• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:26:16 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Cheetah

Started by Cheetah, March 14, 2011, 08:39:31 pm

Cheetah

I have been around here for a long time. Started off with spriting, then heavy on event editing, and then moved on to hacking in general. I have been a moderator of the forum for well over two years, though my activity has dipped considerably since I started grad school for my PhD in Clinical Psychology two years ago.  I will fill in my "Resume" later.

I am always happy to give tips and help out as time allows.

I'm posting this for two reasons:
1) I'm super proud of my animated Avatar and sig and wanted to brag.
2) I'm going to Eastern Europe for two weeks and wanted any who cared to know so people didn't think I disappeared on them.

Ultimately I think I will just use this introduction thread for personal announcements and comments, mostly because I have too little time to devote much time to IRC to get to know people well there.

Current Projects:

Eternal

Your avatar always creeps me out. Not sure why. :P

Where are you going in Europe? Hope you enjoy yourself!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Pride

The second sprite in your sig is amazing.

That is all.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Celdia

Quote from: Eternal248 on March 14, 2011, 09:10:53 pm
Your avatar always creeps me out. Not sure why. :P

Oh I know why it creeps me out - I never really noticed it was moving at first but out of the corner of my eye I know I saw movement...only to look up and see that avatar and nothing moving. Then it would happen again, and again...

Also your sig animations do look awesome.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

dinosaur

It initially creeped me out but I learned to lurv it.

Where in eastern Europe?

(Oh and WELCOME!)

Cheetah

Haha, I put a realistically long amount of time between blinks and other movements just so people would have to look really close to notice anything. I'm sure no one has noticed this, but I put the forum texture as the background in the avatar so that it blends better.

Starting out in German, then Prague, then Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, and then flying out of Germany again. Two weeks of freedom!
Current Projects:

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Your avatar looks prettier than I remember it.  Did you put it through a filter?

Cheetah

March 25, 2011, 02:46:17 am #7 Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 02:16:32 am by Cheetah
Budapest is amazing.

I hath returnethed.
Current Projects:

Celdia

• Discord username: Celdia#0

Twinees

April 01, 2011, 08:34:03 am #9 Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 08:46:07 am by twinees
welcome back Cheetah :). You haven't missed much, Eternal is still overlord.

Eternal

Overloaded? With what? o_o
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Cheetah

Quote from: twinees on April 01, 2011, 08:34:03 am
welcome back Cheetah :). You haven't missed much, Eternal is still overlord.

Holy crap! Sweet new avatar Twinees.
Current Projects:

Twinees

Thankyou very much sir :). I will be making attack animations for it soon.

Cheetah

I just uploaded some more of my FFXII International playthrough videos. There will probably only be one more of these.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Cheetah596
Current Projects:

Cheetah

Is my avatar missing?
Current Projects:

Wiz

August 01, 2011, 10:25:58 pm #15 Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 10:27:12 pm by Wiz
It isn't for me. I see it clearly w/ its shifty and blinky eyes o.0

Didn't think about it until now, but for your signature, what "projects" are those supposed to represent out of curiosity?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Cheetah

Ack I need to reload my avatar gherr. They are just sprite projects, but I'm very bad about finishing sprites. I thought a visual remind might motivate me more, I was mistaken.
Current Projects:

GeneralStrife

Lol, I remember seeing that sprite on the right a few years ago.

Reikn

CHEETAH :) thanks for ur help just wanted to drop a line and a PHD in Psych? GL with life hope it turns out for u GREAT. Hope u'll continue to answer my FFT questions since i sense that ur a pro in it anyways hahaha :)

Cheetah

Hey Reikn, I'm always happy to help out. I have just been around here for a long time even if I'm not that active anymore.

I actually graduated with my masters in psychology in June. Now I'm doing more clinical practice, I have real clients now, but I still have a minimum of two more years of classes and more clinical work before I have my PhD. Pretty much I'm just procrastinating when I'm on FFH, for instance right now I have a 15 page paper due in two days that I currently have 1 page written.
Current Projects: