• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:04:47 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Heroebal

Nice with all the frog procs to start, luckily the berserker paladins make for nice bait. Chemists getting frogged( or any other status infliction) would have been really bad for me. I originally tried to set up the paladins with (damage split/regen/move-hp up) type combo so that your units essentially take themselves out when they attack the paladins, but I couldn't get DS to go off reliably enough even at 70/70 fury/faith.

fallenstarz101

Me Vs shintroy
Oh well I guess my holiday team is not aweful but still not good enough...  Some modifications are to be made hehehe :lol: and another team will be produced on Sunday night or Monday afternoon and that team I will try HARDER to make a team that won't get ROFL-stomped into le cement gg!
hello!

Shintroy

Caster Mime vs Cover Fire Mime
I only see the wizard being a threat so GL me.

R1 - Horrible map for reasons Barren mentioned at the start. The round also took longer than it should've due to neither of our team getting getting mimic positioning. Sloppy round on both sides.

R2 - I'm not aware of fallenstarz's abilities, but the mimes definitely could've did more in this round since they had the range advantage with their secondaries.

GG. Would like to see your teams more optimized fallenstarz
Some day my people will be free.

Shintroy

Ranged/Status vs balanced team.
My money goes to silentkaster since he has SP and MA stacking and I'm a fan of attribute boosting. DW is more likely to win due to the status potential of the team.

R1 - Pretty even match. silentkaster's team ended up wasting more turns at the end with the healing staff healer and the phoenix down sandbag loop. Really annoying loop, but GJ to DW for maintaining control.

R2 - Larger map so I think silentkaster will take this one due to his thief most likely getting 15 speed at the start. Summon magic on this map worked out great. GG

R3 - I guess the reason R1 was so even was due to the archer having the high ground the entire match and keeping that samurai down. AoE and Holy take another round.

GG I prefer 10+ speed oracles over slow ones. I used to make the mistake of making them slower than I needed since I was so used to the whole "make your time mage go last" thing. Fast oracles are so good.

dw6561

Looks like they couldn't macgyver their way through that squire's evasion...We took round one because we killed everyone but that squire, and DS wouldn't land on my squire. On round three my Oracle and Chemist dropped and the squire got DS'd, so we couldn't come back. GG man, you broke my winning streak.
  • Modding version: PSX
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

CT5Holy

gg indeed. Only reason I even got a round was the huge swing off of charm -> sinkhole.

Thanks for all the videos Barren and TrueLight!
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Shintroy

December 03, 2015, 11:05:45 pm #4667 Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 12:24:08 am by Shintroy
Mime/Draw Out vs High speed
Looks like Barren will have the advantage on smaller maps. Slow and charm will be the deciding factor imo.
R1 - One of the worst maps for mimic. Early charm on my Samurai on top of the speed advantage made this unwinnable. RIP.
R2 - Shiva caused a lot of wasted turns for Barren, not that it mattered that much due to his speed advantage. Pretty sloppy on both sides imo. Didn't notice the death sentence mime.
R3 - Good start for Barren , but lucky awareness comes through for the mediator twice keeping me in the match. My mimic damage kept the the turn advantage even.

GG.  Definitely not a fluke since I had awareness to cover side and frontal attacks. Definitely going to consider changing 108 gems to either genji or magic gauntlet

Dragonblade seems to have the advantage due to being more versatile, but fallenstarz has a mime. I never bet against mime, even if it's mime on mime.

R1 - Looked like Dragonblade was off to a great start, but the water 2, mimic, earth slash combo for the triple kill. Pretty brutal.

R2 - loving the 2 move lancer and I think Dragon Whisker's a better investment for large and medium sized maps. Loving the snipe mime with cover fire for black magic positioning. A shame about the time mage..... No MP restoration? WELP!

R3 - Cover Fire uses MP, but the Monk still uses quickening? Looks like I'm going to have to test more mime builds because I thought quickening and other buff/attribute abilities weren't usable if the mime had MP spending abilities. Great round for fallenstarz. Dragonblade's bad mobility lined him up perfectly for cover fire and water 2.

GG. Definitely going to try out a cover fire mime in the near future.

Good stuff CT5. I forgot today's date. Too much worrying about Cloud in Smash bros and Mcgregor vs Aldo.

Does anyone know if Really Bad Breath had a match before? I've only caught up on matches uploaded to youtube so I wouldn't know if they had a match on stream. Welcome back Dol.
----------
I'll need to see Lockdown against a team that doesn't use death sentence. This is the second win against barren where I won due to Gold Armor.Not my fault though since everyone knows the risk you take when you use death sentence. Chakra Band with silence and petrify protection is too good to pass up.

