• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:26:07 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Invoker Job Discussion (Rad/Ramza Skillset Updated!)

Started by Archael, November 16, 2008, 09:26:12 pm

Archael

November 16, 2008, 09:26:12 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Lasting Dawn Edit

August 22nd, 2010

Invokers, Practitioners of the Dark[/size]

The Invoker is a class replacing the classic Black Mage, their skillset is called Grimiore though it is in fact Rod's they use singularly. Their abilities grow more powerful with the higher level Rod you may have equipped, but they will deal considerable damage the whole of the game through.  Their MP Growth is non-existent, their source of the small MP they have comes from Grimoires, items that when held flood the mind with knowledge, granting them the power to cast magic, though Mist had abandoned them, for perverting it's natural order.

Their skills are a compilation of many different things, abandoning the linear Fire 1, 2, 3, approach for something which focuses on the Elements alone. They have nine abilities.

These abilities are...

Thanks goes to Philsov and Mav (and many others whose names I can't recall for the original skill ideas)for these wonderful skills!

QuoteInvoker - The black mage-like-class.  Features MA-but-not Fa-based damage with moderate status infliction in some cases.  Hosts the various elements.  I went with a dark/light split on Ramza + Rad.  Seems fitting, ability wise, though you may want to shuffle for thematics.

Iconics:
Explosion - MA * 5 (MA + 30%) Range 4, Effect Area 2, Vertical 2, MP 2 - The Invoker's most destructive spell, as well as the most inaccurate, from a distance the Invoker let's fly a large explosion
Metal (I'm really at a lost for this slot...) - MA * 2 (MA+90%), range 4, AoE 0, MP 1 - Invoker's most basic spell, manipulates the opponents equipment to deal them harm.
(Secret Skill - Blood Sin)

Ramza:
Dark chant - MA * 2 (MA + 65%) Range 2, Effect Area 0, Vertical 5, MP 2, chance to Inflict charm,
Poison  - Engulf - MA * 4 (MA + 60%) Range 2, Effect Area 1, Vertical 4, MP 2, Inflict Poison
Ice - Freeze - MA * 3 (MA + 40%) Range 4, Effect Area 1, Vertical 1, MP 2, Inflict Slow
Earth  - Tremor - MA * 3 (MA + 50%) Range 0, Effect Area 2, Vertical 0, MP 2
Poison + Earth = Rot - MA * 5 (MA + 45%), range 2, Effect Area 1, vertical 0, MP3.  Chance to inflict Undead or Death Sentence
Dark + Ice = White Death - MA * 4 (MA + 50%), range 3, Effect Area 2, Vert 2, MP3.  Inflicts Sleep.

Rad:
Light - Spirit Surge - MA * 5 (MA + 45%) Range 5, Effect Area 0, Vertical 3, MP 2, Inflict Confusion
Lit  - Shock - MA * 2 (MA + 70)%) Range 3, Effect Area 0, Vertical 10, MP 2, Inflict Stop or Don't Act or Don't Move
Fire - Burn - MA * 6 (MA + 50%) Range 3, Effect Area 1, Vertical 3, MP 2, Chance to inflict Haste
Wind - Gale - Dmg_Random(1...4)* MA (For now PA...) Range 4, Effect Area 4, Vertical 2, (linear attack), MP 2
Fire + Wind = Flash Fire.  MA * 4 (MA + 50%), range 4 linear, vert 2.  No status.
Lit + Light = Smite - MA * 6 (MA + 90%), Range 4, Effect Area 0.  Chance to inflict Dead.  

~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lasting Dawn has changed alot of the generic base jobs for Mercenaries so that they have new uses  / redefined roles

such as Thief = Traveler and
Archer = New Skillset that can inflict statuses with arrows

any ideas for what Wizards can do to make them stand out as a new job?

dwib

November 16, 2008, 10:14:01 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
make them into some sort of necromancer? they don't really look human anyway and giving them the elemental spirits (from skeletons) among a few other moves would maintain an elemental-magic class. maybe it'd be a way to give dark holy to a job class as well?

LastingDawn

November 16, 2008, 10:32:40 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Dark Holy more or less still belongs to the enemies, also a Necromancer could be done... but with no one joining you and the like, it loses a bit of it's... use.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

boomkick

November 16, 2008, 10:51:46 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Dark/Holy Symbolist could be good name for the Wizard/Priest. He/She uses symbols and the like to cast magic on its enemies, but more variety.

Fire Spells should be Burn, Burn 2/3, Mimic Ifrit or Inferno
Ice Spells should be Freeze, Freeze 2/3, Mimic Shiva or Star Chill
Bolt Spells should be Shock, Shock 2/3, Mimic Ramuh or Pulse

Just some ideas.

LastingDawn

November 16, 2008, 10:57:37 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Those are just name changes though, aren't they? What would the said moves do? (you've now intrigued me...)

Art of War

Archael

November 16, 2008, 11:01:31 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Hrmm

What about a magic system like Vagrant Story?

magic is cast instantly, but can be blocked and miss just like physical attacks

1 spell per element

many elements

different elements have different functions

Holy has good range, weak damage

Dark has heavy damage, weak range

Fire has a chance to hit more than once (more fire spells %)

Ice (Water?) can slow

Earth can Don't Move

etc etc

boomkick

November 16, 2008, 11:03:58 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
I wanted them to be more deadly, so here it goes.

Burn- Inflicts excellently HUGE damage, but hastes all effected (at a % chance).

Freeze- Inflicts Slow, while dealing moderate damage, nearly 2/3's of Burn

Shock- Inflicts Don't Act OR Don't Move OR Stop, while dealing minor damage, 1/3's of Burn.

I see these may be overpowered, but seems pretty interesting. I wanted Burn to have a "HP loss per turn of Burn," but there is only poison, and that doesn't make sense. Shock, in real life, stuns people. But to make it thoroughly balanced, i made it do little damage. Freeze is easy...

Dark Symbolist has many damage symbols and little healing,
Holy Symbolist has many healing symbols and little damage,

LastingDawn

November 16, 2008, 11:07:26 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Oh I love both of them!! But what could be used as a healthy medium... those are all extremely interesting and possible ideas, and now that Mercenaries represents Vagrant Story a bit more with only two characters, it could be a Very healthy change... what do you fellows think of it?

Art of War

boomkick

November 16, 2008, 11:10:05 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Once u pack the enemy with Wizards and the like, your screwed.

Archael

November 16, 2008, 11:14:43 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
I agree with Shock  / Freeze / Burn concepts

it'd make them more interesting to face, that's forsure

are those supposed to be 0 CT MP cost spells?

LastingDawn

November 16, 2008, 11:16:31 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
It would make Mages more useful late game... and it wouldn't be a burden to have a secondary with such... so this is an agreed upon idea, then?

Art of War

boomkick

November 16, 2008, 11:17:14 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Of course i agree, i came up with the concepts :).

Need any more ideas just ask. I can come up with them in a max of 30 minutes, Minimum 2 minutes :0

dwib

November 16, 2008, 11:25:42 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
the only problem i have with the vagrant story idea is the possibility of fire elementals hitting twice, as that makes Rad's double ice/fire/bolt totally overshadowed. Otherwise it sounds excellent! Maybe fire could be the only element with an effect radius? Because fire spreads etc. etc.

LastingDawn

November 16, 2008, 11:29:43 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
That's why I'm going with Shock, Freeze, Burn, I agree with that, I wouldn't make anything hit twice but Rad's Double Magic, as it is a focal plot point.

Art of War

boomkick

November 17, 2008, 12:03:27 am #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
But what will the name of the Wizard be renamed to? Stay Wizard, my idea of symbolist, or something else?

LastingDawn

November 17, 2008, 12:27:53 am #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Wizard, Symbolist, or... something else, since they're taking a more... Vagrant Story role, would they have a name similar to such?
Not knowing much about the game I wouldn't guess a lot, though I know magic is learned through Grimoire's what  would symbolize that though...? What class name that isn't too long winded be proper...

Art of War

Clockwork Seal

November 17, 2008, 12:37:02 am #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Clockwork Seal
Possibly Cantor for priest?  I'm also having a hard time coming up with one for wizard.

LastingDawn

November 17, 2008, 12:52:22 am #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Cantor, very archaic... I really like it! Of course we also need to think up any new skills for a Priest, but do Priests really need new skills? Unlike Black Magic spells, there spells all have a semblance of use.

Art of War

LastingDawn

November 17, 2008, 01:03:08 am #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Actually talking with Asmo brings up a very interesting point... Magic's power would need to be extremly weakened if it has no CT, he made up a slight chart of importance which was quite interesting.

Quote[12:11] <Asmo> the big 3 properties are range, CT and damage
[12:11] <Lydyn> Exactly. I'd rather do 100 damage to someone than 10 damage to five guys.
[12:11] <Asmo> i'd rank them 1. CT, 2. Damage and 3. Range
[12:11] <Asmo> magic is going to excel only at 3 and AOE which is probably the 5th ranked property

As it stands it would need nerfed considerably, or else it would simply be too powerful, of course only a few spells could have AoE or status effects, this is a rather demanding part of such, and if it is ignored it could lend to imbalance, now, should we test them first? Or should we find a way of  "perfect balance" before we do such? Of course things on paper often don't turn out as good as they do in practice...  or some such saying.

Art of War

Jacob31593

November 17, 2008, 05:59:48 am #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jacob31593
i liked the necromancer idea better, is it possible to make a spell that causes raise/traitor/undead ? that would be beast