• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:32:33 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

lot of questions(mostly about vampires)

Started by Lockeadon, November 12, 2015, 03:17:44 am

Lockeadon

November 12, 2015, 03:17:44 am Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 03:30:44 am by Lockeadon
1. is alma still being worked on/updated and is there a tutorial?
2. what happens if you set a drain ability to over 100%?
3. how to implement vampires p-damage absorb (and other abilities) ala bravely default?3b. can alma help me with vampires?
4. how to make undead always rise without making every job immortal (I'm pretty sure ffm did this one, but i can't find it) ?
5. how to make 'vampire' status not take control from player or forbid non-bite attacks?
6. are there formulae for drain ability or weapons other than for hp (aspel i know, but other stats and ability/rsm)?
7. how can i implement battle thirst when there's no direct equivalent? 7b. drain ct or something? 7c. is that even possible?
8. finally, how to implement the stuff they learn bluemage style; alot of which doesn't have direct equivalent? obviously, they need a second skillset to not overflow their main set.
refs
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire_(Bravely_Default)
http://www.gameskinny.com/ckidv/bravely-default-vampire-classjob-guide

3lric

Quote from: Lockeadon on November 12, 2015, 03:17:44 am
1. is alma still being worked on/updated and is there a tutorial?

Ask Pokeytax, (or simply look at the date of his last entry, or the date he posted anything period) and if there isn't a tutorial in the thread (which I'm kinda assuming you read) then no.

2. what happens if you set a drain ability to over 100%?

Try it and find out?

4. how to make undead always rise without making every job immortal (I'm pretty sure ffm did this one, but i can't find it) ?

There is an ASM for it somewhere on the forum. Jot5 uses it.

5. how to make 'vampire' status not take control from player or forbid non-bite attacks?

ASM Hacking

7. how can i implement battle thirst when there's no direct equivalent? 7b. drain ct or something? 7c. is that even possible?

That's up to you, it's your idea.

8. finally, how to implement the stuff they learn bluemage style; alot of which doesn't have direct equivalent? obviously, they need a second skillset to not overflow their main set.

Um? No? Blue Mage wouldn't need a second skillset, because if you are doing Blue Mage, then ALL their skills should be monster skills learned on hit. How many monsters do you have in your mod, and do you really want a blue mage to be able to learn ALL of them? Seems pretty OP to me... One move per monster type works out quite well. (again citing Jot5) The only skills a Blue Mage should have are enemy skills and then their RSM and such.
  • Modding version: PSX

Lockeadon

thanks for the quick reply. that's good to know and gives me a basic idea of where to find that asm. you're right, drain ct sure looks to be the closest equivalent to battle thirst, so i'll at least try to implement it that way and hopefully it won't be too op. ill let you know how over 100% drain works out(one of vampires support ability double drain ability damage). i haven't change the monsters much, though a handful had their class abilities moved around between types. in BD, vampires drain stats and some other stuff, but they are also have blue mage-ish skills they learn bluemage style(more or less) which gives them more versatility and having that second function is why they need a second skillset, because they have 14 including support ability in their main set, and there's a bunch of bluemage stuff they can use. if i put their main ability (mostly drain and charm moves) in their main set, and their bluemage stuff in another set, would make it less crouded, it's replace my old bluemage, so sets there

Lockeadon

bit of an update, still can't find that asm that makes undead always rise

3lric

theultrawolf

Doesn't it come with the latest version of FFTorgASM?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Lockeadon

doesn't the orgasm version makes one either rot or revive immediately? i want them to revive with no chance of rotting, and without making them invincible due to immune crystal and treasure

Emmy

If you want an undead to always rise, make it immune to Crystal/Treasure and use that asm that makes things rot or revive immediately.  It will revive after reaching 0 and counting down to its turn again.

If you want an undead to rot or revive (50/50 chance) as normal, do nothing.

If you want a unit to rerise after every turn, innate reraise and not being undead will do it.

If you want something to be immortal and not rot at all, immortal flag it or make it not undead + immune Crystal/Treasure.

Any other options besides these would require a custom ASM.  (not even quite sure what you're asking for)

Lockeadon

if i did the first suggestion, every class would be immortal. second option, i know, i'm trying to make undead more beneficial to make up for not being able to heal normally. admittedly i could make the vampire class specifically immune those, but then it would only be that class, trapping the unit from switching job. three doesn't really help the situation. immortal flagging would be nice, but doesn't help the situation either. the asm i want already exists, it was used in jot5. i couldn't find it so i asked here. elric said he would post it here but obviously didn't.

Xifanie

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Lockeadon

November 25, 2015, 04:48:00 am #11 Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 05:02:32 am by Lockeadon
thanks xifi! for some reason, i can never find what i'm looking for with the search function here lol