• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:09:08 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Heavy Metal X-Men Sprites

Started by Metal, January 11, 2014, 07:22:37 pm

Metal

February 09, 2014, 06:20:25 pm #20 Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 02:51:29 am by Metal

Added Elektra. Also Updated Wolverine, added claws to his casting animation and some new arms... Something wierd happens with this one when i attack though. In the attack animations his character gets all split up and bar-code looking. Any idea why this happens? i can't figure it out.... :(

CONMAN

QuoteIn the attack animations his character gets all split up and bar-code looking.
I'm not sure.  I seem to recall having this same problem once and can't remember why.... I think you need to shade Wolvie's head a bit.  I need to download it and look closer but it appears to be a single shade of yellow in most angles.

Quotesome new arms
Curious where you got them.  I wanted to suggest that you use the arms from the green ranger as a base.  It has the perfect shoulder pads.

Man- you love that succubus as a base (for good reason I might add).  I was toying with idea of using it for the scarlet witch....
  • Modding version: PSX

Metal

February 10, 2014, 02:02:14 am #22 Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 02:22:58 am by Metal
QuoteI think you need to shade Wolvie's head a bit.
Yea wolverine was the 1st sprite i attempted and it's pretty rough and wretched looking atm, every time i try and mess with him i get frustrated at how crappy he looks and bounce to another sprite to cool down! lol. On the up-side i do have a couple free slots for extra colors... Will check out green ranger arms too thx 4 the tip man!
QuoteMan- you love that succubus as a base (for good reason I might add).
LOL i knew someone was going to point that out sooner - or - later. I really only intended on using it for psylocke and couldn't resist the easy edit for mystique, i had no plan of even making an elektra either... was just too easy, haha.

QuoteCurious where you got them.
Yanked them from the zack fair sprite someone here did.

Im still putting it off but i wanna make a nightcrawler sprite soon, not sure how im going to work in the tail... might even be a MON sprite, sorta lookin' for ideas. Scarlet witch would be pretty effin awesome, start it up lemme know if you need a lazy second eye

Choto

I know how you feel, some sprites just drive you mad trying to find a direction. With the wolverine one, it seems the 2 colors on his noggin are much too close. I barely noticed there were 2 until I pulled up magnifixer. I'm sure you're doing this already but make sure you have as many references up as you can while you work, it only helps.

It would be a metric kilo-shit-ton of work, but with effects you can put custom sprite animations on the effect sheet. It would be so cool to do a well-done X-Men hack with all custom animations like that and everything.... but way too much work for any sane person.

Metal

February 10, 2014, 10:39:48 pm #24 Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 03:27:25 am by Metal
Quotewith effects you can put custom sprite animations on the effect sheet. It would be so cool to do a well-done X-Men hack with all custom animations like that and everything.... but way too much work for any sane person.
Good thing im nuts, and mabey I can pick up some help along the way.

Thx for celes LJJ !
QuoteFrankensprite it; adore it; loathe it; fap to it.. whatever:
Check, check check and check.

Rogue:

KittyPryde/Shadowcat:

Majik:

Set a couple of rogues pallettes to match her alternate comic book costumes. Since shadowcat and majik already look very similar (even in the comics) think i will try and add majik with her metal arm and leg, possibly even horns? dunno. Mabey even change the hair too, lemme know what you guys think!

Luiakyn

No Omega Red? >: O

Very nice stuff :3

Lijj

Aww yeah.. I was hoping she'd be the perfect X-Lady base with those tight-ass pants.
Majik looks very good.

Seushiro

So I tried one and man you guys are awesome for being able to do whole sheets. Making Marvel characters into FFT form is way harder than I thought and I even gave up. O__O

Here is my attempt at Cyclops in Jim Lee style (Note to self ninja arms are puffy replace with squire when using as base) Only got it done til the front walking frames

CONMAN

I had left Thor alone for a while to see if if you wanted to mess with him anymore Heavy Metal.  I had struggled several times to make a  half way decent helmet.  I just feel like Thor needs that damn thing, or he's just another generic knight type.  Thankfully, with a couple of tiny changes I used from a Seushiro helmet, I feel like the god of thunder can take shape.  This is what I have so far....

Metal

ooo i really like the helmet concept bro! a-lot more thor-ish! it's been a while since i have had time to mess with anything. love where your going with it though. i will be back - in - action soon! finish it!

