• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:56:36 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT Patcher (.497)

Started by formerdeathcorps, May 14, 2011, 03:57:55 am

Pickle Girl Fanboy

If you consider that a "fuckin flip out", then you don't know me very well. ;P

There's no way to save the map images in those web pages.  They seem to be a product of some kind of PHP magic.  So, the person I should be talking to is Xif, I guess.

3lric

that may be the case, but all those maps are also viewable in EVSP

and I may have misspoken by calling it flipping out, but my edit was posted more then a minute before you said that :P So there WAS time to see that I fixed my error of delting it by mistake (since I've never intentionally delete a reply and normally edit them when needed)
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

Pickle Girl Fanboy

April 24, 2012, 03:41:55 pm #144 Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 03:50:33 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
Linux user here - EVSP is a Visual Basic program, and will not work on Linux or Mac.

http://www.mono-project.com/Visual_Basic
^There is a Linux Visual Basic compiler, but your code probably contains calls to Windows specific libraries.  So EVSP is conceivably cross-platform, but probably not, in practice.  This ins't really your fault, because IIRC the Mono cross-platform library is a pain in the ass.

Eternal

The world does not revolve around Linux users. Don't expect everyone to bend to your whims just because you can't run a certain program.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Pickle Girl Fanboy

How did this become about my whims?  Didn't you want these features yourself a few posts ago?  And now you're against them?  WTF is going on here?

Eternal

You're coming off as overly pushy. That's the problem.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Pickle Girl Fanboy

April 24, 2012, 03:49:32 pm #148 Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 04:03:36 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
Quote from: Eternal248 on April 24, 2012, 03:47:53 pm
You're coming off as overly pushy. That's the problem.

Okay then.  Could you say so, next time?  Like, Warn me, instead of posting something like this:

Quote from: Eternal248 on April 24, 2012, 03:45:45 pm
The world does not revolve around Linux users. Don't expect everyone to bend to your whims just because you can't run a certain program.

Getting warned doesn't really bother me (I won't raegquit, I'll just stop whatever it offensive thing I'm doing), but ambiguity does fuck me up, because I don't process it well.  I need to have rules, because I understand rules, and will follow them perfectly.

Also, Xifanie PM'd me the link to the images used in the maps section.
http://ffhacktics.com/maps/
When I start learning a programming language, I'll make a cross-platform tool for previewing maps.

Glain

Elric, the latest FFTP attached to this thread (this post) should have updated ENTD names. I changed a bunch of them for the very reason you're describing. Of course, the attack.out editor still has a bunch of wrong ones, but the ones in FFTP itself should be better.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

Ah very good to know Glain! This will definitely help me out a bit

Glain

April 28, 2012, 10:58:05 am #151 Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 11:03:36 am by Glain
All right, I've added enough features at this point to release a new version, I think. (Rather than just talking about how I have the features on my computer). So, here it is!

Here are the features in .482:

* FFTPatcher can now edit the Unknown 1 (0x06) and Unknown 2 (0x0b) item bytes, as well as Unknown in Weapon Secondary Data (0x03).
* The ENTD in FFTPatcher should display rows that have location conflicts (Same X/Y/UpperLevel) in red (for any units that are not Randomly Present or Sprite Set 00).
* Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V should now work in FFTPatcher in any place where you can right-click and copy, right-click and paste. I didn't add copy/paste to any area that didn't already have it, however.
* The lists of abilities/jobs/items/etc (on the left) in FFTPatcher should now support a type-ahead that will select the first matching list item as you type its name. The hex prefix should be ignored, so for example, if you type "Gran" it will select "015E Grand Cross". You can delete characters from the type-ahead with backspace, or clear it with ESC and start again.
* Added some hacks to FFTorgASM, notably adding Choto's remove zodiac compat hack (I had to restrain myself from deleting that leading nop :)) and fixing a Razele hack, as well as adding some hacks of my own.
* Added a defense (damage percentage reduction) hack to FFTorgASM based on the item 0x06 and 0x0b bytes. (It sounded like a good idea, Pride :D)
* Shishi should have the R999 changes.

* FFTorgASM can now understand ASM and encode/patch it directly! Specify mode="ASM" in a <Location> tag to use ASM instead of the hex encoding. Currently, ASM mode is available for any <Location> tags where the file is specified as SCUS_942_21, BATTLE_BIN, or WORLD_WORLD_BIN. That covers the vast majority of ASM hacks. Support can be added for other files if we know their file-to-RAM offsets.
* Additionally, FFTorgASM can support many psuedoinstructons even if they take multiple lines. The list of psuedoinstructions here should mostly be supported. You can also do fun things like lw r2,0x80192d90 and lbu r3,0x801908cc(r4), although these commands always generate the entire address, so this will be less efficient in cases where you can reuse part of the address. Those two statements would become 5 lines of regular ASM, but this example can be done in 4. As a sidenote, these pseudoinstruction patterns are very apparent in FFT's ASM code. Check MassHexASM (also being updated now) to see how these encode/decode.

...I believe that's everything!

formerdeathcorps

The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Pride

Awesome ^__^

* Pride downloads both
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Eternal

April 28, 2012, 03:32:19 pm #154 Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 03:38:56 pm by Eternal248
I love you Glain. That is all. My only gripe is I'd like it if the Patcher showed if units are on the same X,Y even if they're Randomly Present. Still though, amazing work. :D

3lric

@Eternal
If they are randomly present you shouldnt have any issues really :P Or atleast from how i understand it, since they at called are different parts in the event.
Often times Not present or randomly present units will just have a starting location of 0,0 since they are moved via a warpunit command and then drawn to the map
in a location different from their ENTD location anyway (atleast in vanilla anyway)

@Glain
Awesome job on this man! I'm gonna check it out some more today  :mrgreen: Loving all these updates

Glain

Thanks a lot guys!

fdc: I changed "Require Sword - Require Weapons" to edit SCUS instead of BATTLE.BIN. We discussed it earlier in the thread here. I just never did fix it until now.

Eternal: If you show the conflicts even with Randomly Present, you get tons of red even in vanilla ENTDs. I dunno, that just didn't seem right to me.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

I think that Eternal means you display Red if there's a conflict (no "Randomly Present"), and then display another color if they're on the same tile, and there's no conflict - just so he can know the maximum possible number of enemies in a battle.

Choto

April 29, 2012, 12:30:46 pm #158 Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 03:55:11 pm by Choto
Three Cheers for Glain and Item Defense!

Also, do we know exactly what "Second Table" corresponds to in the patcher? I see that the values correspond to all weapons... all shields... all armors... etc. But I'm wondering what they're actually used for in game.
Clarified by Pride, Thanks!

Also, What are the "Sprite Hacks?"

LastingDawn

Great work! Everything seems to be working up to code!
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!