• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:49:54 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Important PC and NPC Skill Topic

Started by LastingDawn, April 16, 2009, 11:22:07 am

LastingDawn

April 16, 2009, 11:22:07 am Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 08:38:51 pm by LastingDawn
If you'll recall from the first few videos I showcased most of the skills belonged to the uniques you fight and fight alongside with in the game, I'll start with the main crews then continue from there.

QuoteSquire/Mercenary Ramza -
--------------------------------
Accumulate - Hit_F 150% to cast Quick, 1 Range, Follow Target (Secret Skill)
Throw Stone - Increased power
Dash - Increased Power
Medical Kit - MA * 3 Amount of Healing + additional buff or debuff 25%. 70% + MA.
Yell -  Haste
Tactic: Preparation - Haste and Transparent
Wish - Normal (unless you're playing the Test Demo then it's a debug tool)
Guard! (Force Defending on a unit)
Steal/Weapon/Armor/Helmet/Shield - (The only person to have Steal in the game, is this a good idea? I would like your opinions chiefly on that matter.

QuoteApprentice Rad
------------------------------------
Double Fire - MA + 4 * MA /2
Double Thunder - "        "
Double Ice - "               "
Healing Breath - 40% HP Recovery, 1 Range, Pray Stance
Fortify - PA + 60% - Protect, 5 panel, around target
Turning Gale - PA +4 / 2 *  PA
Medical Kit - (See above)
Leg Aim - SP + 50%
Brace - Defend, Protect, Shell, on self.
-------------------------------------

QuoteDark Knight Gafgarion
------------------------------------
Night Sword - (well known)
Dark Sword - (well known)
Abraxas - 3 Range, PA * 5 - 1/4 damage taken from the blow
Somber Drive - Weapon Range PA * 8 1/2 damage taken from the blow
Dark Wave - 2 Effect Area, Weapon Strike, hitting caster as well.
Dark Storm Gauntlet - 2 Effect Area, 4 Range,  PA * 10 3/10 of the damage taken from the attack.
Devil's Grudge - Attack enemy for loss of HP.
Energy - Long Range Wish
-----------------------------------------

QuoteFencer Lavian
-------------------------------
Swarmstrike - Poison and Damage
Featherblow - Soft blow, used for KOing targets
Swallowtail - An attack on all sides
Manastrike - MP Damage
Piercethrough - 2 panel strike through, normal attack
Nighthawk - Ranged normal attack
Blade Flurry - A Persevering move, which attacks a target each 2 ct
---------------------------------

QuoteGaia's Lance Alicia
-------------------------------------
Divine Lance - A Powerful Holy based Lance attack
Repeating Thrust - Repeating blows, a tad inaccurate, random damage
Vital Sense - With skillful thrusts of the spear, can cause many status ailments
Downsize - An unearthly strike which melts the soul of the afflicted.
Wind Lancet - A plain thrust enchanted with draining capabilities
Aura - Reraise and Regen
Astra - Protect against all Harmful Status Ailments for a turn
---------------------------------------

QuoteHoly Knight Agrias
--------------------------------------
Stasis Sword - (classic)
Split Slice - (classic)
Crush Stab  - (classic)
Lightning Pierce - (classic)
Holy Explosion - (classic)
War Cry - Haste around target
Ironclad  - Slow, Regen, Protect
Chaste Slice - (would like a custom formula for it... but for now it's fine)
God's Orb - Faith based magic damage

Glacier Skewer - From the ground rises many Icicles which shatter all around the Holy Knight that brought them forth, dealing damage to all around her

Knights of Konoe - A dazzling lightshow confuses opponents, at this time the caster calls out her ambush troops to slice the opponents to nothing.
---------------------------
QuoteArc Witch
Witch Craft
Allure - Ephemeral Embrace (Cuts tbe afflicted off from the real world, possessing their spirit infecting them with Dark Matter.

Bio 2 (D) - Misery Mask (Suffocates the target in a mask of darkness which descends from the sky, with a chance to infect them with Dark Matter.

Bio 3 (A)- Abyss Aspel (Sucks away all magic in the target returning it to the caster)

Bio 3 (B)- Demonic Delight (Using the cursed Madlemgen calls forth spirits to steal her opponents very life force)

Bio 3 (C)- Witch's Wiles (Expends her power to bring dark aid to her allies.)
---------------------------------------------------
Blood Suck (Vampire)  - Augur Apophis (Evoking her darkened spirit, calls forth her true form. In this form she is unable to distinguish between friend or foe.

Blood Suck (Arc Knight) - Coven's Calamity (In her true form she summons a dark host, which calling upon the ritualistic black magic, sacrifices her opponents to her demonic allies. upon completion returns to her earthly form.)

More to come!
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

beawulfx

April 16, 2009, 11:24:46 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by beawulfx
Oh this is great, thank you! I was so confused as to what their skills did :P

Also, I'm assuming you know this but since Gaffy and Lavian,  and I'm sure more to come, don't show up on the formation screen they enter each battle with random abilities and equips that makes it a little odd to play with. Again I am sure this is not knew, but figured I would mention just in case.

EDIT: Also Dark Wave is called 'Jump' in my patch, that's normal though I assume? I am using the most recent one. I was confused why 'Jump' was doing AOE damage and hurting Gaffy...
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

LastingDawn

April 16, 2009, 11:32:08 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Indeed, that's how the game is played. Have you ever played FF4? If you would have (and not had the story spoiled for you...) you may recognize that sort of narrative. As the game goes on you'll never know who you'll end up with. A talking squidlarkin? A tyrannical mage? There's a lot of people that come and go. These people are beyond the scope of the Mercenaries. Keep in mind, though you are in the role of Hedin reading a book, as well as Ramza writing his entries. You are also Gafgarion telling your troupe what to do. The reason Gafgarion never joins you is because he is "always" better then Rad and Ramza, always five levels above them, and better equipment for their levels.

