• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

I'm in need to know how to edit max number of your units deployable in battle

Started by saniam, March 24, 2016, 12:40:37 pm

saniam

Is there anyway how to do it? Just like attackout editor but for psp edition. Thanks in advance :).

saniam

Sorry for double posting

Or Is there anyway I can make itself in every battle I can deploy 6 units (without guest) instead only 5 units?

Jumza

That's ok, no one answered your question so at least you didn't start a new topic :P (I don't know if you can use the attack.out editor for the PSP version, so I can't answer your first question myself :( )

I believe there is a hard limit of 5 units per formation screen, which includes both formation 1 and 2. So you can do all 5 in one, 4 in one, 1 in two, etc etc etc.

As far as I know, no one has looked into extending this number.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Kaijyuu

Even if you could extend the number, there's a hard limit of 9 spritesheets per battle. This limit is pretty insurmountable without completely redoing how the game draws sprites. As such, if you successfully extended the number of player controlled units to 6, this would limit the number of different types of enemies to 3. That might be too few to be worth it.
  • Modding version: PSX

Eternal

WotL has an extension to that limit. IIRC (it's been a while since I've tested), in WotL, you can have more than 9 spritesheets, but you're still limited to a max of 16 units in battle.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Ildon

I've had at least 16 unique sprites present for a single battle without issue.  However, I never did bother to test in chapter one if Attempting over 16 units in a battle causes issues.  I know that more than 11 enemy units causes issues even if you only deploy one unit and have one guest unit. 

I may do testing later to see if "team" assignments are what are capped at 11 later at some point. 

Edit:  only 11 units can be rendered from the ENTD.  The limit is not extended or altered by modifying "team" flags.  Since most of the multiplayer missions have 10 units and if I recall correctly each player is limited to three units each there may be a hard limit of 16 units for any given encounter including all enemy/guest/player units. 
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
(PSP) FFT: GGL Edition 0.9.81 is now available. check here