• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:32:37 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

dw6561

November 05, 2015, 06:40:22 pm #4621 Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:49:05 pm by dw6561

...Ouch.

If it weren't for round 1 being a blow out and if I had phoenix down on that chemist like I originally intended, there probably would have been a round three. Death going off on a sufficiently large map would have been a crucial start for me, and the frog proc was unfortunate. Remember how I said that wizard was extremely dangerous? I retain my opinion. Although, hilarious ending with the chemist being petrified at the end. Redirect was denied, then petrify. GG twistedmime009.
  • Modding version: PSX
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

twistedmime009

thanks Barren for the advice!
:mrgreen: it kinda disappointed me how i put bracer abandon on EVERYTHING(have only myself to blame for that one)but none the less at least i know that im doing something right with one team  :mrgreen:
butter toast,butter toast,butter toast -ed

fallenstarz101

my first match vs  white knight wiegraf
Well that was great....my summoner wanted to be a time mage and my thief just sucked.......OK
GG WKW
hello!

Barren

If you want to improve your team fallenstarz101, I have a couple of ideas for ya

Player: fallenstarz101
Team: test
Palettes: Green/Blue

================================

Crybaby
Male
Pisces
Lancer
Item
Dragon Spirit
Overwhelm/Throw Item
Ignore Height
Holy Lance
Escutcheon II
Crystal Helmet/Gold Helmet
Diamond Armor
Battle Boots/Sprint Shoes/Feather Mantle/Leather Mantle/Wizard Mantle

Level Jump6, Vertical Jump5
Hi-Potion, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Bandage, Phoenix Down

Banshee
Female
Virgo
Oracle
White Magic
Auto Potion
Short Charge
Move-MP UP
Octagon Rod/Rainbow Staff

Holy Miter/Black Hood
Linen Robe/White Robe
Defense Ring

Petrify
Cure 2, Raise 2, Esuna

Shadow Weaver
Female
Virgo
Summoner
Time Magic
Counter Magic
Short Charge
Teleport
Ice Rod/Flame Rod/Thunder Rod/Rainbow Staff

Black Hood/Holy Miter
Robe of Lords/Black Robe
Reflect Ring/Defense Ring

Moogle, Shiva/Ifrit/Ramuh, Fairy, Carbunkle
Haste 2, Slow 2, Comet/Sinkhole

Silence
Female
Serpentarius
Thief
Snipe
Speed Save
Equip Ranged
Move-HP Up
Ice Bow/Lightning Bow

Thief Hat/Black Hood
Black Costume
Cursed Ring

Quickening, Steal Heart, Steal Accessry
Arm Aim, Seal Evil, Execute

A couple of reasons why is because like TrueLight said having an item bot lancer is usually an ideal way to go if you're looking for a armored chemist. Overwhelm would help with your lancer's damage with jumps and pokes. Throw Item can help your lancer reach his allies without getting right next to them. Of course Throw Item doesn't allow your lancer to do more damage. If you chose overwhelm, you can either give him battle boots for better move and power because your lancer could use the movement range. Sprint shoes on the other hand while doesn't grant him better move gives him better speed and speed is important for landing jumps on time. If you choose throw item then feather/leather mantle would be best since you want dragon spirit to go off more often. Plus if you give your lancer throw item you should invest it into more status curing items like antidote and echo grass. Again it's up to you if you want more of an offensive lancer or a defensive lancer. Both can play their roles well. The crystal helm and diamond armor are there because together it prevents don't move/ don't act/ poison and berserk. Last thing you want on a item bot is berserk. Of course gold helmet + wizard mantle can get that done too. Preventing sleep, frog and don't act.

Your oracle just needs to drop cure 3 for cure 2 then I would give her esuna after that. Esuna is very important for getting rid of status effects from a distance and can hit more than one ally. I do like the octagon rod choice for frog procs. Rainbow staff is another option if you're going to use defense ring because rainbow staff prevents oil and defense ring gives you wind and lightning absorption. Oil can reverse the absorption into a weakness thus taking twice the amount of damage from that particular element. If you're not planning on having elemental absorb then reflect ring would be fine because you can have spells bounce off of you, get a point in MA and prevent berserk. Black Hood is there for the HP and white robe just gives you good fire/ice/lightning resistance.

Your summoner also just needs a few tweaks herself. 108 gems like he said is a bit of a waster since you're only boosting one element. If you want to use shiva more effectively use ice rod. Ice rod boosts ice damage. Then again reflect ring if you want to prevent berserk. Black hood is fine because it needs the HP and RoL is fine for a huge MP boost and prevents silence. I would also add in either comet incase the enemy can resist any elemental spells or want to simply cancel sandbag. Comet is good for a quick 100 damage. Sinkhole is just if you want to prevent spells from hitting.

And finally your thief whom I think needed the most reworked. For one, if you want to take advantage of the thief's high speed with cursed ring, giving it black costume prevents fire weakness from the cursed ring. Thief hat is okay because it gives the thief more speed, but if you simply add quickening as the only MP using move then your thief should have black hood instead because black hood gives the thief 30 MP plus its innate 20 MP, that's 3 uses of quickening your thief can get off. Plus if you are using equip ranged then giving her either ice or lightning bow grants her 2 MA which means better chances of charm. Arm Aim and Seal Evil are also good abilities to have. Steal Accessory is good for thieves to be annoying and execute is a free and unavoidable anti-sandbag move that puts down enemies stuck in critical. And finally swapping out move+1 for move-hp up is the best move to make (no pun intended) because if/when your thief gets back up from being undead and the hp is low, flee activates since that's their innate ability can run far away while recovering hp and likely to get your thief out of critical status so it can attack again.

Those are my suggestions personally for you on the changes to make for your team.
You dare cross blades with me?

fallenstarz101

If anyone has time can i see a match against twistedmime009 i wanna kick his butt :lol:
hello!

twistedmime009

November 08, 2015, 10:16:55 pm #4627 Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 10:30:21 pm by twistedmime009
Please, as if u could beat me :roll: BTW i love the name of that mime on your team it would fit better as fallen loser tho :cool:
i even have a new team for just an occasion :mrgreen:

Kurosabes

Actually in the stream CT5 did tonight, the first match had both of you in action against each other. The FFT stream's over now but you can check out the record here or alternatively CT5 should be uploading it to youtube later on as well.
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

CT5Holy

Quote from: White Knight Wiegraf on November 09, 2015, 12:21:17 am
Actually in the stream CT5 did tonight, the first match had both of you in action against each other. The FFT stream's over now but you can check out the record here or alternatively CT5 should be uploading it to youtube later on as well.

Indeed, and here they are:

Part 1 (fallenstarz101 vs twistedmime009 is the first match here)
Part 2
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

twistedmime009

fallenstarz101

:lol: for all that talk, and you go off and lose hahahaha!
now we know i am the better team builder
hello!

Reks

Please do keep it civil, now

Besides, you'll need more than one simple match to decide the better team builder overall, since you both seem fairly new and won't have learned all the odds and ends yet
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Shintroy

Being 1-0 is better than being 0-1 though. Nothing wrong with a little rivalry.
I am the greatest Dancer user in arena history because I have no losses as a dancer.

Also I'll watch those matches eventually. Me gramps broke his hip last week and I haven't been paying attention to youtube or arena.
Some day my people will be free.

fallenstarz101

even though I'm in no position to be giving advice, i think your team would perform better if your black mage had a way to absorb the water damage she was dishing out :D
hello!

dw6561

November 11, 2015, 10:51:54 pm #4635 Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 09:18:37 am by dw6561
Guess what? Matches!

https://youtu.be/MDpRJHeznJ4 - Heroebal (Windly Embrace) vs. Mudvayne (Bring The Pain)

https://youtu.be/R0gXVoMY3n4 - dw6561 (Oiled Again) vs. silentkaster (Randomness)

There's a bit of a framerate issue at times, but please cut me some slack because these are my first videos. And yes I do realize Bring The Pain just had a match already, but only after recording the video. I guess they get two matches then. I hope you guys don't mind.

EDIT: Oopsies, the videos should now start at 0:00. My mistake!

silentkaster

...And that's why I don't like making absorb teams. They never seem to work out well for me. One hit KO's all over the place destroyed me. GG.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

dw6561

I thought your team design was kind of cool actually. The counter magic/Blast gun healing was a neat idea. It didn't help that my wizard was spamming Flare every turn, probably just because she could kill a unit with it. GG.

Speaking of which, my team is really diverting from the "oil" theme I had going (probably because the chemists spamming hawk's eye weren't working out and the Archer prioritizes Arm Aim over Hawk's Eye now). Oil is a game changer, that's probably why there are not many ways to inflict it reliably and it should probably stay that way. Maybe I should rename it to something else.

Heroebal

Pretty back and forth even match up for the most part. Larger/mid-sized maps my crew was able to single out his units and the close maps his team was able to heal away the damage until the procs started to land in his favor. I was surprised to take the first map since my geo's decided to stick to the checker titles in which they don't have elementals for, also lucky they didn't get frogged from mud's geo. The 2nd map Mud's units got smart and started focusing on my archers instead of the high evasion geo's .   

I'll probably try to get the next set of battle royal matches up over the weekend sometime, been a bit busy this week. Also did quite a bit of them in a short time span I might spread them out to just like once/twice a week to not over do it and give ppl a chance to view them.