• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:27:24 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Phantasy Star...Twenty Years Past (English Translation On the Way!!)

Started by Guru, February 16, 2017, 09:47:03 pm

Guru

I wanted to share this because I am such a big fan of phantasy star and this is the first fan sequel to the classic series that has ever been finished. Actually, Phantasy Star IV is still my favorite game even after 18 years since I first played it. I

Unfortunately the game is in Russian, until they are able to find somebody willing to translate. So if anybody is interested in translating, feel free to PM Di.H at pscave. I'll definitely update this when it does get translated

Anyways, the game was created on RPG maker (RMXP) and the creators are Lokator & Di.H Prod. They did an excellent job at preserving the integrety and feel of the classic PS series, everything about it brought back a lot of nostalgia. I'm not sure if anybody here is a fan (phan hoho), but I don't have a terribly large social network online, so I don't have many places to share =P.

Here is the original OP on pscave, I'll include some images and post the download link below this.
http://www.pscave.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3153

A friend of theirs also did playthrough videos, the rest can be found on his channel but here is part 1

http://lokator-studio.ru/games/item/711-fs5-download

Game need special fonts, that u can find in game folder (PhantasyStar4.TFF and PhantasyStar4Men.TFF)

Angel

I'm a bit late on this (been really busy with work and trying to get sleep when I can), but I do have to agree on Phantasy Star IV's awesomeness. I have adored that game for forever, and Phantasy Star was actually my first RPG (and the only game I ever owned on my Master System, not counting the no-cart game). I have so much love for that series that I pretended to enjoy Phantasy Star Online for around 400 hours of gameplay. My nostalgia goggles are thick for that series, but nobody should ever deny PSIV's awesomeness.

I'm not a huge fan of the RPG Maker engine, for a myriad of reasons, but I can dig this. Thanks for posting this here. I need to give it a more thorough look when I'm not so inundated.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Guru

Quote from: Angel on February 20, 2017, 12:14:42 am
I have so much love for that series that I pretended to enjoy Phantasy Star Online for around 400 hours of gameplay.

Haha I know I did the same same exact thing. I'm glad to hear that somebody else around here loves the series too!

I'm not a huge fan of the RPG Maker engine, for a myriad of reasons, but I can dig this. Thanks for posting this here. I need to give it a more thorough look when I'm not so inundated.

Me neither, I was actually really impressed on the quality, since I have not seen many good quality RPG Maker games. I'm just really glad somebody finally made a fan game, since it is not a real big mod community. There were quite a few differences, but they managed to make them fit in well, to me nothing seemed out of place for the series.

The playthrough videos aren't great, and I can't understand a word of Russian, but I definitely enjoyed watching them. There are actually 4 videos that showcase the entire game, but it's like 10+ hours, so I did a lot of skipping.

Guru

Just wanted to post here to let everyone know that Oresama from pscave is working on a translation. Not sure how many of you are interested, but I am incredibly excited  :mrgreen: I wouldn't expect it anytime soon, but just hearing that it is in the works made me very happy! Here is a link to the forum post http://www.pscave.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3706