• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:52:20 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Barren's Mini AI Tournament Registration

Started by Barren, November 21, 2016, 06:56:26 am

Barren

November 21, 2016, 06:56:26 am Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 09:33:15 pm by Barren
Hey guys I was hyping this up for quite sometime and now I want to announce that my mini tournament registration is finally open!

Now, this will be a long term project with the most amount of matches I'll have on one video. To fill the void, I'll also be doing a LP on Eternal's FFT K.O. 2.6 as well. That will be going on during Christmas break. So stay tuned for that and thank Eternal for the work he put into making this patch and releasing it after 3 years since his last update.

Now the format for this one I've finally decided that it will be a regular AI tournament (We can definitely do a pairing tournament or a SCC tournament in the future). The number of participants I'll allow are 16. No more. I messed up the team count last time and I ain't letting that happening again.

The Rules

JP Cap of 3000
That's right, no JP Cap! So go nuts on spending your JP like you would spend your money on Black Friday!

1 copy of equipment only
You are only allowed to use 1 equip regardless of what class you pick. This will challenge/encourage you to make a either a new team you haven't submitted yet or revamp one of your existing teams. An example of a team anyone can try out with this rule is a water absorb team using coral sword, dewdrop shield, rubber costume and chantage respectively. So please think of something interesting or innovative! You'll be put to the test there!

1 copy of an ability only
For those who are familiar with the Season 3 tourney rules it's pretty as self explanatory as the 1 copy of equipment rule. Pretty much you're only allowed to pick 1 copy of an ability for your team. So no having two units with throw item as a picked support ability. But I will allow innate abilities as an exception to this rule. So for example, you can have a ninja that has innate two swords and a paladin with the two swords support ability on your team. This allows you experiment with abilities that you might not have used before on your usual squads.

The deadline will be 10 days before Christmas which will give people who wish to join plenty of time to think of something. For those who are in school (like myself) can get enough to finish finals while thinking of a team on the side. I am not extending it any further like I have done in the past. Whoever ends up submitting on time will be in. I promise to put in an extra effort to make sure that I didn't mess up and didn't add you to the participant list.

Map selection for rounds and Single Elimination

This will be single elimination. The Eighth-finals and quarter finals will be best 3 out of 5. The semi finals and grand finals will be 4 out of 7. The map selection for those rounds will be Medium, Large, Small in that order. For the Eighth and quarter finals it'll go like medium, medium, large, small, small. For the last 3 matches it will go in the order of Medium, Medium, Large, Large, Small, Small, Small.

What's to gain for entering this tournament?
While not the bragging rights of a seasonal tournament you just say you wanted to have some fun! Good luck to everyone whose entering and thank you all once again for playing FFT Arena!

Edit: Counter Flood isn't allowed because of a damage bug where it will randomly decrease when the reaction ability goes off. Thank you Anima Zero for reminding me

Registered Players
Anima Zero
Arena Bot
Heroebal
Andante49
MyuQQ
gatebuster202
Krypt
Alfa
Corosar
Kashkabald
Mudvayne
Argy
dw6561
Reks
silentkaster
WhiteKnightWiegraf
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Anima Zero

Sweet!  I'll definitely be joining this one.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Reks

Sounds like fun. Thanks for doing this, Barren!
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Corosar

I know what i said about last tournament and how i was frustrated with it.. but.. this is a more gimicky tournament.. i am more than happy to throw my hand in and see how it turns out!~
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Argy

Can I put my name down?? So in!! Thanks for organising!
  • Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Barren

gatebuster202

Reserving Spot! Also, Do I do High Faith, or Low Faith??
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

silentkaster

I'm in, too. Are you one of the participants Barren? (Just asking, because that would officially leave 15 spots available.)
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Barren

If I have to be, then I would ask someone to help me host this 1000th video special

Heroebal

November 21, 2016, 12:48:47 pm #9 Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:49:32 pm by Heroebal
I'm game too

I'm definitely making a Barren-themed team for it..

Arena Bot

dw6561

This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Chemist

Lijj is the best! If you don't know, now you know!
~Elite Romanda Gunner~

Mudvayne

Count on me for submitting a team for this.

Gaignun

I will stay out unless you're short on participants.

I look forward to seeing everyone's submissions.

Reks

• Discord username: Reks#0128

Krypt

mrbrain600

Andante49

I'm in! This has been a great year for Arena  :mrgreen:

Barren

okay so far 4 people have submitted their teams and 10 has their spots reserved. 2 empty spots left already! So whichever 2 more wants in, claim your spot now or forever hold your peace