• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 12:49:14 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT: Parted Ways Beta v0.361 (Bug fixes, more Blue Magic, cheaper use items!)

Started by Eternal248, June 23, 2011, 10:15:51 am

GeneralStrife

That's awesome. I think I'll download your new release. Let me know if you need help with PW.

Dome

I'll probably play PW today
I just have to patch and play, right? No special recommendation to make the patch work?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Eternal

Right. It currently freezes at Zeakden though, but I'm getting a fix for that.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Tyler

Think I'll give it a shot after Zeakden is fixed, then. Definitely looks interesting. =]
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: tylerf#3233

Eternal

Glad to hear it! Some other fixes in an update will likely be the tutorial battle not taking as long and a few balance fixes.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Eternal

.31 features mostly balance changes.

-Magicite is now Poachable as well as obtained through the story.
-Poaches have been buffed.
-Items now properly reflect their descriptions.

-Freelancers have been nerfed.
-Psions have two replaced skills.
-Mustadio has been buffed slightly.

-Swords/Staves are buffed slightly.
-Carpets are nerfed.
-Twin Harp is nerfed.
-Books have had their WP lowered slightly.

-Some sprite errors have been fixed.

Eternal

Updated to .32, featuring some pretty big item and skill changes. From here on, I'll include a changelog in the first post noting each change from the previous versions.

Eternal

.34 is out, and is the beginning of PW's event changes! The script is now WotL- but don't panic! If you hated the WotL names, you're in luck! Although it uses WotL's script, it uses Vanilla's names and keeps fan favorite lines, such as Blame Yourself. Further, Berserkers have a new sprite. Enjoy!

Cheetah

Current Projects:

The Damned

(I am reminded about something: Did you see what I responded with about Execute a couple of weeks ago one of Barren's videos? If so, then did it work out.)

This probably isn't the correct place to put this, but there isn't really a place for it otherwise since there's not a general discussion thread here--not that there needs to be. Similarly, I'm not going to make another thread just to ask this:

1. Did Aquilae manage to inform you that Haste in Parted Ways seems to magically evadable yet? Is this intentional? Or just a minor oversight/mistake?

2. How are you planning to "balance" Avatar's Magicite abilities with their instantaneous casting, inability to use MP and high attack power given that they no longer stand a chance of breaking? I ask partly out of sheer interest and partly because I'm considering making Summoner use Magicite to save space--hence the change of my avatar to something actually from FFT for once--and such, even if it means stealing from you the magicite/auracite/nethicite/whatever doesn't seem to work remotely the same way it does in FFVI for the most part. To be clear, "I don't plan on balancing it/it's fine how it is" is a perfectly valid answer, even if I would perhaps not agree with it.

I'm still working on "Project: Functional, Usable Computer", so, yeah, still haven't been able to play Parted Ways. Apologies again.

Stricken EDIT: Whoops. Didn't notice that strike-through screw up. I really wish these forums would go the last post instead of going to the forum after posting.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Eternal

1) Execute is gone.
2) Haste is fixed.
3) Summons will likely be given a CT when it fully works, but given the breakability is still wonky, I don't want to mess with it too much currently.

The Damned

(You didn't wish to keep Execute even with the 100% thing? Not that I can say it's huge loss; just curious.)

I see.

However, you are aware that with a CT, the linear summons of Titan and Odin will become...wonky with regards to how their targeting works, correct? Or has there been a method discovered to prevent the AI (or the player) from hitting in two directions by targeting diagonally?
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Eternal

Eternal

I'm going to really need feedback on this update, guys. I worry that battles will be too difficult with some of the forced setups. Let me know how you feel! Advice/criticism is always welcome and appreciated. :)

Also, .35 features a new method of patching which makes the process take much less time and will free you of some of the errors that have come up in the past. Be sure to read the included Readme!

Eternal

Reuploaded .35 with the necessary files included to run the included Shishi file. Shouldn't affect anyone who got it to work already though.

Laktuk

Hey, long time lurker, first time poster.
i've played a couple of patches and this is one of the more difficult/frustrating.

Early game gave me a bit of trouble, it seems that scholars are quite under-powered compared to the melee tree

It also seems forced that you need to use regen, the inability to gain more gil to purchase potions is a game changer.

The frequency that freelancers use potions seems a bit ridiculous, making battles drag on for what seems like forever.

