• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:10:51 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

24 Units?

Started by Ultima2876, August 12, 2010, 03:22:10 am

Ultima2876

Hey all,

Firstly I'd like to say that I'm really enjoying this hack. You guys have done an excellent job with all this, and it totally trounces the PSP version as far as I'm concerned.

I was wondering if you're planning to update the party unit count to 24 in future, or if this is even possible. If it's a possible hack, is there a way I can do it to my own ISO so that I can play with 24 units? I'd really like to be able to breed monsters for poaching ;)

Thanks and keep up the brilliant work!

Cheetah

Currently this is only a dream with no one doing even research into getting this working.  It is likely possible, but would require hacking even how the game saves more than likely. If some ASM hackers wanted to do it we would fully support it, but that is all we have going right now.
Current Projects:

Vanya

Yeah, the problem is that the PSX has a lot less system RAM available than the PSP and FFT uses pretty muck all of it's RAM to store the stuff it already has.
The only way to maybe squeeze in some more units would be to rewrite the entire RAM system. That is assuming that the current system is less than efficient.
If it is already functioning at maximum efficiency then there's no way to add more units short of attempting to use Save Files to extend storage capacity which may not even be possible.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