• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 10:36:25 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT Arena Beta 139c

Started by FFMaster, August 04, 2010, 06:11:37 pm

RavenOfRazgriz

Other change I see missing is Move-MP UP being back up to 10%.  Implemented and missing or MIA

And you know I'll fiddle to fix whatever errors you left behind when I'm motivated anyway, so don't worry.  Heh.

>Is apparently the bugfixer now.

FFMaster

Still 5%. Completely forgot about that one while finding the ton of bugs in testing phase.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

RavenOfRazgriz

OK.

Guess it's not as big a deal with the other mage-oriented buffs in this update.

Though, speaking of all that mage stuff, does that make this the My Little Arena: Killing is Magic update?

/shot

FFMaster

Pretty sure Attribute 45 is the only one unused after those changes, if my list is correct.

Level Jump 6 is correctly named, just not on the Lancer skillset. I can release an updated spreadsheet if needed.

And... huh? Scholar stats weren't touched.... gotta check those in the morning.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: FFMaster on November 09, 2011, 09:40:21 am
Pretty sure Attribute 45 is the only one unused after those changes, if my list is correct.

Attribute 3F was used by Morning Star... but it was the exact same as 06, so obvious merge.

Attribute 43 was previously 1 MA, Initial: Shell.  I couldn't find anything anywhere that used it.  A check over the Master Guide again still reveals nothing using it.  I assume it was some old accessory, probably an older form of Setiemson or something since it uses the same Item Attribute that Vanilla Setiemson uses. 

Good to know Attribute 45 is still open, though.  Looks like the old Cacuscha Attribute.  I would've used that but I forgot Cacusha got changed somehow.   (Good news: Cachusha works correctly!  I didn't check it before, obviously, since I forgot it was changed, but all is good.)  So, there's 1 free Item Attribute for use.

Scholar's been wrong for a very long time in the Master Guide, I just keep forgetting to bring it up.  You should probably just double-check all the stats on classes to cleanse any built-up errors no one noticed.

RavenOfRazgriz

Hey look a 1.341 1.342 1.343 already. Not surprising given the scale of changes in this version and FFMaster doing them all in the span of about a day. 

Stuff:

Level 6 Jump correctly in Lancer skillset.
Javelin correctly does NOT provide Initial: Transparent.
Germinas Boots correctly do NOT provide Initial: Protect.
Mythril Spear correctly provides +1 Speed.
Cherche properly gives Always: Protect (Attribute 3F, 2 is back to Initial: Protect, Morning Star moved to Attribute 6 because duping.)
Setiemson properly gives Always: Shell (Attribute 43, 4 is back to Initial: Shell.  Nothing was using 43 that I could find after 3 runs down the item list and 1 run down the Master Guide.)
Fixed Flags on Silf, Accumulate, Quickening, probably a couple other things.  Removed a ton of Learn on Hit flags.
Blaze Gun, Blast Gun, Glacier Gun now have correct WP.

NEW!
After noticing a typo on Dia in the Master Guide, I decided to check the Ys on Spells.  Several Ys, such as on Bio, Dia, and others were incorrect and still taking their old value.  This would have left Bio 1 and Dia as strong as Holy if left untouched.  It was fixed based on the *.45 conversion, so Bio is the Y = 7 listed in the Master Guide, and Dia is Y = 6.  I can't remember the couple other random ones I had to fix, but they should be listed correctly in the Master Guide since I was going over magic for one of my units earlier and never saw an error there.
MOAR NEW!
Flags on Sinkhole fixed so that the AI will properly use it to Cancel Charging.

Probably a few other things I missed.  Also, if my book-keeping is correct, only Attribute 45 is unused and no duplicate Item Attributes exist.

Master Guide Errors:

Quickening still lists as 4 CT.
Scholar Stats are incorrect.
Dia is listed as MA*14, should be MA*6.
Carbuncle is incorrectly listed as adding Reflect.
Ys on Death and Frog are listed as their old values.

Possibly more, I didn't actually proofread anything, these were just things I noticed while doing my error fixes.

Stuff That Needs Doing:

Memory Card Generator Spreadsheet Updates (Level Jump 6 is missing from what Barren told me, which is what sparked this entire bout of error-fixing.  There's possibly other errors too.)
[/quote]

FFMaster

November 09, 2011, 07:23:52 pm #86 Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 08:41:22 pm by FFMaster
Going to release a 134b version sometime today. Toning down the X values for a lot of status abilities.

If anything else needs a quick modification, post it here.

