Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen/RetroArch is recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Patch Ideas Proposal Thread  (Read 13944 times)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
The Puppet ---Master---
Elric (Overseer) [Posts: 3799]
  • View Profile
  • Youtube Channel
  • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bones42
  • [June 12, 2017, 12:06:10 PM]
Re: Patch Ideas Proposal Thread
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2017, 12:06:10 PM »
How are you still alive?

• Modding version: PSX
  • <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.
    Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other
    I'm my own mind-altering substance
    dotchan [Posts: 14]
    • View Profile
    • Dot's Concept Space
    • [June 12, 2017, 01:36:53 PM]
    « Reply #121 on: June 12, 2017, 01:36:53 PM »
    Deeper Dungeon: 100(?) floors of randomness - you can get encounter battles (with monsters getting tougher as the floors increase), story battles, or shops.  Jobs can be unlocked classically or (possibly, IDK how hard this would be to code) as rewards after certain floors, and special characters can join as well.

Every 10th floor is a Zodiac monster (with level-appropriate stats) and Elidibs is on the 100th floor.
    Diedrik [Posts: 5]
    • View Profile
    • [June 12, 2017, 10:14:32 PM]
    « Reply #122 on: June 12, 2017, 10:14:32 PM »
    Would people be interested in a Dark Souls themed patch? What parts would be more interesting, and/or easier to convert? If it was complete, I think I would prefer to play through Dark Souls on the FFT engine rather than its own.

It would probably have to sidestep the world map. I think a lot of the existing battle maps and graphics are highly compatible though.

Are there any efforts currently in the works to bring the older, in my opinion superior, final fantasies into the FFT engine? 1-5 essentially?
    nitwit [Posts: 192]
    • View Profile
    • [June 16, 2017, 07:32:36 PM]
    « Reply #123 on: June 16, 2017, 07:32:36 PM »
    Deeper Dungeon: 100(?) floors of randomness - you can get encounter battles (with monsters getting tougher as the floors increase), story battles, or shops.  Jobs can be unlocked classically or (possibly, IDK how hard this would be to code) as rewards after certain floors, and special characters can join as well.

Every 10th floor is a Zodiac monster (with level-appropriate stats) and Elidibs is on the 100th floor.
    Sounds like a roguelike.

While there are limitations to the number of different enemy types, you could write code that would produce randomly generated ENTD battles.

It would take a lot of assembly programming to make the actual game mechanics themselves random.  The same goes for battlefields, terrain, and weather.

Deep Dungeon Crawl sounds fun though.
    Diedrik [Posts: 5]
    • View Profile
    • [June 19, 2017, 06:34:12 AM]
    « Reply #124 on: June 19, 2017, 06:34:12 AM »
    Enemy present chances can essentially randomize the battles can they not?
    • View Profile
    • [June 23, 2017, 04:39:34 AM]
    « Reply #125 on: June 23, 2017, 04:39:34 AM »
    Equipment and to a degree level.  Other things, not so much.
    I'm my own mind-altering substance
    dotchan [Posts: 14]
    • View Profile
    • Dot's Concept Space
    • [August 01, 2017, 07:20:03 PM]
    « Reply #126 on: August 01, 2017, 07:20:03 PM »
    FFT, being obviously inspired by Tactics Ogre, seems to take an overall Law->Neutral->Chaos progression, where Ramza starts out following along with society's rules, meanders around for a bit after he realizes that said society is unjust, and eventually upsets the status quo so bad that he murders God (or at least a sufficiently god-like being) by the end and buggers off for better pastures.

It would be a buttload of work, but it'd be awesome to implement branching story paths where Ramza could fully commit to Law or Chaos as early as Chapter One (or switch into Neutral at some other key juncture), with different battles and recruit-able special characters in each path.
    GET SMOKED
    Bonesy [Posts: 82]
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/rwbonesy/
    • [August 04, 2017, 08:51:36 AM]
    « Reply #127 on: August 04, 2017, 08:51:36 AM »
    What's the feasibility on a menu option or something that allows you to turn off EXP or JP gain? I'd love to be able to turn off EXP gain where I'm at on FFT so I can grind jobs freely like a total dingus.
    • View Profile
    • [August 05, 2017, 05:24:44 AM]
    « Reply #128 on: August 05, 2017, 05:24:44 AM »
    FFT, being obviously inspired by Tactics Ogre, seems to take an overall Law->Neutral->Chaos progression, where Ramza starts out following along with society's rules, meanders around for a bit after he realizes that said society is unjust, and eventually upsets the status quo so bad that he murders God (or at least a sufficiently god-like being) by the end and buggers off for better pastures.

It would be a buttload of work, but it'd be awesome to implement branching story paths where Ramza could fully commit to Law or Chaos as early as Chapter One (or switch into Neutral at some other key juncture), with different battles and recruit-able special characters in each path.

Ramza remains on the Good axis as he moves from Law to Chaos.  Would be interesting to have all 9 options, though it would be a ton (unfeasible) of work.  More so if you can commit to any option as early as chapter 1.

What's the feasibility on a menu option or something that allows you to turn off EXP or JP gain? I'd love to be able to turn off EXP gain where I'm at on FFT so I can grind jobs freely like a total dingus.
    http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10450.msg198612

I think these routines are related to the Display Experience/JP Gained in-battle option.  Linking zero experience gain to that seems like the easiest way to do it - no display, no Experience.

http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/0011ee04_-_0011ee74

http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Prep_for_Displaying_Earned_Exp/JP

IIRC Choto or SA made a thread about the in-battle options menu, I'd look there too.
    Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]