• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:47:58 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

silentkaster

I really wanted to see Famous Knights win. Happy they did! I love the changes. Reinoe's team is good, but the knights had just enough staying power to win. Good job DomieV.

Good match sis. Dancer with ninjitsu was MVP!

CT5Holy got really lucky with the Slow Dances for the most part. Lots of stall tactics going for him as well. If you don't overwhelm this team (or break the thief's weapon) quickly, you will lose the ability to destroy them. Good team CT5Holy...love seeing it in action. Good team for you Otabo...just ran into a wall with CT5Holy's team.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

DomieV

Those "evasion' tactics definitely saved me this match. GG reinoe. Your thieves were pretty scary.

And thanks silentkaster for the praise. Its been usually one of my better teams in a long time. Got a page's worth of discussion :D

Angelus

Looks like my mime made it through. At least for now, they'll probably be other teams that may serve as a counter to mine but who knows. GG eternal

Otabo

So apparently, Camtasia decides to give me the middle finger during the one day I get to record matches. Sigh. At least I got this one done.

FFT Arena 1.38d - Barren (Ever Faithful) vs. DomieV (Goddess)

Barren

Well my team did good here I suppose. I got a little bit unlucky in round 2 with draw out hitting through my evade but other than that I think it did fine. Let's see what happens when it goes up against other teams. GG DomieV
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

TrueLight

• Modding version: PSX

Barren

I like that archer setup, it makes me want to use one for one of my future teams I may have in store

CT5Holy

Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Barren

Considering the potential of the team here it might be possible for me to redo the team a bit and maybe ease up on the usage of axes :P. GG silentkaster, that was a nice match

silentkaster

Thanks for the video CT5Holy! I appreciate you taking my request :)
GG Barren. My team won...but really didn't perform how I thought they would. I thought chip damage would set up the OHKOs but my team was more interested in continuing with the light damage. The AI not being aggressive enough in Round 1 was kinda cruddy for me as it gave Barren the opportunity to turn it around. Round 3 proved that when they use the poles, they do what they were designed to do. That Paladin didn't know what was coming. I will need to modify this team I think.

My latest few teams have focused on higher damage and less disabling. Zotis, I think if your team was a bit tankier it might have done better. I feel like Magic Team tries to overwhelm in the first few turns and in this case, it worked. GG Zotis...really fun team you have there.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Barren

Malroth

hey CT5 do you think you could run both my co-op teams against eachother? they could use  good over anylisis

CT5Holy

Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Leif1991

April 12, 2014, 12:05:38 am #3193 Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 12:15:18 am by Leif1991

I totally deleted Finger Guard from Myrtle in the Team submission section by accident, my bad. Should be fixed now.
Still, I managed to pull off a victory. GG Otabo.

Barren, I learned to pronounce "Eucalyptus" "YOU-KA-LIP-TUS." It's a type of tree and a shade of the color green. :)
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

Otabo

If only the current samurai was there in place of the paladin it might have turned out differently. Healing Touch went through like six or seven revisions in two days, lol. But yeah - I knew that spellgunners would eat them up. At least THAT version of the team, anyway.

Barren

Zotis

Thanks for the match CT5 Holy.  Yeah, too bad they didn't really get to showcase though.  I might make a minor change or two, maybe get rid of Zombie like you suggested, but I won't do too much to them until I see them in some more matches.

Elmdork

woo! haven't had a feature in a while. rightfully so, i haven't been on too much, but as you can see i pop in often enough to see what's up. Thanks for posting, barren!

i haven't made any changes to them since they got destroyed the first time. that was pretty embarrassing. the ninja has a huge pool of JP that can be used for all kinds of neat stuff and the murasame isn't completely necessary, but does heal enough. the origional concept was to get funky scholars to proc awesomeness, but also i wanted them to be melee units. it kind of got a sub strategy of everyone being able to cause undead and then my team can 1hko them, but concentrate has been mirking my ninja's evade in the past few matches. the team is stuck in limbo between these two concepts with lots of jp and equip possibilities. they are definitely unfinished and should not be used until further notice.

GG Truelight! i was carrying silence as well, but priority as a healer seemed to take over... when they weren't silenced themselves. good ol' bahamut, if nothing elese, i can rely on one of those to go off every game. that is a step towards (personal) victory, but most everything else is a step back. 
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

TrueLight

GG Elmdor. My team got those Silence Songs in at the right time and the AOE from Leviathan was awesome. It was fun to see the Bahamut and Fire 2 proc from the 2 sworded Scholar. Always nice to see something different now and then.
  • Modding version: PSX

Barren

FFT Arena 1.38d - silentkaster (School) vs Zotis (Black Bog)

I only have 1 month of school left until finals but if anyone wants me to do a match for them. I will try to get it done before finals if not afterwards. PM me or post here just like you would to CT5Holy, TrueLight or Otabo