• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Can You Help Me Make All My Dreams Come True???

Started by goldenshinywire, December 01, 2009, 10:51:32 pm

goldenshinywire

December 01, 2009, 10:51:32 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by goldenshinywire
:lol:

Aquablack

December 01, 2009, 11:09:52 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Aquablack
So you want two units that join your party and look correct in the formation screen?

I would suggest replacing guest Delita (04) and guest Algus/Argath (07) for this purpose. Just put Algus and Delita's sprites in duplicate job slots (Mustadio, Agrias, Gafgarion, its a long list. Look for the ones that only join as guests.) and then put that sprite in all the spots they appear in in chapter 1 (it might take a while to locate them all, I cannot be sure where all the scenes are).  You then have the new sprite join in a battle after chapter one, I'm not sure, but I think they may have issues joining in chapter one, with the dialog and all.  

You'll need to extract EVTCHR.BIN and WLDFACE.BIN with cd mage or a similar program, and then edit them with FFTEVGRP.translated, seeing which ones to replace should be easy.

(Ah yes, Orran/Olan and I think Balmafula/Valmafra also have all the necessary spots to make joinable units, and may have less scenes to hunt down to make them look right.)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jon

December 02, 2009, 07:15:35 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jon
I think you should maybe please tell us just 2 things, so that we could help you easier: 1 what the name of the job is and 2 what ability skillset do you want. If you open up the FFTPatcher, you can always replace the generics found on Ch.1 Gariland Magic City under the ENTD tab, #188. You should see like Ramza, Delita and then Generic Squire Male x2, Generic Chemist Male, Generic Squire Female x2 and Generic Chemist Female. Replace the first 2 male squires with whatever you want and viola you will have your 2 special units without overwriting anything. But if you want to make this thourough, you need to tell us all the info...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

goldenshinywire

December 02, 2009, 05:58:01 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by goldenshinywire
@ Aquablack:
And the questions begin... *sigh*
Do I go into FFTPatcher to replace these two?

@ Jon:
I was going to replace the generic squires, but wouldn't that make every generic unit I turn into a squire that sprite?

Jobs -- The two units I want to add are Cloud (Advent Children) and Aerith (FFVII). I figure Cloud's job can be the same one he has in the game, but for Aerith I kinda want to make a new job alltogether using existing abilities. I figure it will be similar to Ovelia's princess job, except change the name and maybe add a couple special skills (Seal Evil, for example).

goldenshinywire

December 02, 2009, 07:23:14 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by goldenshinywire
Question: Can I use Lioneditor to change Aerith's class after I sucessfully put her in my game?

Orlandu

December 02, 2009, 09:08:11 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Orlandu
i don't know about lioneditor nor psp version. All i know you can modify/change whatever job you want for aerith with fftpatcher.

just use those guest unit just like aquablack mentioned above (delita/algus/ovelia/agrias) or maybe barinten/balmafula. and modify their skillset to your liking.

about changing the name, you can use the one mentioned in "making your own unique char in 15 step"?
OR you can just use FFTorgASM, and just check the box that enable to change human name in the fur shop. (i prefer this one)

on second thought... when i think about it.. it seemed like aerith name already existed in the fftpatcher unit's name.. so you can just use any guest sprite, give her a job, and set her name to aerith.. then change the wldface.bin and evtchr.bin? cmiiw

goldenshinywire

December 02, 2009, 09:26:12 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by goldenshinywire
Okay. First off, please help me through replacing the guest sprites. What do I do first?

Aquablack

December 03, 2009, 12:54:07 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Aquablack
Alright, if you're gonna replace Delita and Algus to make way for your own characters, first things first, you gotta put them in different spots to make room.

I'm going to start by consolidating Gafgarion and Meliadoul into single sprites to make room to move Algus and Delita over.

Open up FFTPatcher and start a new patch, (I assume you're making a PSP version patch) and click on the ENTD tab.  This brings up a long list containing every battle and event in the game.
we'll be messing with events 19E and 19F first, to consolidate Gafgarion into a single job.  Click on event 19E, and in the list to the right, click on the unit named Gafgarion.  Click on the spriteset tab and change him from 11 to 17, and then do the same to the job tab (11 to 17). Now do the same in event 19F.

You now have the enemy only copy of Gafgarion for your own use.  Moving on the Meliadoul: locate event 1BB and change Meliadoul's spriteset from 2F to 2A.  Then change her job from 2F to 2A.

You Now have spots to move Delita and Algus over, now for the tedious part.

