• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object FFTactext

Started by Heisho, August 18, 2017, 03:03:22 pm

Heisho

Hello there!
I searched in the forums about this but nothing came close to a solution in my case.
In the past I got this error message when edited Cure4/Curaja description, and returning it to the original description solve it.
But now the problem is that if something is written from Cure3/Curaga uo to Fire2/Fira, the message appears, if I delete all those entries the patch is successful.

Anyone got an idea about this? I have tried versions from .457 onward but the same result. Also I tried to deleted those entries on certain files instead of Quick Edit and nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
  • Modding version: PSX
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

Xifanie

Are you loading your modified text from your ISO or from a .ffttext file?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Heisho

From a .ffttext file made with your spreadsheet. I hardly ever use ISO files.

Xifanie

Well, the original .ffttext file that you created to use with my editor, was it from vanilla or from a modified ISO from some mod?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Heisho

Oh. I got your point. It was from a FFT Complete mod. Does it had anything to do with?
Please dont tell me I need to start over again  :(

EDIT : Hold it. I remember now. It was from a vainilla and copy-pasting from the FFT COMPLETE text.

Xifanie

No one really knows why, but you cannot patch an ISO if you loaded the text from a non-ISO through Tactext. It's possible that you copied whatever corrupts those .ffttext files into your own. I don't know. You really should just try to pinpoint the issue like I told you in your other topic if you don't want to start over.

Heisho

That might be the issue. The funny thing is that I have patched with that before. I will try to import from a clean ISO the entries that are caising and let you know.

Xifanie

I don't know if DTE compression is applied to any and all sections if there is not enough space, but if it isn't, it's possible it could be because of a non-DTE section that you have added too much text to.

Heisho

Good news, I made it work.

Turns out I erased the quotes from the generics (which FFT Complete added from the PSP version) and it worked like a charm.
Maybe there was too much text from that section, who knows.
Still it's a shame since some quotes where kinda funny but well, sacrifices had to be made. Strangely enough I still don't know why it let patch by removing some entries in the ability descriptions, anyway, thanks for the tip about the space Xifanie.

Well, time to keep working!

Regards.