• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:21:03 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Old] A new b(eta)eginning [Latest update 1st October]

Started by Dome, September 14, 2015, 10:58:32 am

Dome

There are ice absorbing items, but I think it might be a bug
Could you please tell us the item she's wearing (Or screencap them)?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Barren

Once you iron out the bugs I'll have a look at it myself. i remember playing one of your older patches a long time ago. Definitely when I get some free time and a break from Arena I'll do a LP on your patch Dome. It looks really cool
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

TrueLight

Sure.

Female Squire - Broad Sword / Escutcheon / Leather Hat / Clothes / Small Mantle

Ramza - Broad Sword / Escutcheon / Leather Hat / Clothes / Battle Boots

I checked the item descriptions of Battle Boots and Small Mantle, but nothing of ice absorption is there.
  • Modding version: PSX

Dome

Quote from: Barren on September 20, 2015, 09:58:37 am
Once you iron out the bugs I'll have a look at it myself. i remember playing one of your older patches a long time ago. Definitely when I get some free time and a break from Arena I'll do a LP on your patch Dome. It looks really cool

Greatly appreciated :-)

Quote from: TrueLight on September 20, 2015, 09:59:07 am
Sure.

Female Squire - Broad Sword / Escutcheon / Leather Hat / Clothes / Small Mantle

Ramza - Broad Sword / Escutcheon / Leather Hat / Clothes / Battle Boots

I checked the item descriptions of Battle Boots and Small Mantle, but nothing of ice absorption is there.

Thanks again.
The items are fine, the problem is that the job itself is setted to absorb ice...and ofc it isn't intended  :P
Thanks for all the bug reports guys, keep 'em coming!

DanteS

Just finished ch2 and was wondering something... why Agrias didn't show up on the fight where she runs from lionel castle ? did you remove her from this event? or it's just a bug?

Dome

DanteS

Another bug... well not excatly a bug but anyway... wrong description on the jobs, for example on lancer it's saying to that need level 3 archer and level 3 monk (what is a LIE xD )
that's all for the moment

Dome

September 22, 2015, 05:39:41 am #27 Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 05:11:01 am by Dome
Quote from: DanteS on September 21, 2015, 08:43:33 pm
Another bug... well not excatly a bug but anyway... wrong description on the jobs, for example on lancer it's saying to that need level 3 archer and level 3 monk (what is a LIE xD )
that's all for the moment

Thanks, added

Eternal

I would be really excited to see a video playthrough of FFT+. It might get people more drummed up to play it if they see your changes in action beyond just a trailer. It's also a really good way to go back and see, "Wow, looking back at this video, maybe I should have changed this or that." It'd also be kinda fun to see where you have trouble with some battles. ;)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

September 23, 2015, 03:18:42 am #29 Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 06:27:05 am by Dome
Me, trouble? I'm the guy, and I doesnt afraid of anything!

Ehm...

I think you are right Eternal, a video playthrough is a good way to get feedback and encourage people to play.
I can make one, even if I'd rather see others play the patch because everyone has his own playstyle.

P.s: Now that you mention it, the trailer has been "upgraded": it's similar to the first one, but more faithful to the 1.02 version...you guys might want to check it out!

DanteS

I don't if it is a bug but on the description of the item says "you shouldn't be able to read this. If you are, it means I did something wrong :-( Please report the bug on the forums!"
I received this item after defeating izlude as a reward for the battle

DanteS

3lric

September 23, 2015, 10:17:08 pm #32 Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 05:05:50 am by Dome
Quote from: DanteS on September 23, 2015, 09:50:35 pm
Balmafula sprite is bugged

This is because the ppf is derped. If you expand the iso yourself via hex editor, you can see her sprite is all derped the hell out. (Or you can expand a iso with shishi and then patch with FFT+ to see in shishi, but it'll make any replaced sprite derp out.)

Another reason I mentioned what I did earlier about the expanding not being done right.
  • Modding version: PSX

Dome

September 24, 2015, 02:07:26 am #33 Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 05:06:04 am by Dome
Thanks for the bug reports DanteS, added to the list

In case anyone is interested, next beta patch will be released around the 1st October, and all the bugs listed in this post (and probably many more) will be fixed. If you are in the middle of a playthrough, you won't need to start over :)

DanteS

Dome... did you change any calc. on the generic jobs for damage ? if you did could please tell me what you've changed? thx ^^

Dome

A LOT of formulas have been changed...too many to list here...
Give me more infos and I'll clear any doubt you have :)

DanteS

thx Dome, well if you permit me to start, I shall begin the journey to know all the formulas that concerns me...
starting with, samurai formula, still based on MA?
and about geo formula, still based on the PA MA ?
I think those are the formulas that I'd love to know by now thanks again Dome ^^

Dome

Quote from: DanteS on September 26, 2015, 02:32:30 pm
starting with, samurai formula, still based on MA?
and about geo formula, still based on the PA MA ?

Yes to both :)
Anyone who has a question, post! I'm here to answer

DanteS

oh yeah I'd like to ask something... when I fought rofel, balk, kletian and others at orbone monastery I tought that those fights were pretty easy and their items were pretty shitty (normal equips from ch4, with the exception of balk that had 2 f***** guns to rape me without mercy... anyway you got the idea) was this intended to happen ? or it's just non adjusted to be hard as...
thx already ^^

Dome

Well you know, the patch isn't meant to be super-hard, and also depends on which units/jobs you used to win the fight...
Anyway I'll look into them and see if they are too easy