The scope of the game never leaves the three mercenaries, except on the sidestories of Hedin's research, believe you me, this demo is just the beginning. I have a lot planned that hasn't shown it's head yet. Though I have made comparable progress (please check out the first post of the main thread of the Historical Archives thread for more info.)

EDIT: Eh heh... probably an oversight by me.

Art of War

beawulfx

April 16, 2009, 11:40:21 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by beawulfx
I can tell you have a lot more planned, this patch is incredibly exciting already for me, and very ambitious! Thanks for the explanation too I should definitely do more reading on the backstory and information other than on jobs and skills to really get a feel for what you are putting together.

I just wish'd my way through to the Dorter battle and wow, it is amazing. If that is any indication of the fun sort of battles to expect I am very excited. Such a unique fight. And the Sweegy battle too was very interesting and fun, and seeing your video on the different possibilities, such as finding the Longibunne made it even more impressive. I'm going to go back and record the Mandalia/Sweegy/Dorter battles so I can put them on youtube and maybe get a few more people to watch and see how impressive even this beta demo is in highlighting Mercenaries.

You are doing exceptional work here and it makes me quite happy. Anyway, sorry, not trying to sidetrack the topic :)
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

LastingDawn

April 16, 2009, 11:50:18 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hahaha! Sidetracking? Nonsense! I'm glad to see someone really enjoying the patch, also I am very surprised to see you make a video playthrough of such. Thank you for your support!

Art of War

philsov

April 16, 2009, 01:30:13 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
QuoteSteal/Weapon/Armor/Helmet/Shield - (The only person to have Steal in the game, is this a good idea? I would like your opinions chiefly on that matter.

Depends on how many rare goodies there are to plunder, but in general I see nothing wrong with it.  My only concern is that Ramza will likely be built as the primary damage dealer, so making him he only one able to steal overloads him.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

LastingDawn

April 16, 2009, 03:26:49 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm, well a while back I had an idea to spread the Steals around, making it so their would be no primary thief.

Knight would have "Disarm" steals opponents weapon
Inquisitor would have "Disrobe" (purpose being that a mage may get a variety of power from it's robes, therefore stripping them of that power.)
Dragoon would have  "Scoop Shield" using their spears to get between the shield bearer and shield, to strip it from them.. (kind of iffy on that one...)
I'm not sure what Steal Helmet though I think...

Steal Accessory would go to Traveler's to fit with their rather varied roles.

Art of War

Sephirot24

April 16, 2009, 05:27:25 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
One thing I think is worth noting, is that text edits are important. Now that we have a functional Text editor I think it'll be wise to start changing the text as you can, and not waiting for the finished product (No need to put the whole text at once I mean; but progressively). It'll also make it much more understandable, and easy to beta test it, not having to come here every 2 seconds to check what abilities do.

LastingDawn

April 16, 2009, 05:28:29 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Indeed, that's why the next release hasn't been for a few days, I want to get some of that done at least.

Art of War

boomkick

April 16, 2009, 06:22:26 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
I would have wanted more unique "unique* PCs/NPCs out there. Their skillsets in vanilla were mostly unique, in a sense no other generics had those abilities.

ffzman

April 16, 2009, 06:43:24 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ffzman
Question on Rad's double x formulas, could you clarify it with some parenthesis please?

The way you have it written, it'd equate to 3*MA which I'm guessing you're not trying to do. Is it (MA+4)*MA/2? Same question with Turning gale, as it is written the same way.

LastingDawn

April 16, 2009, 07:03:10 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
For the moment it remains (MA + 4) * MA / 2 , yes indeed. The reason it's like this is for it's double formula.
Turning gale is (PA + 4)/2 * PA, that's where the difference lies, did I mess that up? Turning Gale's damage will be nerfed in the next update to just straight PA  /2 * PA.

Art of War

ffzman

April 16, 2009, 07:11:59 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ffzman
No, that's what I thought they both were, it's just that without the parenthesis order of operations would mess with them a little.

LastingDawn

April 16, 2009, 07:36:30 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hehe, that's certainly true, a good call though regardless.

Art of War

boomkick

April 17, 2009, 10:30:55 am #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
I was testing out Chapter 4 saves from 1.3 and using them in the Mercenaries Demo. Of course you are suppose to only have Ramza and Rad, but I had many other characters also. Gaia's Lance looks interesting. Cloud is same as Alicia without the CT moves. Meliadoul is awkward, yet extremely strong. Orlandu is just BS. Ramza started as Dragon, and it also looks, uhh, ok.

LastingDawn

April 17, 2009, 11:13:07 am #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Haha! Well I did actually encourage some chapter two and three play. A lot of Cloud's moves were replaced for Alicia's yes. Meliadoul probably has Shady Dealings and Magnetic Force if I were to guess. Orlandu... I'm not sure what he would have.

Art of War

boomkick

April 17, 2009, 06:31:56 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
ill post up some images

LastingDawn

April 19, 2009, 03:11:51 am #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ah, looks like you got a sneak peek of Blansch's skillset. As you can guess that is the already prepared Skillset for Blansch, therefore Meliadoul won't be making an appearance in Mercenaries.

Art of War