• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT: Parted Ways Beta v0.361 (Bug fixes, more Blue Magic, cheaper use items!)

Started by Eternal248, June 23, 2011, 10:15:51 am

Eternal

The way it works currently is I have a loop- if you have Human Reis in your party and go to Nelveska, you'll be warped back to the battle at Gariland, where you can continue from Chapter I. There are only two issues currently:

1) Ramza needs to become his Chapter I self again.
2) The world map in New Game+ is 100% open. It's not a priority, but I'd like it to display as it does during those points in the game.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Eternal

Just edited Propositions today. .37's Props will only take 1-2 days (less save/load stating!), but will reward you slightly less.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Eternal

Updated the first post with .361, which contains many important bug fixes and nifty little features. New Game+ has been semi-added, though I suggest keeping a save prior to it if you try it- it needs some major testing and I already know of two issues that'll need fixed. If you don't want it, you don't have to go back to Nelveska after DD. :D

Eternal

.37 will feature a new mini-sidequest. Phantom Thief Zero has hidden 65 precious statuettes across the world, and you- the player- can find them! Each Idol sells for 6000 Gil, or you can keep them and collect them. It's the biggest treasure hunt ever in FFT. :D

Dome

Optional sidequests are always welcome in a game...awesome stuff Et!

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Joseph Strife

Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Eternal

I was set to work on it this week but some stuff came up. It'll be coming soon, I promise! :D

Barren

Well whenever it comes out I'll do a video after super bowl sunday :D

Eternal

To reiterate, .37 will have five main things.

-Treasure Hunting
-Two scenes with a new character, Razala, at Zigolis Swamp (Chapter II) and Yuguo Woods (Chapter III)
-New Game+
-Cheaper useable items
-Easier beginning-game.

Barren

You think I should start over just to show off those features for you?

Eternal

Depends on if you want to collect all 65 Treasure Idols, get Gerard, and see the new scenes with Razala. It's changed quite a bit since you first started out anyways.

Barren

I think I just might...besides I could use a fresh new feel of the patch since it'll be long long long long time before I can beat the nelveska temple mission :0

Eternal

While I await New Game+ to be finished (huge props to Elric, Raven, and Pride for that, btw), I've done a few mechanics changes I think people will enjoy. The following changes will also be in .37:

-Elemental magic is unique. Fire magic costs less MP, Blizzard magic gets more AoE, Thunder magic is faster to cast, Aero magic gets extra Range, Stone magic is stronger, Water magic is unreflectable, Dark magic cannot be Counter Magic'd, and Dia magic cannot be evaded.
-Pain is fixed.
-Stone and Stone II have been given different animations.
-Awakening is back to Cheer, but now gives +1 Speed to an ally.
-Prayer no longer Perseveres.
-Rehearsal no longer costs MP.
-Parley now inflicts Stop, rather than reducing CT to 0.

-Some ridiculously bad items are being given a makeover. No more useless Shielded Bow and Hand Crossbow, folks!
-Hand Crossbow is now Riviera, a Chapter I Crossbow that may cast Power Ruin.
-Shielded Bow is now the Hayate Bow, which may sometimes release a second attack.
-Thorned Bow is no longer Auto: Poison, may inflict Immobilize on hit.
-Gourmand's Outfit now also grants immunity to Poison and Immobilize.
-Thief's Cap and Liberating Armlet now also grant immunity to Slow and Stop.
-Gigantoad Armlet now also grants immunity to Poison and Oil.
-Eau de Malboro's Evasion is up to 50%.
-Some buyable items have been spread out some more among the chapters to make it less overwhelming.

-Added the 65 Treasure Idols.
-Each battlefield has lost one Elixir as a Treasure Hunt and has been replaced with a Magicite Shard.
-Omega will have his proper sprite. Hopefully.
-Shinryu gets Speed Save.
-Yiazmat gains immunity to Immobilize and Slow.
-All Immortal flagged enemies gain immunity to all debuffs. Recruited Lucavi lose their debuff resistances.
-Nobody will be able to equip Magicite, to prevent a rather... interesting bug involving attacking oneself. Damn emo Avatars.

Eternal

Some more changes for .37. I'll keep adding to this topic as I add more.

-Thanks to Celdia, hopefully there'll be new item icons. Huzzah!

-Most monsters have lost Arcane Boost.
-Bombs now Absorb: Fire and Halve: Ice, and maintain Weak: Water.
-Bomb's Blaze and Bomblet now work properly.
-Tonberry's Chef Knife can now randomly add Death.
-Tonberry's Voodoo now depletes an enemy's HP equal to the enemy's lost HP.