Fosil

May 25, 2014, 01:33:27 pm #30 Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 01:41:38 pm by Fosil
I wanted to contribute to this. I have a full sprite sheet for her, but this is by far the best to show at the moment. (Have to head out for a few hours.)

(Edit: I don't mean for her eyes to be red. I hope to condense the palette a little to add a blue. Though I do have 14 colors, including black.)

Kagebunji

Heh, I would prefer a diagonal side view instead, but this is nice too. Frame looks good, bu it's the diagonal view that matters the most, so let's get some of that :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

CONMAN

That looks like a good start Fosil!  Kage is right about the diagonal front/back frames are the most important.  It looks like you have the female summoner cape behind her which is interesting.  I wanted to make a Storm sprite a few months ago (it got tossed on the back burner with about a half a dozen other sprites), but mine didn't look as nice as yours (especially the head)!

I had one issue that kept me from making this character (And i had a similiar one with a Maleficent).  Namely- the weird cape she sometimes wears.  I often see her with a funky arm cape.... wings arms? see below.

BTW Metal, have you consider how quick of a recolor/tweaking Titan could be turned into Hulk?  He already attacks with his classic two armed smash!

Fosil

May 25, 2014, 07:11:42 pm #33 Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 12:11:09 am by Fosil
I apologize in advance. I just can't work on any other view until the palette and facing-view are well-done. But, I am happy with it, currently.

Keep in mind, her outer cape will be the dark blue like her costume as well. The red is just for the inner cape (and contrast). I'm really fond of Storm's X-Treme costume, so I feel it fits nicely.

Note: I've yet to work on anything else in the sheet since adjusting the palette. So, the sheet contains more than 16 colors.

For the base sprite, I used Balmafra/Balmafula. Hair is from Ajora. Borrowed colors from the following: Female Mime (white) Ovelia (red inner cape), Female Dark Knight (blues), Rapha/Marach (skin tones), and gold from Zelda.

Edit: Made changes to the front-facing. (Shifted breasts up, shifted chongo longo down, to give her more of a mid-section) And began a diagonal. Going to sleep now. Will update later!

Metal

I LOVE YOU FOSIL! been considering a storm sprite for a while now... just havn't gotten around to it. your spritesheet is lookin' amazing too keep it up! im not sure what i think about her hair in the front view though. it looks kinda like a turban. I considered the titan rework of hulk too, him + thing would be a really cool transformation from that and wouldn't take much work. Im messin' around with deadpool ideas right now. havn't gotten much down but here's what i have if you wanna check it out.

Seushiro

Quote from: Metal on May 26, 2014, 01:08:30 am
Im messin' around with deadpool ideas right now. havn't gotten much down but here's what i have if you wanna check it out.

1st unedited frame looks like Dare Devil. for the 2nd and walking frames. I would say this is awesome as you got Dead Pool down :)

Metal

Thanks a-lot! Didn't take very long at all really. Will finish this one up soon, and it's funny you mentioned daredevil. I was considering just using this template for dare-devil/spider-man and dead-pool. Let you guys know what i come up with!

Also, i tried to load your spritesheet fosil. but with no luck... im not sure why it wasn't loading but the colors were all messed up... do you think you can upload a bmp or the .spr instead?

Elric

Quote from: Metal on May 28, 2014, 07:32:08 pm
Also, i tried to load your spritesheet fosil. but with no luck... im not sure why it wasn't loading but the colors were all messed up... do you think you can upload a bmp or the .spr instead?

It's a PNG. Use something like GraphicsGale to turn it into a BMP. Works fine for me.

Metal

QuoteIt's a PNG. Use something like GraphicsGale to turn it into a BMP. Works fine for me.

Yea was just being lazy. found out with the file-size can only use it for priest n stuff tho. Got it to work now however, i like where he's going with it! minus the tiara.

Elric

Quote from: Metal on May 28, 2014, 11:49:50 pm
Yea was just being lazy. found out with the file-size can only use it for priest n stuff tho.

Um no? If its TYPE 2 change the slot you wanna insert it to to TYPE 2 in shishi (SEQ and SHP) same goes for TYPE1 and MON
lol

(unless you are doing something wonky like editing WotL or something)