• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:30:06 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Help with fftpatcher!!!!!

Started by Black Knight Egroj, December 29, 2015, 07:56:49 am

Black Knight Egroj

Please help me, whenever i try to patch an already patched iso with fftpatcher all units disapear from cutscenes and the battlefield leaving only a shadow in the ground. Also i edited some unit names with fftactext but i doubt that is the problem. If anyone can help me i would be very apreciated , in america.
-Wait a minute, did you just summon a bunch of monsters in one turn?
-Yes, so?
-That is against the rules isn't it?
-Screw the rules I have money!!

3lric

What sprites did you change in Shishi or ENTD? you are calling a palette or sprite (more likely a Palette) that doesn't exist

Quote from: Black Knight Egroj on December 29, 2015, 07:56:49 am
in america.

• Modding version: PSX

Black Knight Egroj

I just edited the starting units on magic city gariland because i wanted to begin with a dark and onion knight in fft 1.3 . And the "in america" i was talking is bandit keith from ygotas.
-Yes, so?

Black Knight Egroj

Here , this is what is happening:
-Yes, so?

Black Knight Egroj

Please Elric , aswer faaaster ,im in a lan house....
-Yes, so?

Jumza

So you're patching an already modded ISO? Did you make sure to say open patched ISO at the start instead of make new patch? Because that could mess up a bunch of things. Did the patch work correctly before you tried doing this? If not, it could be a dirty ISO file.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Emmy

What Elric is saying is it might be possible that you're not pointing to the correct sprite or palette.

1. Open up Patcher, to the Entd.

2.  Look for "Sprite Set" which should be the first thing you see if you highlight the proper character.  The hex referring to it is offset by 1 from Shishi, but the character name listed on the slot should be the same as in Shishi.  Make sure that is pointed to the correct sprite slot that you had edited.

3.  Look for "Palette" which is under the Brave/Faith entries.  This refers to the page of the palette swap that you need.  Iirc that particular sprite only has one palette swap, in which case you want to set this to "0".  If you made additional swaps and you want to use the other ones, pick the number that refers to what you need.

Jumza

That could it be it for the enemies Emmy, but for the allies they have a set palette. idk how you borked it, but you did :P
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

Quote from: Black Knight Egroj on December 29, 2015, 09:33:47 am
Please Elric , aswer faaaster ,im in a lan house....

First, do not double (or in this case, triple post)

Second, nothing we do here is fast, if you are on a limited time, then what we do here may not be for you...

And yes, as I said, you either replaced the sprites for those units or removed them, or you switched the palette in the ENTD to a palette that does not exist in the spritesheet you are using.

Black Knight Egroj

First ,sorry for my triple post ,i am a brazilian so i have acquired some bad internet habits.
Second , thanks for your atention and your help elric, i have managed to fix my problem.
And finally third, do not say that what you guys do here are not for me , i have limited time because i do not have a computer yet but i can edit everything on the lan house and save everything on my phone to continue later.
-Yes, so?