• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:56:53 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

??? Spritesheets in Shishi

Started by Rochefaton, January 01, 2010, 11:37:58 pm

Rochefaton

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge, but sprites 5D and 5E in Shishi look like this when given different palettes:

I find it interesting that they are labeled "fighter" and "magician", respectively.

Vanya

We're aware of these. My theory is that they're some sort of weird archive of working sprites from the development of the game. I don't know that anyone ever verified whether the images could be separated or not.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Rochefaton

Bloodthirster0

Curse you photobucket!

Can someone re-post these sprites,they are kasanen and kasanek with palletes applied.

I need something simple to resume my spriting
Need something useful to write here

mav

Quote from: "Bloodthirster0"Can someone re-post these sprites,they are kasanen and kasanek with palletes applied.
I'd like to see this as well. Or if you know which palette they used, maybe we could just remake 'em ourselves.

Bloodthirster0

the pallete applied on the image submitted here,was Simon',although it isnt the right one,the right one is that one

the sprite according to researches and especulation is young simon.

foreseeing further questions,Zozma ripped the portrait and the main pose a long time ago,but it can be ripped from Unit.bin and Wldface.bin with FFT Unit Changer

Vanya

Each of those sprites, kasanek & kasanem,  are a conglomeration of sprites stacked on top of each other.
That particular frame Zozma ripped is actually from Unit.BIN, not kasanem.
The 'Young Simon' just happens to be the one that's on top of the MAGICIAN stack.
I *think* I remember asking Zodiac about separating them out, but he said it was more trouble than it would be worth.
Anyway I was looking at my sprite archive and I happen to have them both with a palette applied already. So here:
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Bloodthirster0

it isnt dificult to split the mess from the sprite itself,it just needs a lot of patience.I needed the sprite because I knew that the frame ripped from unit corresponded to the main sprite of kasanen,if complete is one step closer to my projet completion