-Sacrifical Dagger is no longer Auto: Undead.
-Gigas Mace now only gives 1 PA, but may cast Dispel on hit.
-Ras Algethi may now randomly cast Flare on hit.
-Twin Harp WP down from 8 to 7.
-Shortspear WP down from 9 to 8, no longer provides W-EVD.
-Raijin Pole is now Sweep, can inflict Immobilize. Now available at Chapter I.
-Iron Pole is now available at Chapter III.
-Ensanguined Shield is now Initial: Slow, Poison, Undead, and Blind.
-Omega, Wyrmslayer, and Lu Shang Badge now give a large boost in either HP, MP, or both.

-Auto Potion will hopefully use only Potions now.

Panda_Tar

After reading some improvements here ... oh, hello! New here and forgot to say: Good day!

Now it's said.

I'd like to thank you for proposing such interesting content for FFT fans, such as myself. Given now that I'm almost turning 30, I'm somewhat nostalgic in playing this game, and having DIFFERENT things to do or to seek come in handy, pretty sure of it.

Although I'm more like conservational regarding especially names of abilities, equipments and spells, new things also have some glamour. Hopefully I'll join in playing this game and also report any strangeness I might happen to bump into.

Let's see if your patch keeps the FEELING of playing FFT, which I couldn't find in another's patch, of Those-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

Meanwhile, I'm also interested on all these tools for editing our own events and such. Perhaps, if I am in the mood for it, why not? I only wished my Time Mage could cast Galaxy Stop after chatting with Olan. lol After all, we did saved Orlandu, didn't we?

Cheers!

Post Scriptum: hey, where is the list of all changes you have made? Like monster list, job list, etclist?
  • Modding version: PSX
Always interpreting the foul side of things makes you fouler still.

Eternal

Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true!

The primary goal of PW is to maintain the feel of FFT with a totally new spin, so I'm hoping it still feels like FFT! That said, PW is heavily inspired by elements from FFVI, FFXIII, FFTA, and Tactics Ogre, so there will be quite a bit different from FFT. I, much like you, am conservational about canon and FF lore. Therefore, one of my goals is to -not- try and break canon and add weird stuff (though some people would argue some of my changes are weird!)

In regards to a total changelog, there's so much I changed I wouldn't know where to start, honestly. Every job and item is new, and every item is of equal use so there isn't one item that's directly better than another, which lets you customize stuff in a whole new way.

If you want to give Time Mages Galaxy Stop, that's a really easy edit. Just download the FFTPatcher and add Galaxy Stop to their skillset. Beware though, this will give enemy Time Mages Galaxy Stop too!

Panda_Tar

Thanks for the welcome.

So, I found the topics regarding the changes here and there (dunno how I overlooked them before...) and I'm going to look over them. I'm a game design of sorts, so it's typical that I might suggest things, if you don't mind. Of course, it's not something to make "I want this because I like!", but I hope that I can help with balancing issues - however I don't really fancy going into programming, God bless.

About Galaxy Stop, it's not that I wanted it to be normal input, but something like Ultima for Ramza. I spoke of Olan and Orlandu because I pictured Olan being thankful for you having saving Orlandu in a sidequest, on a bar hidden somewhere, so you could check that and earn the prize of having Galaxy Stop available for Time Mages, your TM or perhaps only for Ramza, if the thing is too difficult to add strictly to your side.

I saw there's magicite mentioned around too, so it beings me memory from FF III-VI. I was so wanting to see Madeen here that I was sketching one myself, thinking I could introduce it in the place of Salamander. Why the hell 2 fire summons anyway? Just to say, Summoning and Summoners are the most eyecandy things for me. I so love them. Diablos was extraordinary, wasn't he?

Panda_Tar

Ah, forgot to ask: do you intend on placing BIGGS and WEDGE somewhere?  ;)

Eternal

Feedback- both positive and negative- are always welcome. :)

Probably the easiest way to go about it is to put Olan in DD, and make Galaxy Stop learn-on-hit for Time Mages.

Salamander is already being replaced by Phoenix, but I suspect Maduin would be a good replacement for Cyclops. If you want to learn how to edit Summons, drop by chat sometime and Celdia, Dinosaur, or Xifanie will likely be able to help.

Biggs and Wedge are being put back into the first battle at Orbonne in the next version. :D