• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:24:56 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 ☢ ☢ ☢

Started by CT5Holy, July 05, 2013, 03:03:08 am

Zotis

For 2 days now I haven't been able to get the loosers bracket match between woodenbandman and TheJonin to work.  It just keeps erroring, but all of the other videos are working.  Is there something wrong with it?

Barren

Ask FFMaster on IRC chat or mibbit when you get the chance. He was the one that did the video
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

reinoe

zotis, I'm able to view the match just fine.  My browser is Google Chrome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihoJIYQDIng

During last seasons tournament we learned that DRAW OUT MASAMUNE AoE was way too powerful with all of the final four having units of that type.

During the Single Class Challenge tournament we learned how powerful Cursed Rings, two hands katar, and maximized Magic Guns are.

So were there any lessons to be learned from this A.I. tournament?
None that I can think of to be honest.  We already knew that Magic Guns had a counter and we already knew about Quickening needing to die.  I've watched almost all the FFT Hacktics tournaments, and I think this was one of the most balanced ever.

Actually there is one thing...
I think physical units are more powerful than spellcasting ones overall and that Physical teams are better than magical spellcasting teams.  I'm saying this because the need to manage MP is an additional burden to teambuilding.  Furthermore having 40 Faith is an inherent meta against spellcasting teams.  And there's charge times that have to be taken into consideration as well.  Most teams that went far had only one spellcaster, and that one spellcaster was a Unit using either raise or raise 2, with the exception of Barren.
My dreams can come true!

Malroth

yeah 0CT quickening is definately too powerful especially on immortal units,  8 to 10 CT would be much more managable since units would stop boosting their speed once they get to the point where their turn overlaps the charge time and even short charge wouldn't help that much since it would have to replace Two hands or Attack up as the defacto support on Quickening units.

Avalanche

Well eventhough second place for a theam that was more ment to be a gimmick Team rather than a competitve team, i am a little disappointed. I think with a good support Unit instead of the dancer my Team could have been realy good

Zotis

reinoe

Quote from: Zotis on January 07, 2014, 12:36:38 am
I wonder when season 3 will be?

Not until next summer most likely.  Plenty of time to practice team building and video recording abilities.
My dreams can come true!

Zotis

Heh, maybe I could even be one of the recorders/commentators for it by then.  : D

Barren

Hopefully, we could use some help besides me and CT5Holy (though I am thinking about letting someone else have the spotlight in hosting it....unless people still want me as one of their host) :P

Zotis

What? Are you crazy Barren? You're not allowed to not be one of the hosts!  You have to be!   :mrgreen:

Gaignun

I wouldn't mind seeing a tournament with stipulations, like unlimited JP, no duplicate skills/skill sets/equipment, or anything in between.

I might be able to host if I find a way to get an emulator working on this laptop of mine.  Whatever the case, I strongly suggest minimizing the number of hosts to two or three.  Any more and the tournament will drag on for months, as the last two seasons did.

Zotis

When I figure this out maybe I'll host some mini-tournaments.

Barren

Maybe season 3 (or 8) can be what season 5 back in the 1.3 days were like Gaignun said. I'll do a post sometime in the spring