a party member if you're not interested in the sidequests he's directly involved in and don't want to use him otherwise.

RavenOfRazgriz

Just posting to say everything's been scraped together and tossed onto an ISO for preliminary testing.  Elric will be doing that while I go through to do the necessary cleanup in FFTPatcher, such as properly setting up Guest allies, Balthier / Ashley, etc. for the actual release.  Assuming the ISO doesn't explode violently it should be ready to go sometime this weekend.

The release will contain a .RAR file with the following:

1. A .PPF of The Lion War, which will contain all the info for the new characters, events, etc.
2. A Resources.zip for FFTPatcher for the new content.
3. The Spreadsheets and other tools required for editing The Lion War, should you want to alter the story progression further yourself and know how these tools work.
4. XML / Spreadsheets for things such as the Party Roster Hack and ARH-Lite, which will be properly configured for The Lion War but not immediately applied for people who do not wish to use these ASMs.

Smitson

Too bad the multiplayer matches can't be added in to single player but such is life.

And slightly off topic, but am I the only one who felt that the undead Algus battle would've been much more impactful on the story had Delita been involved?

Elric

January 25, 2014, 11:29:56 pm #34 Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 07:44:35 pm by Elric
Testing has progressed into Chapter 4 and despite some initial hick-ups everything seems to be working fine,
however we have hit a wall in that the tutorial events are not functioning as normal events. We need these 16
slots to be able to pull this off (we needed 53 total and that is exactly how many we were able to get). We are
currently searching for a solution to this.

UPDATE!!

Thanks to the fact that Xifanie updated the command list on the Wiki we have several commands that make it
now possible to link up events. It won't all be simple to do, but we can clear up the 16 slots we need for this
and no one should notice a change at all.

So we are back on track, though this does put us a few days back, expect another update soon.

Angel

Evolution of the title screen

The original title screen was a simple modification of vanilla's. After FFM pointed out his injected WotL intro, the title screen needed to be changed to accomodate it, resulting in the second title screen. It didn't take very long for that screen to cause problems with all sorts of alignment, and it became clear that it would be easier to just make a whole new title screen and new end to the opening FMV, which brings us to the third rendition.

If there are no objections, this is the screen I'll be going with.

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

Timbo

I doubt my opinion matters but I think you should filter out some of that yellow from the world map. It contrasts with the logo something aweful. Otherwise, it looks great.
  • Discord username: Timbo

Jumza

I think it looks great, but I like how the first 2 have maps that have some sort of effect to them that make them differ from the in-game one.

It does look awesome though :o
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Angel

January 27, 2014, 02:43:02 pm #38 Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 02:53:25 pm by Toshiko
Well, now that I have 14 frames of the movie I get to delete...

>>?

Edit: Imagine there are black bars at the top and bottom. I edited it from the movie files, which are 224 in height.

Edit Edit: For clarification, I changed the color balance and added a subtle canvas texture, noob style. A bit more vanilla throwback.

Jumza

I like it :)
You do good work Toshiko.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.