Barren

The gold armor not being immune to death sentence was one of the reasons why I felt you got really lucky. Like I said almost a fluke win because of the equip oversight. Not your fault I know but it did play a factor in your win. Plus the lucky dodges were just that lucky. No other way you could have won. But there is always next time
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Shintroy

But the only reason I lost the first round was due to the map making it a borderline 3v4 or 3.5v4 due to mimic being nearly impossible to position due to all the empty panels. Charm turned it into 2.5v5 at best too lol. No shame in losing to mime. I don't think a rematch would be much different since I think I have the advantage on medium and large maps while your team should be able to destroy mines on a smaller.

Also for evasion. Mantles don't cover the front and sides right? I only gave the mediator awareness due to her having an H Bag and mainly being a charm and sleep bot. Didn't want her to waste turn refuting herself with the finger guard reaction. Not sure how to update the team since it was put up against a death sentence unit/team. Can't wait for another match.

CT5Holy

Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

dw6561

First of all, I already tried counter magic on the mediators and the JP didn't work out right. Second, preach works through finger guard? That is the one reason why I avoided it, but if that actually works through finger guard then I can vastly improve things. Regenerator wasn't a random filler choice either- I picked it because it counters poison which would mess up reraise which I WANTED the paladin to use on the mediators so they get up, preach, run, restore HP with move-HP Up, and become relevant again. That was the plan, but some plans don't work out right...

They definitely consistantly preach themselves in critical if they have no other buffs, too. They even preach each other if one of them is injured and not close enough to attack. I tested this too, which is why I reserve the right to be mad at the AI right now. :P

Sorry if I sound a little ticked off about that, just had to get that off my shoulders. I still won of course, but I'll have to see another real match to judge whether I actually need to change anything or not.

GG Reks, btw. Oracle did a good job acting as a distraction for my mediators in the first round, being one-shottable and all after raise.

I had way too much fun with this match. That thief build gave me an idea to build upon. Also, poor shrodinger's monk. GG.

Reks

Quote from: Barren on December 05, 2015, 10:10:39 am
FFT Arena 1.39c - Celdia (Team Celdie :D) vs Dol (Stream 2)

FFT Arena 1.39c - Reks (Mantle Gears) vs dw6561 (You've Been Naughty Son)

Thanks for the match, Barren!

Team functions how I want them to.

Geo has Counter Magic and a decent amount of magic evade to punish status mages, but it also works as an impromtu Counter Flood too.

I wanted the Chemist to be a little unorthodox, so I picked Yin Yang over Talk Skill. That and he's more effective against mages.

GG dw~

Your team looks pretty competent!
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

dw6561

The chokepoint on the first map really kept me from moving forward, and the second map was kind of the same. Plus the RNG did not side with me that time...Ouch.

Mime definitely needs some silence protection because silence song had a huge impact onthe status output of my team. And oil status working on everything except holy/dark really confuses me sometimes, silly me...But I also wanted the geo to not block koutetsu heals and forgot that other shields also have only 5% magic evade. GG.

Andrew

December 05, 2015, 03:47:04 pm #4675 Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 06:38:57 am by Andrew
Hey, everybody, I had some free time today, so I recorded some matches!  I won't be doing this every day like before, but when I do post some, EVERY active player will be used!  If there are less than 10 active players, then I will use random, non-active players to fill in the gaps.  I'll be using the most recently-updated teams, and if there have been no changes made, then I'll just let RNGesus decide.  Sorry, Rouroni, but I won't be using Ban Hammer (for obvious reasons :P), so it'll be the next one down.  Maps will only be used once per post.  Enjoy!  :)

EDIT: The match-ups were randomized, per the usual.

FFT Arena 1.39c: Barren (Very Hasty - Yellow)  -=VS=-  CT5Holy (Fervor - White)

FFT Arena 1.39c: Heroebal (Paladins From Hell - Red)  -=VS=-  Dol (Heretic - Black)

FFT Arena 1.39c: Rouroni Elmdor (Intergalactic real estate agents - Green)  -=VS=-  TrueLight (Dice Roll - Brown)

FFT Arena 1.39c: Shintroy (Lockdown - Black)  -=VS=-  Gaignun (Where is Your God Now? - Yellow)

FFT Arena 1.39c: Reks (Mantle Gear - Blue)  -=VS=-  Celdia (Team Celdie :D - Green)

FFT Arena 1.39c: White Knight Wiegraf (Storm - Yellow)  -=VS=-  Dragonblade (Armored Fruits - Black)

FFT Arena 1.39c: dw6561 (Zombie + Seal Evil - Black)  -=VS=-  reinoe (Masculine Mages - White)

FFT Arena 1.39c: silentkaster (Dead Last - Yellow)  -=VS=-  Corosar (Elemental Ravagers - Red)

FFT Arena 1.39c: twistedmime009 (Matter - Black)  -=VS=-  fallenstarz101 (Holi-Haze - Red)

FFT Arena 1.39c: fpkfor (None of your business - Blue)  -=VS=-  Mudvayne (Bring The Pain - Black)

The rounds will always go as follows:

Round 1 = medium-sized maps
Round 2 = large/small-sized maps
Tiebreaker = medium-sized maps

The maps are randomly-selected (www.random.org) from a modified list of the maps that Gaignun deemed worthy in this thread: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8608.0.  Maps will only be used once per post.

I randomize who fights who, as well.  Once an active player (within the last couple of months or so) is selected, I then pick the most recently-updated team; if no changes have been made, then I'll just let the RNG decide.  If there are an uneven amount of active players, then the odd one out will fight a completely-random player, active or not!  If there are less than 10 active players, then I will use random, non-active players to fill in the gaps.

Zalmo won't like this one bit, but... RNGesus is the true god.  Sorry to break it to ya, man.

(Also, I'm always updating the memory card generator's team list, which can be downloaded in this thread: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11117.0.)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3RK1n2ZPqxk8wZdG8-wyng
- Additional team information can be found on YouTube in the description section for each match.
- The embedded videos only run in 720p30.  If you want 720p60, you will have to watch them on YouTube.

Shintroy

Time to comment on the videos I watched.
With so many new and returning plays you did a good job in recording so many of these at once Andrew. Thanks a lot bro.

High Speed vs AOE
Interesting match up. I'm a fan of heavy aoe teams like Ban Hammer. CT5Holy should have the advantage on large and medium sized maps. Hopefully Barren gets to play on a small map or decent medium sized map though. Andrew's map order favors teams with range and AoE more.

R1 - Great map for CT5 Holy. Barren got put on the defensive hard. Strong Bio 2 too. Great to see that spell get some usage. Dominating round.

R2 - RIP another large map. No contest here.

GG. Would've at least probably had a round 3 with a small map. Ban Hammer and any All target spell team is too strong with your map size selection Andrew

Balanced Team vs Cover Fire
I'm a fan of cover fire and Truelight teams more than I'm a fan of balanced teams. I do think Rouroni has the advantage here thouh. He has charm and he should be able to take out that summoner easily.

R1 - Counter Magic Shiva into 400 damage Gallet Gun. Domination followed.
R2 - cool 216 Cover Fire. I think Martial Arts Monk + Cover Fire would be better. Not really a fair round since Saiyans grow stronger with every battle. Truelight didn't do well in R1 so he definitely didn't have a shot against the stronger saiyans in R2.

GG.

Innocent.... Looks like a struggle. I won't count myself out since it's a near 13 minute video.
R1 - Man, my team held in there when I didn't want it to. Was hoping this would be a three round battle, but since this round took so long it looks like a two rounder. I knew Refute would be a problem, but not this much. Would've been better if she had attempted more sleeps and charm instead.
R2 - Close round, but it came down to the mediator against the archer. The ONLY way she could've won this is if she kept him charmed and slept and built herself up to 20+ speed and bagged him to death.

Good Game. I knew the mediator would cause a problem sooner or later. I'll definitely fix her up as soon as I can.

Great matches. Requesting a fight for Really Bad Breath while I update Lockdown. I thought about just giving the mime cover fire as seen in fallenstarz's team, but I don't want to miss out on masamune, bizen boat, and murasame. Making the mediator fit in seems like a challenge.

dw6561

Oracles hogged the spotlight. Also the Blood Sword thief kept getting slammed with status so he couldn't do his thing.

My team obviously works fine, but it needs some reworks as well just like the preach team. I probably need to bring the oracles up to 10 speed to match the thieves so the thieves can go after zombie.

Corosar

welp... that didn't turn out well at all.. i have no idea what went wrong there... other than my lancer not jumping on people... or me being simply too slow to fight back... i will have to figure this one out.

In other news... i am back now.. sorry i have been away for so long.. just been feeling rather out of it for no reason. I hope to update my teams soon.
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

fpkfor

Thank you Andrew, thats a lot of matches^^