Locate events 101 - 10F, events 180 - 182 and events 184 - 191.
In these events, make sure Delita looks like this in every event:
(Make sure join after event,Load formation, and save formation are unchecked every time)

And change Algus to this in the events he appears:
(Make sure join after event,Load formation, and save formation are unchecked every time)

Its alot to be sure, but its the worse part, the rest is easy.

After you've done all that, click on the jobs tab for a change of pace. click job 11, and change it to resemble this picture.(Do the same to job 2F)
Now those jobs are squires in everything but name, let's change that now:
Start FFTacText, click ISO, and select Import PSP ISO Then direct it to your game's ISO.

Once it finishes loading click Text at the top and select quickedit from the list.

Select JobNames, locate entries 17 and 47, and change them both to Squire.

Now switch to JobDescriptions and locate entry 74, highlight and copy it.  Now paste the copied squire description over entries 17 and 47

Now that that's done its time to move the sprites over.
Open ShishiSpriteEditor, click file: Open ISO, load your ISO.

Find sprite 03, which should be CH 1 Delita click Sprite, then Export SPR.(Save it as Delita or something so you remember what it is)

Now find Sprite 06, it should be Algus, export it the same as above.

Now go to sprite 10 it should say something like Gafgarion(enemy), Click sprite: Import SPR and select your delita sprite you saved,
then find sprite 2E, which should be Meliadoul, and import Algus over that.

Alright, that should about do it for freeing up the spaces for your characters, once you get all this done I'll help you implement your characters.(I think this post is long enough)

jimmyjw88

December 03, 2009, 01:31:46 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
I used Gameshark to change my generics to Delita Ch1 and Algus, then just change the sprites for Delita Ch1 and Algus.
One thing I want to ask about this. Which is Guest and which is Enemy for Gafgarion, 11 and 17 (same goes to Meliadoul)??
Is it follow the Shishi, where 10 is Gafgarion Enemy and 16 is Gafgarion Guest?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Wasabi

December 03, 2009, 01:58:14 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Wasabi
On the topic of Lion Editor, it is only a save state editor. So, whatever modifications you make with Lion Editor, it will only change whatever is listed under your saved game data from whatever is listed in the ISO. It works with a patched ISO edited with FFTPatcher, but expect some values and abilities that you modified with FFTPatcher to be inconsistent within the Lion Editor program.

To be sure and safe, rely on FFTPatcher and follow Aquablack's instructions. And for optimal performance with editing, the PSX ISO works best since the PSP version has some areas that are hardcoded (but is workable to a certain extent).

Aquablack

December 03, 2009, 02:00:11 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Aquablack
11 is enemy Gafgarion, 17 is guest.
2F is enemy Meliadoul, 2A is the one that joins you.

jimmyjw88

December 03, 2009, 02:17:04 am #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Ah, looks like it's following Shishi; 10 is Enemy 11 is Enemy, 16 is Guest, 17 is Guest.
29 is Join, 2A is Join, 2E is Enemy, 2F is Enemy. Thanks.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Aquablack

December 03, 2009, 02:19:37 am #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Aquablack
Yeah, they're all pretty much in the same spots, but are numbered differently in the different programs.

goldenshinywire

December 03, 2009, 07:48:00 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by goldenshinywire
Okay, I got to where you finish changing 2F and 11 into squires. Do I start FFTactext while running FFTPatcher, and if not what do I do with the patcher first?

goldenshinywire

December 03, 2009, 10:02:04 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by goldenshinywire
Do I save the patch?

Smash

December 03, 2009, 11:38:43 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smash
I got a Q too, and about the same stuff here. No need for new thread, is there?

Would this work on the 1.3/Complete patch combo?

I'll be getting to FFT once again.

jimmyjw88

December 03, 2009, 11:55:04 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Save the patch 1st.
@Smash - Yes, they will work on 1.3. I think could work on complete too.

goldenshinywire

December 04, 2009, 02:30:17 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by goldenshinywire
Thank you, AquaBlack!! ^_^

Okay, my patch is saved and I've got Shishi up. I go to File and select Open ISO. I locate my PSP (which I have connected to the laptop via cable) and select UMD9660. All of a sudden I get a message that goes something like:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'E:/UMD9660.ISO' is denied.

There's more text, but I can't make much sense of the rest. I'd give you a screen caption, but I don't know how the hell to do that ^_^;. So, what am I doing wrong?

Aquablack

December 04, 2009, 04:50:49 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Aquablack
Oh, you'll need to rip a copy of your PSP ISO in order to change it, you can't apply changes to the UMD itself.

goldenshinywire

December 04, 2009, 08:17:29 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by goldenshinywire
:P Sorry about that. Like I said before, I've got little to no knowledge about this kind of thing. Okay, so what program do I use to do that?