• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Blue Mage Job Thread

Started by LastingDawn, December 07, 2008, 06:26:12 pm

LastingDawn

December 07, 2008, 06:26:12 pm Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 11:20:07 pm by LastingDawn
Blue Mage, The Monster Gazer

Well this is a class which requires no introduction, this is the classic Blue Mage! As we all know the game has a "learn after hit" command in each skill, therefore the possibility of a Blue Mage is... well it's more then a possibility, now the hard part of this is choosing the 16 skills the Blue Mage should have, and what reactions, supports, etc. It should have. These are what is currently on the list, but if anyone happens to have any other ideas, even new skill ideas, I could implement for said monster, I would be all ears.

Eye Gouge (1.3) - Goblin
Choco Cure - Chocobo
Spark - Explosive
Cat Kick - Cuar
Mind Blast - Mind Flare
Wind Soul - Living Bone
Drain Touch - Gust
Circle - Plague
Calm Spirit - Trent
Triple Thunder - Hydra
Blaster - Vampire
Hurricane - King Behemoth
Ice Bracelet - Blue Dragon
Triple Attack - Hyudra, Hydra, Tiamat
Blow Fire - Minitaurus
Self - Destruct - Band of Abilities and Blue Mage Crystal
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

boomkick

December 07, 2008, 06:32:56 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Aww i wanted the Blue Mage to do Dark Holy from the skeletons.

Instead of Cat Kick, maybe give him blaster.

Spirit of Life from the Trents

Mimic Titan from the Minotaurs

Giga Flare from Behemoths

Triple Thunder from Tiamat

Choco Meteor from Red Choco

Flame Attack from Grenade

Ultima???

Yeah i think im going over the limit here

Archael

December 07, 2008, 06:35:36 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
hmmm

I'm seeing alot of damage skills

boomkick

December 07, 2008, 06:41:55 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Did you remove Workers from the game LD?

If you didnt it would funny to see a character use dispose.

LastingDawn

December 07, 2008, 06:42:12 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ouch, you are correct, Voldemort, of course these moves can be altered, and the whole of the move set changed, also interesting ideas Boomkick, but Ultima... eh, Ultima only appears in the Minwu Orb, and that's a lvl. 2 one. I can't see why any normal monster, or human for that matter would use Ultima on you. Spirit of Life is anther revive skill, which... hmm, I'm not sure what I want to do with yet.

Art of War

The Damned

December 07, 2008, 06:43:43 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
I'm not a fan of Goblin Punch. Even if it's close-range only, I'm really not a fan of Shock-esque moves.

That said, the list looks good. A lot different from my Blue Mage, but that's because I think my monsters are different too.

For being mostly damage techniques (which I can understand why), it's actually pretty "balanced" with little overlap. There is a bit of overlap between Leaf Dance, Triple Attack (which is superior) and Wave Around (which is superior to both of them).

Triple Attack could be subbed out for Triple Thunder and Leaf Dance for either Protect Spirit or Clam Spirit. Other than that, looks good.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

LastingDawn

December 07, 2008, 07:09:28 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm, those all sound like good ideas, but wouldn't Triple Thunder and Blow Fire mesh then?

Art of War

Archael

December 07, 2008, 07:21:45 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
going to point out that Spirit of Life (1.3 version) is incredibly strong

it might make the skillset itself the ultimate thing to have on any job

LastingDawn

December 07, 2008, 07:24:35 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
That in itself would be a problem, I don't want people to Have to carry this around. Probably won't do that then.

Art of War

The Damned

December 07, 2008, 07:24:54 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
^ Yeah. 1.3 Spirit of Life is kinda what makes (1.3) Woodman worth using.

Quote from: "LastingDawn"Hmm, those all sound like good ideas, but wouldn't Triple Thunder and Blow Fire mesh then?

I can't say I see how.

Triple Thunder is a Lightning Elemental thrice-attacking, random-targeting attack with a cross-shaped target and decent range. Blow Fire is a Fire-elemental attack that single targets and has a linear limitation that doesn't extend past two hexes.

If anything, Spark is (far) closer both of them than they are to each other and Spark isn't very close to either of them.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

LastingDawn

December 07, 2008, 07:27:12 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Right, right... not sure what I was thinking, ah, I confused Triple Thunder for Thunder Bracelet. Yes, you're right. But MA * 3 on a human isn't really anything to write home about... so yeah, that'll go. Calm Spirit it is then.

Art of War

Zephyr

December 07, 2008, 10:01:09 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zephyr
Wouldn't it be extremely easy to learn all skills by just inviting monsters, breeding for certain ones, and then just attacking your BM with desired skill?

DarthPaul

December 07, 2008, 10:15:16 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Why not let him learn mind flare from the squilarkens.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

boomkick

December 07, 2008, 10:28:15 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
I heard that all skills learned must by casted on by a enemy. That is what i learned from experience of Zodiac. (i think)

LastingDawn

December 07, 2008, 10:29:44 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Alright Zephyr... there is no inviting in Mercenaries so there's no chance you'll have a controllable Ally that has Blue Magic.

And DarthPaul... they do have Mind Blast... it's in their skillset right there, hehe.

Also, no, they can be on your team, you just couldn't teach your units Zodiac because they were your allies, and you can't hit Allies with it. An interesting thought would be to run into a Summoner and cast Zodiac on them with... a Knight or something, that should teach them Zodiac, I'd believe.

Art of War

DarthPaul

December 07, 2008, 10:31:25 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Oops how did I overlook that.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Archael

December 07, 2008, 10:43:12 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Zephyr"Wouldn't it be extremely easy to learn all skills by just inviting monsters, breeding for certain ones, and then just attacking your BM with desired skill?

err I dont think you can invite in mercenaries

you only control 2 (+1?) people in entire patch

Zephyr

December 07, 2008, 10:43:52 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zephyr
Ohh right right my mistake

DarthPaul

December 07, 2008, 10:48:20 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
If that where the case though the whole inviting and breeding plays into the tactical element.

Archael

December 07, 2008, 11:28:43 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
I disagree

I think being limited to 2 setups forces you into more tactical thinking than breeding the most powerful things you can get your hands on pre-battle

I am glad invitation / breeding is not gonna be in Merc

the entire thing being basically a 2 man (3 man with gaff) challenge is the big appeal here

I hope LD keeps it very limited throughout the whole thing

and doesnt chicken out near the end and give us 3 guests per battle or something