• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:36:20 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

1.3 and this patch?

Started by HalfGodBro, February 19, 2013, 04:17:11 am

HalfGodBro

Alright guys, so i'm making an AI tourney using the new 1.3 by Voldemort
i've seen your patch in action, and i would like to know how i can add the Deep Dungeon style of choosing maps, with the name and all, and also not having to choose everyone Auto-battle ect..im a little confuse of how i could keep all the 1.3 content and add the utility that your patch have
i also heard that even if both team have same speed the ennemy team wont go all first in your patch?

Barren

To be honest man, we haven't used 1.3 as our tourney patch for a few years. In fact 1.3 as a fan-made patch to increase the difficulty of vanilla is in our archives which contains terminated projects and deleted sections of the forum. FFT Arena is a tournament dedicated patch, 1.3 is not.

There used to be a video on how to make a 1.3 tourney patch but I'm not sure if its on anymore. Plus since it's Voldemort's work, you'd be best to find out those answers on his website.

As far as choosing the maps and what not, I don't really know how to do that because I didn't create Arena. I'm only a regular tournament host and have been for over 3 years here.

But to answer your question on who goes first, generally speaking its the units with the highest speed that goes first but if they all have the same speed than player 1 goes first (which is the team on top).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

HalfGodBro

thx anyway dude...do you have any idea on how to make everyone starts on auto-battle? if at least i can get that working, it'll be awesome

RavenOfRazgriz

The ability to set all units to Enemy AI (not Auto-Battle AI, Enemy AI and Auto-Battle AI are actually VERY different for reasons I'll spare you on, just trust me when I say you want all units using Enemy AI) and whatnot is a giant ASM hack that forces the game to only read ENTD4 (I believe) and some other stuff that I would not have access to.  I can probably find someone who does have it though, and that would be the START of making the 1.3 Arena Patch you'd want.

Also Barren's answer about Speed is not entirely correct, the unit that moves first on a speed tie is the unit whose the highest on the ENTD listing, which is why Arena has ENTDs where the teams are mixed together so one team doesn't always have a first-turn advantage.  This is also why in Vanilla, Player Units will always lose a speed tie to both Guests and Enemy Units. (Player-controlled units placed onto the map are treated as being the last units spawned by the ENTD.)

Barren

Hmm I've always thought it was highest speed. I didn't even think about that. Thanks for correcting me Raven
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?