• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 01:41:31 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT: Parted Ways Beta v0.361 (Bug fixes, more Blue Magic, cheaper use items!)

Started by Eternal248, June 23, 2011, 10:15:51 am

Laktuk

Thanks for the fast replies, this is by far my favorite patch now.

Another thing I have to say, is the jp cost for a lot of the spells seem to be a bit high, and not that much of an upgrade. Just my personal opinion.

Also, crashing everywhere after Chapter 1, is this intended as the patch is not complete?
Aside from dorter battle I can't even do random battles

edit:Loaded wrong iso, disregard that

Eternal

A thing that I think should be noted is non-tiered magic (such as Word of Pain, Pyrokinesis, Quake, etc.) deal MA*10 damage and do not factor Faith. So if you're facing an enemy who has low Faith, your mage still has a viable attack option. Tier II magic deal extra damage and has more AoE.

Also, if you're facing low Faith enemies, use a Magus. Their attack spells deal more damage to enemies who have lower Faith. A Magus with Divinity is a fearsome mage!

Further, feel free to join us on IRC. I'd love to hear about your progress first-hand!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Eternal

Just click the Mibbit or PJIRC button on the toolbar and go from there. :)
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Eternal

Gerard the Beastmaster has been successfully added and will be in the next update. :)

Barren

Here's the new Shinobi Class, hopefully this video covers as much info as you may need

Shinobi Preview
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Eternal

Thanks for the preview! When the full version of .36 comes out, the terrain help data will show the proper Shinobi skill it triggers. I just haven't quite gotten to that yet, but it's easy enough to change.

Not sure why the Stoneskin and Sandstorm self-buffs missed, everything looks right in the Patcher. I'll need to fiddle around with them some, it seems.

There are a few Bansenshukai skills that can't really be covered well (such as Nigete and Shuriken) because they happen on terrains that are most commonly seen during story fights. Thanks for the coverage!

EDIT: Suiton/Fuuton will properly hit multiple times randomly in the full release of .36. Forgot to check a flag off. >_>

Barren

No problem Eternal, I do have another PW Walkthrough video made but I won't be able to upload it until tomorrow...so stay tuned for that
You dare cross blades with me?

Eternal

Eternal

MountainDew~

• Discord username: Holographic #1363

Eternal

Some additions to look forward to:

-Gerard the Beastmaster
-Tortoises!
-Fat Chocobo summon

Eternal

Mimes are back in for .36, but not in the form you guys will expect...

Eternal

Big thanks to Elric for helping with the new event for .36, Celdia for the formation sprites, and the various spriters for all the amazing new sprites! You guys are awesome! :D

MountainDew~

This would get released X-Mas eve when I won't have time to play it. :(
  • Discord username: Holographic #1363

Eternal

Eternal

I've discovered a way to get New Game+ to work, so there's a good chance it'll be in .37!

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Argy

• Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Eternal248 on December 30, 2011, 08:15:23 am
I've discovered a way to get New Game+ to work, so there's a good chance it'll be in .37!

If this works it gonna be epic! :D
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...