• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:38:29 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Old] A little map editing...

Started by Kokojo, January 31, 2010, 05:47:00 pm

Kokojo

January 31, 2010, 05:47:00 pm Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:03:42 am by Kokojo
Well, that's not much, but hey, it helps to make the story better.
(Okay, just bragging because I am happy)

Original :

http://www.ffhacktics.com/maps.php?id=10

New :

Orginal :

http://www.ffhacktics.com/maps.php?id=7

New :
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Smitson

Kokojo

mav

Great work--how complicated is this stuff?

formerdeathcorps

That's my question as well.  Kokojo, what program did you use or was this from Hex Editing?  I don't recall gomtuu's program doing this.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Kokojo

I used Gomtuu's program, Ganesha.

Ganesha gives you the pointers (where to go for what block) - you then go manually to see the edits you need to make - in hex, in the maps. This was a simple copy paste 12 bytes a couple of time.

It's long, but once it's understood it's not very hard. As for actual map I still need to learn more but I made a 100% flat map earlier today, so I guess we could actually be Whole-Map editing before long. We just need to figure out how to add polygons and ect.

Cheetah

Glad you finally figured out how to just get rid of the doors Kokojo haha.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

This looks nice Koko ^^. I was deeply moved when I saw you use my Rydia sprite (wich reminds me, shouldn't she be reworked? She looks kinda off to me)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kokojo

Since FFM run of CoP said the the mid-boss was ''an anoying guy'' and very difficult, I decided to modify the map and make it better for the fight. How do you like that, guys ?

Jumza

hope you mess with the COP battle rush event after doing this otherwise itll get messed up... otherwise great work!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.