Only played a few hours but it's already getting insanely repetitive.

I do like the new skins though, all in all, pretty decent.

Eternal

Scholars are getting a buff in the next update, which will be quite a bit better balanced. Potions will likely be getting a JP boost so lower level enemies don't spam it as much. I suggest using Poles with your Scholar- particularly the Iron Pole to inflict Disable. Are there any battles you're having particular trouble with?

Laktuk

Went ahead and restarted the patch and played more intelligently,  a few things I've noticed

When an item is stolen that affects hp/mp, your character will still have the hp/mp beforehand. I.E. max hp 200, 100 health from chest piece, chest piece stolen, should be 100/100 but is 200/100

It seems that sentiniels are unstoppable. Ridiculous health/protection and regen just makes them unstoppable, but without them it would be near impossible. I feel that magic users scaling, at least low level, (up to mid ch 2) are really low. Once I got a necromancer it started to balance out, but it was just frustrating having to bench out mages at low levels. Scholars are alright, but obviously way better when updated to devout/magus.

Berserks have a skill that's supposed to be pummel or something, but it only does regular attack damage and nothing else. If I use the attack skill it would normally hit a 58, use that skill and only hit a 58, even with constant quick saves and tests, no difference.

Zantetsu seems to never apply death effect, tested same way above.

Algus flys.

I would like to a see a new viking skin for males, it looks a tad.. non viking esque.

Chapter 1 battle summaries,
Mandalia, frustrating, but all in all easily doable.
Sweegy, a complete pushover.
Dorter- If not stacked with sentiniels, near impossible, the snipers will completely destroy any mages almost instantly.
Sand rat celler- Potions, potions, potions, and phoenix downs. It was frustrating, and I had to end up berserking almost all of them before able to clear. Took multiple attempts, but when i went in with sentiniels, again it was just a pushover and a matter of time.
Thieves Den-easy, just need shell/reflect
The next plains place, pretty easy, midula has a berserk and just rushes in and dies really quick.. Kinda boring.
Zovokham- Wiegraf is pretty tough, but goes down quickly, snipers did nothign vs sentiniels, upgraded ramza to a berserker and found the pummel bug, nice damage though.
Zeakden- No freezes, pretty easy, delita just smashes algus.

All in all, I like how the enemies actually utilize skills, potions etc, but it seems you are pushed into a decision early game.
Sentiniels or bust, the damage output by spells low level are almost negligible compared to a sword hit anyway.

Finishing chapter 2 today, mastered sentinel in a few, and heading down the trees, my two mages are necros/psions and are working out pretty well.

Have not noticed any other bugs.

Nice patch, enjoying it!

Laktuk

Also if you would like me to a record and specific battles, please ask, I would do all but my internet is rather slow.

Eternal

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm aware of the bug regarding stolen items, but I'm not aware of there being a fix for it quite yet. That said, their HP will display properly when hit/healed.

Sentinels are very much meant to be walls, and that holds true throughout the game. Unlike Berserkers, they can't really hit too hard, but they make wonderful distractions. Once you get things like HP Boost and Forcefield, you can craft an even tankier Sentinel to distract enemy attacks. Slap Alchemy on them and they become even better!

The Ravage skill deals ((PA+3)/2*PA) damage, meaning that it's based entirely on your PA.

In terms of mages, PW really boosts the accuracy and usefulness of buffs/debuffs. That's why even though a Scholar's damage output with spells might not be amazing, their skillset is useful thanks to Scourge, Frog, Esuna, and Dispel. When you get access to things like Immobilize and Disable on the Harbinger, you'll see what I mean. I'm really trying to promote buffing allies and debuffing enemies. There's tons of options, so try 'em out! :D

Zantetsu is bugged for whatever reason, so it'll be removed for the next update. You'll get your Linear Death attack with Odin later on. ;)

Algus flies because the Chocobo Boots item bestows the Fly ability.

I've had a few complaints about the Male Viking sprite, but we don't have a Male Viking sprite that looks like the female just yet, so this is the closest I could do, lol.

Thanks for offering to make videos, but I totally empathize with having crappy internet. So long as you tell me how you feel about each battle, I'll be happy. Any and all feedback- both positive and negative- goes towards helping make this a better patch, so thanks again for your observations!