EDIT: Got pretty much all the changes done. Here is a current list compared to Ravens version:

Tables
- Base Stats table fixed
- Paladin table fixed
- Thief table fixed
- Summoner table fixed

Bugs
- Fixed flags for Comet

Balance
Punch Art
- Secret Fist JP down to 200, X down to 40, no longer evadable
White Magic
- Raise X down to 100
- Raise 2/Regen/Protect/Shell X down to 70
- Protect 2/Shell 2/Esuna X down to 95
Black Magic
- Death Y down to 75
Time Magic
- Haste/Slow X down to 60
- Haste 2/Slow 2 X down to 100
- Stop X down to 55
- Don't Move X down to 75
- Demi X down to 85
- Demi 2 X down to 65
Summon Magic
- Odin X down to 15
- Lich X down to 55
Yin Yang Magic
- Blind X down to 95
- Spell Absorb X down to 100
- Life Drain X down to 70
- Pray Faith/Doubt Faith/Petrify X down to 50
- Silence Song/Paralyze X down to 60
- Beguile X down to 45
- Dispel Magic X down to 80
Lore
- Mad Science X down to 90, JP up to 150

RavenOfRazgriz

November 09, 2011, 11:18:59 pm #87 Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 02:09:14 am by RavenOfRazgriz
That would be Death Y UP to 75.  It's 60 in-game currently.

E: May as well fix Move-MP UP while you're doing that.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quick Master Guide Error:

You have Squire listed as 4 Move and Geomancer as 3 Move instead of the other way around.  Shield in the bit that lists what they can equip is also typo'd as "Sjld."

FFMaster

November 11, 2011, 04:09:37 pm #89 Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 05:20:48 pm by FFMaster
Fixed.

Float is currently 400 JP in game, while it should be 200 JP.

EDIT: Reflect Ring is still labeled as Heretic's Ring in spreadsheet.

EDIT2: There are a couple of text errors in game.

formerdeathcorps

November 12, 2011, 10:39:08 am #90 Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 11:59:45 am by formerdeathcorps
Spreadsheet Errors:

1) Song/Dance still costs 100 JP.
2) Short Charge still costs 600 JP.

Gameplay Errors:

1) Decapitation Axe has 100% proc.
2) Decapitation proc is darkness elemental?  Holdover from 1.3 but it feels stupid when units with black costume are healed by the attack for 90% of their HP.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Barren

I also detected that there is no reflect ring in the spreadsheet
You dare cross blades with me?

FFMaster

November 12, 2011, 05:48:18 pm #92 Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 06:26:34 pm by FFMaster
In the text tab, find Heretic's Ring with search function. Rename it to Reflect Ring.

EDIT: 135b released. This fixes a critical error in weapon proc and fixes a few bugs. Death gets a major nerf and Decap proc no longer dark elemental.

Barren

Just to let you know that the cost of Frog and Death of the Black Mage Skillset is inaccurate...it saids 200, 250 but it should be 150, 200 according to the guide

Barren

It could also be possible that the chances of clim hazzard procs is busted, watch fdc (Requisition) vs Vigilanti (Get On Status!) to see you feel that it is or isn't the case

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Barren on November 13, 2011, 02:39:00 pm
It could also be possible that the chances of clim hazzard procs is busted, watch fdc (Requisition) vs Vigilanti (Get On Status!) to see you feel that it is or isn't the case

That should be fixed in 1.35b... I think.  Something along the procs being fucked to shit (again) happened when FFMaster tried applying another proc-modifying hack, which is the main reason 1.35b was released.  I assume that'll fix the Platina Dagger error, since it's most likely related.

formerdeathcorps

You can't remove critical or jump status.  And yet, that's what the AI attempts to do with refute.  Can that be removed, please?
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

FFMaster

November 15, 2011, 06:39:09 pm #97 Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 06:52:31 pm by FFMaster
136 released

Bugs
- Flags for some abilities fixed
- Formula 07 now only reads Zodiac compat once
- Frog and Death now correct JP
- Refute fixed to not remove Jump/Critical

General
- Night penalties removed for ranged weapons

Abilities
- Anything MA*2+X is now MA+X
- Cheer Up X increased to 75
- Secret Fist X increased to 50
- Holy CT increased to 5
- Odin X increased to 25
- All Talk Skills X increased by 10
- Preach now MA+45% to add Faith
- Solution now MA+45% to add Innocent
- Pray Faith removed from Oracle Skillset
- Doubt Faith removed from Oracle Skillset
- Insult comes back
- Katon renamed to Koiton, Darkness element
- Raiton renamed to Futon, wind element

Equipment
- Sticks are no longer 2 handable
- All Book procs now 33% chance
- All Longbows gain 1 WP
- All Ninjato except Hidden Knife, Iga Knife, Koga Knife gains 1 WP
- Iga/Koga Knife gains 2 WP
- Short Edge proc chance increased to 50%
- Flail renamed to Sadist's Whip, Dark elemental, Strengthen: Dark
- Flame Whip renamed to Spiked Futon, Wind elemental, Strengthen: Wind
- Morning Star renamed to Aspergillum, Water elmental, Strengthen: Water
- All Harps down 1 WP
- Romanda Gun now 8 range

Tables will be updated in a bit.

EDIT: Tables updated.

Pierce

Quote from: FFMaster on November 15, 2011, 06:39:09 pm
- Raiton renamed to Futon, wind element

Throwing furniture at people is now effected by wind.
Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda

FFMaster

Well, Futon is just bad romanization. It should actually be Fuuton, Futon is funnier.