• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:53:50 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Amici's sprites

Started by Amici, October 27, 2010, 10:58:08 am

Jon

Post the original portrait and someone can fix that in about 2 seconds. Don't submit this like Kage says, this is just a head swap. Speaking of which...Kage the Divine Shrine Knight head swap still needs to be created...

Something is wrong with the first dead pose. Gotta fix that. His arm isn't black and his back is messy. This looks just about done now :mrgreen:
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Amici

I really had no intention of submitting this. This was all for personal use really :)

And yup I know about that dead pose thing, still trying to fix that. As for the portrait, I'm still trying to find a way to meld the Cavalier/Balbanes portrait with Ramza. Will post when its done.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Amici

Argh...I'm super frustrated. I've fixed the portrait and the back, so far I shouldn't have any problems, I don't think I've used too many colors, and it STILL won't display correctly on ShiShi... here's the BMP file I got with GraphicsGale. It's been 3 hours and I can't get it to work as it should. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Jon

What exactly isn't working in Shishi? You don't see anything of the sprite? Are the arms floating off of the body? Do you see weird gray or blue lines running all over the sheet? Amici, you have to be extremely specific when you say you've got a problem. Otherwise no one knows how to solve it ;) Did you read my tutorial under help? Its the sticky New Creating Custom Characters.

Edit: Try this one in Shishi.
[attachment=0:1jhnv3ol]new ramza.bmp[/attachment:1jhnv3ol]

Amici

Ok, I'm sorry about that lol. What I mean is, the palette on the portrait is not showing up correctly. It shows up as something brownish in color instead of the correct color. I just tried your version Jon, but it's still not showing up correctly, take a look...

Jon

Hmm, try mine in game. It should be perfect, it should...I fixed it...but it might not be...nevertheless play the game and report back please.

GeneralStrife

It won't look like that in game....and if you see where it says sprite #1 and drop down to port #1 you can see it how its supposed to be.

Amici

Tested ingame, still a no-go...I'm not sure what exactly I'm doing wrong =P

EDIT: This is already your version Jon BTW. Which program are you using to fix it though? I want to learn how to do this too so I won't ask again next time  :)

Twinees

there ya go. the portrait will now work, test in shishi mine looks fine to me. (yay you are using my Cid :))
  • Modding version: PSX

Jon

Nice Dart from Legend of Dragoon avatar Twinees!

Kill_Bones

LOD knocked off so much from FF7... but it's still a better game lol.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

GeneralStrife

Quote from: "Kill_Bones"LOD knocked off so much from FF7... but it's still a better game lol.
Let's pretend we didn't hear that.

ffta707

This sprite looks far too bulky. I think it should be a bit thinner, in all.

Amici

@twinees: Yay thanks! It now works great :D And yup, I use your Cid, it works great as a Mustadio replacement. I had to edit out the cigarette from the portrait though, didn't fit Mustadio's personality.

@ffta707: Yeah I suppose it does, but I think this is a decent start for me at least. Will try editing more complex sprites in the future, and try to swap arms and legs next time. I'm feeling like Frankenstein really :P

ffta707

Quote from: "Amici"@twinees: Yay thanks! It now works great :D And yup, I use your Cid, it works great as a Mustadio replacement. I had to edit out the cigarette from the portrait though, didn't fit Mustadio's personality.

@ffta707: Yeah I suppose it does, but I think this is a decent start for me at least. Will try editing more complex sprites in the future, and try to swap arms and legs next time. I'm feeling like Frankenstein really :)

Twinees

Glad youre happy amici :), it took me 3 hours to do  :shock:
  • Modding version: PSX

Amici

This feels too insignificant to post a new topic with, and I may be way in over my head, but I would like to be critique with a rough draft I did with a Dante sprite I just worked on. It's basically an amalgam of the Reno and Sephiroth sprites using the head of a young Elmdor sprite I saw here a while back. I can't figure out how to put shading on the lower part of the trenchcoat, as well as how the crotch area is supposed to look like.

Cheetah

It's a decent start, and you are correct about the areas missing shading, though I have little input right now.

You could always just edit your first post and change the name of this topic to just include all your sprite work.
Current Projects:

Kill_Bones

Glad to see your doing straight dante, not the gay version theyre putting in the next DmC. Agreed with cheetah, it needs some shading here and there but overall a good rough draft.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

ffta707

Change this topic to Amici's sprites.

The cap coming over the legs needs a bit more shading. I'm not sure If you were using orange for another color of the mantle, or making it part of the red shading.