• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:06:26 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Job Editing Help

Started by Markus1395, December 29, 2015, 05:53:26 am

Markus1395

Hello! I've just joined FF Hacktics after lurking a bit and downloading stuff for a while, and I just recently started using the Editing tools to create my own stuff.

I've mostly just been changing sprites (just to mix stuff up a little, I've played FFT at least once a year for the past almost 13 years), and then editing a couple of the jobs I'm personally not too fond of to something I would actually use, changing 5 (well, 6, but that's because of the Bard/Dancer differentiation) altogether. There were a few stumbling blocks, but it's been working perfectly up until changing the Samurai to a Holy Knight-type class. For some reason, none of the abilities are working. Whenever I try to use Judgement Blade or Cure (the only two I have unlocked on my save file at the moment), the range is only 1 space and has zero chance to hit. If I try to use it anyway, the game just plays a punch animation and whoever I was aiming at dodges. I've re-checked everything I could think to check, and everything looked fine to me. I then tried taking off the magic abilities, wondering if having magic and non-magic stuff with the same class was bugged for some reason, but to no avail. Any answers would be appreciated!

Sorry if this has been answered already, I searched around and found one poster mention the problem in passing and figuring out how to fix it, but they didn't give the solution in the thread. Thank you!

dw6561

Did you change the action menu to default instead of katana inventory? That might be the problem.
  • Modding version: PSX
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Markus1395

Yep, I dealt with that when I encountered a problem with making the Calculator more like Meliadoul's job. After I figured out what was going on there, I made sure the rest of the jobs that needed to be changed were changed as well, and I double-checked to make sure I had switched the Samurai after this started happening.

Jumza

Then the Draw Out skillset needs to be replaced with another one. There are a ton of blank skillsets in the game, just find one unused one, go to the jobs tab, replace the Samurai skillset with that one and put all the skills you want into that set. I think this may have some issues tied to it about learning abilities (I can't remember), but hopefully I'm remembering incorrectly :P
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Markus1395

December 30, 2015, 08:15:38 am #4 Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 08:22:40 am by Markus1395
So I tried the empty job approach, but unfortunately there is indeed a problem with learning skills. Namely, When I learn them, they don't show up in battle, haha. So I ultimately just put Samurai back to normal and instead used the Mystic/Oracle as my Holy Knight. I haven't had a chance to test it out yet, cuz I'm pretty burned out at the moment,  :lol:

So, couldn't get things to work out the way I wanted, but oh well. Thanks a ton, guys!

EDIT: Actually just tested it, it seems to be working!