• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:07:45 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Edit sprite interaction in cutscenes?

Started by DERIDEX120, December 07, 2015, 04:22:58 pm

DERIDEX120

I had considered that. But I dont know if file x belongs with the emulator or in a system directory.
I had tried other emulators beforehand,  and they seemed really complicated to set up.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Angel

Speaking from prior experience, it can actually either be in the appropriate Windows system directory, or in the same location as the emulator's .exe - I've had to do the latter with video drivers because I'm an AMD/ATi whore, and nobody writes programs to play nice with AMD/ATi, and AMD/ATi can't write proper video drivers to save their lives, so I had to keep a different set of drivers for 4 different programs in order for them to even work. Same principle works for all dlls, though; the executable will either look for it to be installed, or be in the same directory as itself for portability purposes. You can get the appropriate files from sites like dll-files.com, just make sure to say no to any offers and installers.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

DERIDEX120

Update: I got the emu to work. I started breaking down the iso for mods and I have a couple of questions.

1. In the text editor, where do you find the in-battle dialogue? Ive found how to change names mostly.

2. Is there a way I can get someone to animate a custom sprite? Or is there a better program to use other than mspaint at least?

Jumza

Quote from: DERIDEX120 on December 13, 2015, 10:53:27 pm
1. In the text editor, where do you find the in-battle dialogue? Ive found how to change names mostly.

2. Is there a way I can get someone to animate a custom sprite? Or is there a better program to use other than mspaint at least?

1. If you mean like events that's a whole other thing than FFTacText, you'll need to check out the event editing section!

2. Graphics Gale and Gimp are often recommended. It's still a buttload of work though.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Angel

When it comes to sprites, I swear by Photoshop until it comes to palettes, which is where Graphics Gale is god. You can do everything in Graphics Gale, though; I just spent tens of thousands of dollars learning Photoshop, and I'm determined to use it for everything.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

DERIDEX120

Ill get into operating those programs when I get off work if its freeware. Where do I find weapon palettes to modify them?

My gameplan is to mod each campaign event in order to my liking. After speech and scripting is done, I work on palettes and sprites, then debug. The trick here is doing them in order. (The maps and events seem to be layed out in those programs out of order.)
I figure with a spouse, a kid and full time job I might just be done in 12 years.

DERIDEX120

Sorry for the doublepost, but I was looking in the patcher under the animations tab. I saw a bunch of boxes, some of which are checked, but nothing to indicate what each of these boxes are. Should I just avoid this completely?

Jumza

Don't avoid it, play with it! If you don't feel like messing around with it, just find an ability with a current animation that you want (say you wanted Throw Stone to have the talk skill animation) look at the 3 boxes on the right side and copy those values to your new ability!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

DERIDEX120

Where are the item/weapon palettes located?
sorry for asking so many questions in one topic.

Emmy

Quote from: DERIDEX120 on December 14, 2015, 05:58:58 pm
Sorry for the doublepost, but I was looking in the patcher under the animations tab. I saw a bunch of boxes, some of which are checked, but nothing to indicate what each of these boxes are. Should I just avoid this completely?

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8352.msg165621#msg165621