• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:31:35 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

help with mods

Started by Dio87, September 22, 2018, 01:16:09 am

Dio87

Hello, just started to mess with fftpatcher. Quick questions:

do I have to start a new game each time I wanna test out changes?

Any way to be able to press start or a button to skip cut scenes? Its related to me starting over from the beginning each time I want to test out the changes I made.

Might be out of topic but: when i accidentally access memory card in game it freezes. anyone know how to make the memory card option work? I have a bad habit of overriding the emulators save state so i loss progress.

thanks for any help
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Xifanie

Any changes to the SCUS are permanent, and you need to hard reset the game for changes to take effect. SCUS changes include:
- Everything in FFTPatcher except for the ENTD tab
- Nothing in FFTTactText

Files are loaded dynamically, so you can normally just load a save to make many files refresh, or enter/leave a battle and so on.
No idea about your memory card problem, but A) This is not an emulator forum B) You didn't even mention the emulator you used, making helping you pretty much impossible.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful