• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

ffta2 job requirement data

Started by lepiton, December 11, 2017, 07:08:19 am

lepiton

Does anyone know where this is located in hex? I'm assuming it has a similar structure as ffta, and I've been looking for it for days its driving me nuts.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

lepiton

December 12, 2017, 02:24:05 am #1 Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 03:47:29 am by lepiton
Managed to find some data for unique jobs on romhacking.net posted by edea. Checked the Hex myself this doesn't seem right maybe he was using a different version of the game? The guy has been working on this for ages and has a lot of other hex editing posts so I'm assuming he knows what he is doing.

Update:Ok I am almost certain I've found the information he was referring to it starts at offset 053FFEA0(was going through all the unknowns in lennart's spreadsheet that more or less matched the number of player jobs + hidden jobs) in the NA version of the game and follows the structure described above. I haven't gotten around to testing this yet.(Haven't setup an emulator and I've been working on this for 3 days I need some sleep), but I've manually gone through the first 10 or so entries and they all match the values you would expect from humes. If that is some kind of coincidence then I am GONNA BE PISSED.

Post below.

Normally I would edit instead of double-post, but this felt bump-worthy: I found the data I was looking for!  It had to be manually traced, though; a trace logger would've saved a lot of headache on this one.

The requested data starts at offset $0540018c when looking at the ROM in a hex editor (I'm not sure how to put that in proper notation, apologies).  The space occupied is filled exactly; there's no room to add new Jobs unless someone manages to expand a DS ROM (not likely at this time), but the jobs that are already there can be manipulated pretty easily.  Note that the Job's Race byte (located elsewhere, in the $0522CAAB area) must be set to match the unit's, or the Job still won't show up on their list.

Each entry is 12 bytes long.
Code: [Select]

Byte 00: Order the job will appear in on any given unit's Job List should they qualify.
Byte 01: Actual Job ID.
Bytes 02-03: You can specify up to two unique sprites here; only units with those sprites will have the Job show up
     on their List, even if the unit otherwise belongs to the correct race.
Bytes 04-09: A-Ability mastery requirements from up to three different Jobs.
Bytes 0A-0B: Quest completion prerequisite.

lepiton

So I'm starting work on the enemy formation editor now, didn't want to make a new thread because I'm literally just starting even though I've mostly figured out how to do it. It make take a bit longer since I decided to do it in C# which I'm learning now for work. Figured it would be decent practice.

Eternal

That's super exciting news! Can't wait to test it out! :)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817