• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:40:54 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

my thief sprite

Started by alvercaine, February 21, 2012, 11:47:58 am

alvercaine

February 21, 2012, 11:47:58 am Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:00:50 pm by alvercaine
 :mrgreen: hey people! i'm at my first sprite, i wasnt happy at all with the basic thief in fft, so i made my own.
the only problem i got, is that shishi put my portrait in balck, and when i uncheck the "use pallete for portrait",it appears, but
shishi doesnt seems to remember that choice......any way to correct the black portrait thingy (i searched really long for a solution)

3lric

You don't have a separate Palette for the portrait which is needed. The portrait does not use the same palette as the sprite itself
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Also, post the sprite and port at separate files, with double the sizes next to it, that way we can see it clearer and give more opinions.

Welcome aboard!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

alvercaine

February 21, 2012, 12:49:00 pm #3 Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:56:35 pm by alvercaine
thanks. i can do the palette thing with graphic gale? cause i had a hard time figure how to do 2 palettes on 1 bmp with photoshop or paint....then i'll repost them bigger.

there the original portrait (before paint and toshop colors messed up) and the bigger sprites

Lijj

How'd it get all purplish in this post? The colors on the sprite look better in the first post. There are some holes in the sprite on the front facing frame. The portrait could use some work to make it have more depth and fit into the game better.
Here's a link to a guide for inserting a portrait and the palette for it: http://ffhacktics.com/tutorials.php?id=10
  • Modding version: PSX

alvercaine

my bad, the purplish thing, is because of paint, i forgoten to save in 24 bits and not 256 colors. i hav another portrait ready, but i'll learn how to palette properly first, thanks for the link